Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Ok friends I read the first 50 pages and got to the predictable Covid related right wing swerve and all that, anything good happen after that or is it 2 years of rehashing a la the doobie threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

dokmo posted:

decide for yourself

Yeah ok I’m convinced lmao

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Finally caught up. That sure was something :catstare:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

dokmo posted:

Foodfight is an unmitigated visual nightmare, I don't recommend it even for funsies. It is best enjoyed by listening to shell shocked bad movie podcasters talk about it.

I listened to the Ruff Cuts guys cover it and that was plenty for me

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

So about that knighted by a prince thing

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/...montenegro.html

quote:

A 57-year-old Italian conman was recently arrested and charged with fraud and document forgery, after its was revealed that he had been posing as a member of the Montenegro Royal Family for years. His con was so elaborate that he had even managed to fool many real royals and celebrities.

The man, whose real identity has not yet been revealed, called himself “His Imperial and Royal Highness Stefan Cernetic, Hereditary Prince of Montenegro, Serbia and Albania”…

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

EEKA GEEK posted:

I think he sees empty stores in Dubai like The Disney Store and The Funko Pop Store that by their nature only sell licensed products and thinks they are empty because prospective customers (the fact that), spend their Disney/Funko budget at Walmart

Adding to that I think he clearly considers licensed merch a monolith. I.e., thinks people go to malls specifically thinking ‘I want to Shop For Branded Merchandise’ and wander around til they buy something, anything—as opposed to going to specific brand stores or going to look at a license heavy product like funko with specific preferences. (Ed for clarity— yeah of course people go to a mall to aimlessly shop, but I’m comfortable asserting that nobody is out there shopping for Branded Merch and doesn’t care if it’s Calvin, Far Side, Loony Toons, Disney, or Peanuts on it)

That’s absurd of course but nothing else explains why he thinks someone after authentic Brand stuff would go anywhere but that brand’s in house shop.

This is extra absurd because he’s a garf fetishist so he ought to understand people have preferences.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 26, 2023

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Agent Escalus posted:

Using a photo of old fast food toys he got from a junk shop as marketing content, how…on-brand.

50/50 stolen stock photo vs him actually having a big pile of happy meal toys

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Feline Mind Meld posted:

he simps for Dubai a lot for a guy who de facto got kicked out

The rich pick class over people every time

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

CodfishCartographer posted:

Nathen learns to make ai voices for the three characters, and let's chat gpt write each episode, suddenly we get dozens of episodes per day as he goes mad with power

Doing the voice work in the various TikTok text to speech voices would be amazing

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Y’all notice the suit copy reads as if he had it made for him but the size is ‘medium’

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Ror posted:

700 bucks is a pretty good price for a bespoke 3-piece suit. You know, if you are the same size as Nathen Mazri and want to look like Garfield.

I don’t think it’s bespoke though. ‘Size medium’ most likely means he either bought it off the rack, or picked a fabric and the shop cranked out a standard pattern with it.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Frank Frank posted:

WTF is that last line?

He probably got patents at one of those tech jobs and either they’re for nothing special or he can’t talk about them.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yes, he'll probably start a permanent makeup tattoo studio for pets or something.

There’s easier ways to keep his weird stubble even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Detective Thompson posted:

Certainly Nathen bought his own art, right? Probably thinking that, if others see that someone thinks the art is worth buying, they might as well buy in, too. It's not like he's losing anything by paying himself, aside from maybe a small fee for the site host.

Less outrageous hucksters then nathen have done that to give the impression of interest; imo it’s a given here.