Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

OH MY BAD posted:

so you're saying its actually GOOD to have a large amount of functional backstock in a world war situation

I'm hearing that it makes you look poor and is embarrassing when you're fielding last year's army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It kills me that this is the narrative people have latched onto.

Can a T-62 not kill you just as dead?

I imagine this is some sort of commodity fetishism or something? Newer, more expensive, higher technology military equipment is imbued with a sort of virtue?

If somebody drove a tank down my street I would not be thinking "that's not even one of the better tanks." The main interesting thing about it is that it's there, everything else goes after that

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Oldest Man posted:

god i love consent manufacturing

Like you, this guy is confused about current events that he knows about, here's a quick explainer just you're up to speed. That wasn't so bad, was it? Luckily for you, this guy is an expert on this kind of thing, so it's kind of like you're an expert now too. The expert thinks Iran really messed up bad here. You don't want to look dumb in front of the expert, do you?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Officer Sandvich posted:

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/02/1246636334/pentagon-military-healthcare

After downsizing health care for years, Pentagon says medical readiness was a casualty

Houthis about to find out why the troops don’t even have health care

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Gravid Topiary posted:

the blob on the right is a soldier holding a rifle and the blob on the left is the farmer he just canoed, the maple leaf is the brains

It’s clearly a soldier aiming a shoulder-mounted moose, sighting through the back of its head like anybody would. The leaf is decorative and bad design