Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
lmfao that rules so hard

i dont think american soldiers are evil inhuman fascist psychos uniformly like IDF ones but god drat it is funny that people still join up for that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
The osprey is the funniest and stupidest thing to ever be put in the sky, they basically fail constantly and aren't good for anything iirc

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I don't know why you'd make a missile without explosives unless you're doing like a single person target thing, pretty much anything that can fly can carry a payload.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

Sadistic Hamster posted:

I haven't read anything by Marx

Read Marx and Engels and post your questions and comments in the Marxism thread

Else you will forever be condemned to wallow in the failures of social democrat and anarchist nonsense

Flournival Dixon has issued a correction as of 15:40 on Mar 23, 2024

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I think it's genuinely possible that America just can't rebuild a bridge that big at this point, how would you even do it? There's so little industrial capacity left and it costs so much to pay your way through all the grift and poo poo that's in the way.

I'm sure a bunch of people will make themselves rich(er) off of it but I am not confident that the will in government exists to actually replace the bridge.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
I mean you can build concrete dolphins around the bridge to stop ships from hitting it, they do it all the time

I don't think there's a lot of bridges out there that are rated to handle a container ship ramming into them but it's still a pretty preventable thing

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
Yeah I kinda assumed when I heard about this that these ships are probably all running on shoestring maintenance and pretty far from anything that would be able to guarantee safety.

I think the systems of multiple dolphins they put around major bridges can do a lot to stop even a big ship if they build them properly and they put enough of them in but I'm not an engineer. I think the Baltimore bridge only had a couple tiny ones that didn't do much for anything sizeable.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
This gets talked about a lot in the Ukraine thread, but if Russia did the right thing in 2014 and reinstated the elected government rather than just taking crimea and calling it a day the whole conflict could have been easily avoided, but that's not really how modern Russia does stuff, they're a bit more lazy and self serving than that.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
how many shells does the US's biggest 155mm shell producer even make per month, is it as many as russia gets from NK per day yet?

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
i think c4 is a lot more stable than ammonium nitrate and i don't think they store it in giant piles like they did in beirut though

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

between this and RAD:Robot Alchemic Drive I'm wondering why nobody makes games out of bad ideas anymore, they're pretty sick

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
Being inherently sinophobic is kinda a part of the standard western intellectual toolkit at this point. I generally assume until proven otherwise that everyone in the world who speaks english as a first language probably has some hilarious stupid ideas about the perfidious chinese bouncing around their head, especially if it's someone who thinks that they have any kind of political knowledge about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
lmfao 349 planes and half a million soldiers

This poo poo is truly just for enforcing alignment to obviously fake stuff at this point, nobody who gives a poo poo about what's true in material reality could ever buy this poo poo.