Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Hahahahah, this is it, isn’t it? His grand art exhibition is going to be uploading some JPEGs to a modern day VRML scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m frankly shocked it’s not NFTs

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Frank Frank posted:

I’m frankly shocked it’s not NFTs

I mean he already tried that grift and failed so clearly he had to be forward thinking and come up with something newer and better

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Almost unbelievable that the cereal box pictures are so tiny you have to keep tapping/clicking the "Forward" button to make them out. Then they're just as expected.

I looked at three of the artworks, then quickly gave up trying to navigate the gallery as if it was a much, much, much shittier version of Doom.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait you’re seeing actual art? I got a 3D maze/gallery that was entirely empty.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I got three cereal boxes too. I looked around for an easter egg but I was disappointed

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This is what I see in Firefox on Android, after the page loads:

The tiny square on the right is an artwork, easy to miss.

Something tells me Nathen wouldn't have bothered to test it in many different browsers/OSs.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

There are now FOUR cereal boxes. Three on one wall, and a little tiny blue one way over to the right. It's the size of a light switch.

E:fb

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I am happy to report that the pieces have titles

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

you're truly missing out frank

edit: evidently the Corn Pop one has been SOLD for the price of $1500 according to its info when you click on it :lol:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

you're truly missing out frank

edit: evidently the Corn Pop one has been SOLD for the price of $1500 according to its info when you click on it :lol:

I don't believe that for a godamn second

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I don't believe that for a godamn second

gotta create artificial scarcity and a sense of exclusivity to get potential buyers hyped on "3 Kiss A$$es"

the descriptions/artists statements are... very Nathen

Tony fooled me! posted:

It was nothing but orange and sunshine throughout my entire childhood until I grew up and the world became a catastrophe Nothing called god in our world it seemed,just lots of cartoons packing full of BHT and high sugar ingredients to watch out for in the face of capitalism.The sides of the box is inundated with darkness painted over the Nutrition Facts Table,since mislabeling is a symbol of corruption.

3 Kiss A$$es posted:

I thought those 3 were my friends as a child. Cute and colorful! I guess they really wanted to feed me the preservative under fire, tert-butylhydroquinone, more commonly known as TBHQ and high-glycemic carbs (type to spike energy quickly).Yet again, I never had real best friends on a global scale. They all abused me in different ways. I just wanted to feel loved like when I was a child in Laval.

Life in the Loops! posted:

Identity crisis, health problems, emotional abuse, and 1,000 hardships come to me in all different colors. Nevertheless,I stay positive, persistent, passionate, patient, and perceptive(5Ps). I am like a canary in the cage full of vitality, but imprisoned in my mind. I just want to fly, but universe says NO...or does it? I'll just EAT Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) & genetically modified ingredients.

POP Out of Control! *SOLD OUT* posted:

I was always out of control as a child who kept dreaming. One dream would pop after the other. I felt unstoppable, invincible, and strong, until life popped up in my face, shook me, and sat me down, tightly and firmly, telling me to relax, this world is a big popping lie. I guess I'll just EAT Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and trans fat and stare at the bright sunset.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 17, 2023

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh my god you can click on them and there's descriptions?? Consider me entergaged

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
"I guess I'll just EAT Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and trans fat and stare at the bright sunset" -My epitaph

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
In the US Kellogg’s makes a variety pack of those four cereals plus two others:

The box art being different bothers me though; I don’t know anything about Canadian stores so I can’t see if they have different art and potentially find the exact pack that Nathen bought

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Frosted Flakes posted:

Tony Fooled Me!
It was nothing but orange and sunshine throughout my entire childhood until I grew up and the world became a catastrophe Nothing called god in our world it seemed,just lots of cartoons packing full of BHT and high sugar ingredients to watch out for in the face of capitalism.The sides of the box is inundated with darkness painted over the Nutrition Facts Table,since mislabeling is a symbol of corruption.

Rice Krispies posted:

3 Kiss A$$es!
I thought those 3 were my friends as a child. Cute and colorful! I guess they really wanted to feed me the preservative under fire, tert-butylhydroquinone, more commonly known as TBHQ and high-glycemic carbs (type to spike energy quickly).Yet again, I never had real best friends on a global scale. They all abused me in different ways. I just wanted to feel loved like when I was a child in Laval.

Froot Loops posted:

Life in the Loops!
Identity crisis, health problems, emotional abuse, and 1,000 hardships come to me in all different colors. Nevertheless,I stay positive, persistent, passionate, patient, and perceptive(5Ps). I am like a canary in the cage full of vitality, but imprisoned in my mind. I just want to fly, but universe says NO...or does it? I'll just EAT Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) & genetically modified ingredients.

Pops posted:

POP Out of Control!
I was always out of control as a child who kept dreaming. One dream would pop after the other. I felt unstoppable, invincible, and strong, until life popped up in my face, shook me, and sat me down, tightly and firmly, telling me to relax, this world is a big popping lie. I guess I'll just EAT Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and trans fat and stare at the bright sunset.

lmao who bought the pops one, show yourself

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
ITT we are extremely and unreasonably angry at snap, crackle and pop

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Eight-Six posted:

No one bought it, Nathen is a lovely, petty liar. Also it is immensely funny to me that his clean label website is dead already. Wonder if his partners know / how they feel about that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nathen's painting descriptions remind me of the weird ranty manifestos about chemicals that some dumbshit would staple up outside my college's dining hall, as if the average student would read that while staggering in for their morning bowl of Applejacks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I feel like Nathen could have picked worse cereals to complain about than rice krispies. Why do puffed rice when you have poo poo like lucky charms and cinnamon toast crunch lying around?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

I feel like Nathen could have picked worse cereals to complain about than rice krispies. Why do puffed rice when you have poo poo like lucky charms and cinnamon toast crunch lying around?

are rice krispies suddenly farm2plate

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

MrQwerty posted:

are rice krispies suddenly farm2plate

Only if the mascot is in blackface

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

As I pointed out, all the cereals that are part of his "art" are sold as part of a Kellogg's variety pack. It would be immensely, immensely on brand for him just to buy a multipack. Even better - he might just have taken these four boxes from a hotel he stayed in.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Eight-Six posted:

Maybe Nathen's dad bought it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Frank Frank posted:

Look whatever came in the multipack he bought is what came in the multipack he bought.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Certainly Nathen bought his own art, right? Probably thinking that, if others see that someone thinks the art is worth buying, they might as well buy in, too. It's not like he's losing anything by paying himself, aside from maybe a small fee for the site host.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BigBadSteve posted:

That would show a level of care and interest that hasn't been displayed so far

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Detective Thompson posted:

Certainly Nathen bought his own art, right? Probably thinking that, if others see that someone thinks the art is worth buying, they might as well buy in, too. It's not like he's losing anything by paying himself, aside from maybe a small fee for the site host.

Yes of course? No one knows about Nathen's art.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Oh geez

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

10"x8" my rear end, sorry, my A$$. What are those 2" Froot Loops? He glued the tiny boxes to a bigger piece of cardboard so he could make them seem bigger, didn't he?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Knormal posted:

10"x8" my rear end, sorry, my A$$. What are those 2" Froot Loops? He glued the tiny boxes to a bigger piece of cardboard so he could make them seem bigger, didn't he?

Ohhh that makes sense

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
snap, crackle, pop, preservatives under fire

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Oh my god, it’s all been building to this.

Don’t you see, the cereal boxes aren’t the art, Nathen Mazri is. His whole life is performance art of the very highest calibre, it’s all commentary on the vapidity of corporate culture and marketing, and the corrupting power of money. A caricature of marketing made manifest, even Nathen’s “original” contribution is simply a bad portmanteau, like Blogebrity or Listicle, he is undeniably entergaging.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

On his crowdfund investment campaigns virtually every public investment came from his family members so I'd be surprised if this wasn't the same

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
His next venture might even be singing the theme tune to Mighty Mouse

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Do you think his dad will hang that $600 macaroni froot loop art on the fridge?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Do you think his dad will hang that $600 macaroni froot loop art on the fridge?

i think we probably know how his dad feels about froot loops

honestly i wonder if he's even mentioned by his father outside of the family

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Detective Thompson posted:

Less outrageous hucksters then nathen have done that to give the impression of interest; imo it’s a given here.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yeah if it was a real buyer he would have bragged about them by name on his social media like that woman who bought the suit & pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Did everyone miss the amazing video of him "delivering" the sold art to the buyer? It must have been an Instagram story that one day someone linked to it. Probably walking up to his own door and knocking