Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
don't forget Ikuhara's work on the Sailor Moon anime, including the awesome season 1 episode Loved and Chased! Luna's Worst Day Ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
yurikuma is trashy but i still love it. the girls are cute, the bears are cute, and except for a little boy and three sexy men, every single person in the show is a lesbian. and "kuma shock" is great. i seem to recall the manga being better than the show in its case.

if anyone ever wondered what the deal is with Miki's stopwatch in Utena, I heard that in a play production of Utena his character actually explains that he uses it to keep track of how long he spends detesting the student council

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I am making my way through Yurikuma now (just finished episode 8) and...it doesn't seem to be as bad as I was bracing myself for? There is definitely something (actually, a lot of things) it lacks compared to Utena and Penguindrum, but it is very endearing. I don't pretend to understand most of what Ikuhara was getting at in this show yet, but I feel like I am getting the gist of what some of these characters are going through and find myself emotionally engaged in their ordeals.

Kuma Shock! is definitely the best part, though.

Yurikuma Arashi made a lot more sense to me in retrospect after watching/reading some other stories about bullying ("arashi") in Japan. The "silent storm" that the show talks about is, I guess, literally "silent bullying" where you exclude someone from your classroom's social structure.