Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Killingyouguy! posted:

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1221320839200681984?s=19

Nathen lives in a bizarro universe where finances work backwards.

Welcome, London

When we first moved here I noticed a Pizza Hut with a banner that read “voted best pizza in London three years running” so honestly it might do ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Can’t believe I’ve never seen that heinous pizza video before. Anyway new garfeats replaces a little caesar hot n ready pick up spot so I figure food quality can’t possibly be worse (this isn’t me expecting good things from Garfield so much as me thinking little caesars is trash). Also across the street from a Starbucks though so I can’t imagine who is going to get coffee there except for me once as a joke.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Little Caesars' hot-n-ready pizzas are definitely a matter of taste and not worth arguing about one way or another, but their deep dish pizzas are good as hell.

Although now that you mention it, it just struck me what a terrible pairing pizza and coffee seems to be. Why would anyone do that.

Sure they’re popular for a reason (mostly cost), I’d just rather skip dinner than ever eat it.

In re pizza and coffee: the undertext on the sign reads “Lasagna - Pizza - Coffee”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

goodog posted:

Sao Paulo city has some amazing pizza because a ton of Italians live there, but the rest of Brazil is a land of nightmares.

That all looks awesome. Way better than that mayo monstrosity.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I don’t see how the London expansion is good, just less bad than trying to do it with Toronto rents. Anyway have we discussed yet how the “Jim Davis Pizza” is pepperoni, onion, and pineapple: a “farm-to-plate” pizza with “locally-sourced” pineapples (we went to sobey’s) that the restaurant suggests will help with digestion.

Also the only coffee on the online menu, period:

• big americano: high source of dietary fibre
  • dark chocolate garficcino: rich in iron and magnesium
  • orange bee (orange/honey) garficcino: very good source of dietary fiber; rich in vitamin c zest
  • peppermint garficcino: high in calming effect on the body; soothes irritable digestion
  • pumpkin garficcino: high in plant carotenoids converted to vitamin a; high in antioxidants

Also please note that the last is “crowned with genuine pumpkin peel.”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i could almost see this as an AI noting that some coffee drinks are served with a twist of lemon or orange peel, pumpkins are also orange, ergo. . . but like, do they keep pumpkins on hand just for the peel?

I’m trying to decide whether they mean like a shaving of (pumpkin) flesh or literally the rind

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

drowningidiot posted:

Can I get a CBD infused garfacino?

The new location is a block away from two dispensaries...

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

GolfHole posted:

so is the old one

GolfHole posted:

god bless canada

:canada:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

And you're all saying Nathen doesn't know what he's doing.

Haha, honestly I just noticed the 2nd was going in the other day; I'm sure the one store must be pissed off because it's far back from the road and this one, while smaller, is much more noticeable. Competition!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Elderbean posted:

Has Jim Davis followed up on this? Has he had a garfuccino?

He offers it to “you java heads,” suggesting no:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Pmh5vrzwM

Also apparently I missed that the app has an AR feature??

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

having a cereal of which part is salted pretzels is probably pretty good and easily would be the least disgusting thing on the menu

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I just noticed that mazri consistently refers to himself as the world’s youngest Garfield licensee. Like, there’s a reason for that bro

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Jim Davis or Paws Inc or whatever the hell is just okay with him being unhinged with their brand?

Because never ever in my life have I been more enticed to consume Garfield Food Items and Garfield related products

Jim Davis is Garfield and money is his lasagna

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Imagine when Jim Davis is dead and someone like the artist for Nancy takes over.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

reminder that jon's hog isn't called meat loaf for its shape but for the uncanny texture and oniony aroma

I’ve been on here long enough that not many things manage to disgust me but congratulations

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

gotta say i was mildly disappointed last night to walk past the london location and see a new (probably terrible but i haven't been there yet) pizza place in the spot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Do they have Garfield-shaped pizzas? If not, why bother.

exactly

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

The real world is just too cruel and capricious for me :(

okay nathan

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

the garfield eats didn't close, it just rebranded. he's actually still the owner of this place, which i didn't realize. i wonder if they're still using that hideous looking orange sauce

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mordja posted:

That's not the Toronto location, that's the London one.

correct

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He's diversified to England already?

second best london, friend (still in ontario)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Not sure if this has been reported yet but the Garfield Eats app is no longer available in the app store :smith:

end of an era

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I genuinely wanted to find out. Someone here has to live in Ontario right?

I think the real question here is why Goldbelly doesn’t stock Garfsagnas?

i just refuse to pay money for lasagna since it's so easy to make. i admit i'm curious, though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AdmiralViscen posted:

I’m not sure I ever considered what an actual slice would look like from this dumbass shape

there's a reason they cut the slice from the most normal looking curve on the pie

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's easy, but it takes a lot of time and effort if you want to do it right.

I mean, okay, "a lot" is relative, but still.

so i admit i buy semi-dried noodles but other than that it takes about ten to twenty minutes (i always have some tomato sauce i've canned if i'm going that direction) of active time.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I think it's like how Stella Artois gets marketed as a premium beer in the US despite it being bargain basement quality beer, because it's European.

conversely it’s also weird here seeing budweiser et al listed as more expensive imports

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a reminder that in the us fosters (bleh) has a famous ad campaign that ends with slogan: “Fosters! Australian for beeyah!”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol like more than the man himself had anything to do with writing that

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i think it’s mostly marketing opportunities with the occasional increased tax burden

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

A lot of times the beer itself is brewed on the continent it's being sold in. If you live in the US look at where your Sapporo is brewed, for instance (Canada).

yeah i know. but that only covers tax, which i agree is only occasionally the issue. it’s mostly marketing.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I'm with you. Like Garfield and Big Cow Lasagna

lol the big cow thing still kills me. so many loving weird branding ideas

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

august 6th huh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

man i dunno, it follows an awful lot of like canada startup and innovation accounts + random celebrities which seems weird for a parody account. i think it might actually be him.

interestingly the scoobyeats domains uses WB nameservers

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fritz? nah man, heathcliffe is ripe to break into the restaurant scene

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

Gilligan's Island Eats

such possibility too, the racism is still on brand for today and who doesn’t love coconut based drinks

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

i think it's decrim but not, like, "buy it at krogers" legal

shitposts aside no it’s legal like booze is for the most part i

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah it was clearly lies

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pakistani politics posted:

Nathen's own famous coney island hot dog!

I like to think Nathen is maybe a vegetarian, and used "big cow" in the same way someone would use the word "fresh chicken". Like being a non meat eater his dumb brain thought using "cow" as part of the food was good and normal.

i'm not a big office fan but i think about nathen in the same way as the manager taking credit for quotes by appending his name on the end of them

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Shamefully, I was too busy with real life for over 24 hrs to pay due attention to the eccentric restauranter threads deservedly popular in GBS. Reading the linked article now & yes it is a good read.

I look forward to similar eccentric shenanigans with ScoobyEATS packaging, and many more crazy tweets etc.

And Nathen will open ScoobyEATS. He has the drive, indeed the obsessiveness, and maybe the most important thing... lots of MONEY! (Thanks Nathen's dad!)

The people wanting to close this thread are I suspect the same CyberMonsters who keep trying to get the Doobie thread closed. All we really need is a new thread title.... say:
GarfieldEATS - Love Me Eat Me Nathen Left Me - Now ScoobyDoobyEATS can roooby doooo!

scooby at least is still popular. it will be hilarious if he managed to succeed despite his own best efforts to fail.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Transformers GastroPub featuring Optimus Prime Rib and MegaTroni and Cheese

voltron. you can order the voltron special which is five different plates of appetizers that fit together

Nirvikalpa posted:

This makes me wonder if he even cares about food. There's other ways to entergage with Garfield than big cow lasagna. Why doesn't he just sell merch?

aside from the ability to sell the comics i'm sure he has no way of getting those rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mordja posted:

Is there any evidence that Nathen even has the Scooby license tho?

assuming he's actually involved with whoever owns scooby eats, yeah, the domain uses warner brothers controlled nameservers