Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I only found this thread recently after poking around GBS after The Event and I think this post from page 1 sums it up:

Icochet posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Wait, Scooby Eats is a thing too!? :psyduck:

*finds website, watches video*

His beard makes me uncomfortable

I have so many things to discover in this thread…

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

tractor man posted:

*was* a thing, wasnt scooby just a rebound that he dumped when he got garfield back?

Website is still up and it’s listed as one of the brands of Entergage.

He lost Garfield at some point?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Does anybody in the thread speak Arabic? I wonder if you could tell if he’s thinking the sentence in Arabic and writing it in English.

Also, the fact that IIRC he bailed college after one year after making a giant stink about going kinda implies he wasn’t very studious in school, so he probably didn’t actively spend a lot of effort trying to perfect his English…

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Nathen missed out again https://godzillafoods.com/

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Can somebody fill me in on the ham blimp; is that in the thread somewhere?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Zombie Squared posted:

How is the garfield eats theme song not embedded in every page of this thread. Mods?? https://youtu.be/AG5XP7gWikc

I didn’t realize that song was more than the chorus jingle. Horrifying.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

#youthisanasset

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I can’t tell what’s satire anymore

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mimesweeper posted:

i think he said he went to business school and studied marketing, so thats another good way to end up awful

Well, “studied.” From what I remember from the Arabiolosis Let’s Read at the start of the thread, he fought with his family about being allowed to go to some Western university (not sure if it was in Canada?) since his family was in KSA at the time. Once he was allowed to go he almost immediately flunked out/stopped going to focus on Entergagement.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Since nobody else was willing to do the legwork, I checked U.S. Acres on Wikipedia and there was not a “Big Cow” character. The closest was “The Bull”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXuzZq0KJ9k

Wikipedia also claims there was a “Chuck the Cow” character that never actually made an appearance in the comic, but did show up in some obscure merchandising.

I don’t think Big Cow Lasagna had anything to do with U.S. Acres.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

Nathen has no idea how NFTs work, right?

Depends on what you mean. At a technical level no, he doesn’t have a clue. However, he seems to have figured out they are mainly a way to fleece people out of money for nothing, so I think he’s got the important part.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

If I lived in Toronto I would totally go. Wait, what happened to the “pop star” he promised in the last message?

Aren’t the “tickets” like $1000

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3NLa4ebX4E

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

Why must he be like that?
Why does Nathen chase the cat?

Do not, my friends, become entergaged to the cat
It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

You hear a rustling under the covers in the middle of the night. You slowly peek underneath and that is staring back at you.

Stop stop I want to sleep at some point :cry:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That recent article claimed he’s 34. Aren’t there enough hints in Arabiolosis to confirm how old he is? I can’t imagine Nathen being competent enough to deliberately construct a different timeline and keep it consistent throughout the entire book.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Gottfried was on Angry Video Game Nerd, I don’t know why you people think he would be too “busy” to earn a paycheck hawking some frozen lasagnas

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

sharknado slashfic posted:

If he's going to Saudi on vacation for a while I wonder if we'll get to see another guest appearance by Random White Woman Best Friend

I was able to figure out she was some kind of fashion influencer in Dubai. I don’t think they were friends.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He’s alive he’s just vibin.

Nathen licensing Sonic would be… powerful. Possibly too powerful.
:doit:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I dunno, I’m hoping for an admittedly unlikely positive outcome. Maybe he’ll meet that special someone and suddenly start becoming a better person and this thread can quietly fade away. However, it does feel like he’s most likely headed for… something dramatic

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

I want to visit the alternate dimension where that Garfield theme park opened

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I can barely tolerate listening to Nathen for a minute. Usually his videos are so utterly cringeworthy I start to feel unwell

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Who is taking these pictures :psyduck:

As I was seeing these I realized he probably calls up a professional photographer for photos whenever he’s bored. It’s just a normal thing to him. Oh, I’ve got the afternoon with nothing to do, I’m bored, let me get some snaps done. Same as watching a movie to a normal human being.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Ah yes, another wonderfully useful addition to Dubai, a city where the world’s tallest building isn’t connected to a sewer system and needs a convoy of septic trucks to empty it every single day.

Truly this is Nathen’s spiritual city. Is he in Dubai right now or one of the other charming locations in UAE?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I feel like Nathen feels like he can get away with it because what's Viacom gonna do in Dubai? I'm assuming their copyright laws are pretty lax

I think this already long gone, he seems to be recalling his greatest hits lately

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

vudan posted:

Didn't he have a cat? What happened to the cat. I hope it's ok and he didn't eat and or gently caress it.

He got drunk and punched it once; that’s the last time I heard anything about it

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t remember it coming up before, but https://www.nathenmazri.com is pretty great.

You can book him for your event straight from the website, with a handy drop-down listing what you want him to talk about! Although I don’t know who wouldn’t choose “All of the above” :allears:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kevin DuBrow posted:

So is this a paid photographer/personal assistant or does Nathen actually have a friend

Given that he’s posted these incredibly stilted “candid” photos for a while and they never show another person, I’m going to guess he pays someone. Or it’s just a tripod

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Man we were in a lull there for a while, now he drops this thermonuclear bombshell on us.
#staybrowsed

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Sentinel posted:

Oh my god my first thought was "well whose going to be his best man/whoever" and Meeeechelle was the only person that came to mind.

There was that one Lebanese(?) influencer girl in some of his shots a while back that he claimed was a dear friend (I think she knows his name and not much else); maybe he could persuade pay her

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
“Pilot episode”???? Oh Nathen you sneak

Edit: what are the chances Nathen doesn’t understand what that term means and thinks it’s just a term for a one-off event

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So wait

He says he's 29 right? So that means he talked to her when he was 2

But his real age is... 34? So he talked to her when he was 7?

Hot diggity drat I think we caught ol' Nathen in a lie!

I cannot figure out where you’re getting these numbers from. Olivia Newton-John was 73 when she died. Nathen is claiming he was 27 when he talked to her pretended to talk to her about the opening of GarfieldEATS Dubai in 2018, making him 31 now. Allegedly.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Matlack Radio posted:

- Just A Regular Ol' Reporter Type Person

Wait, is that the crap he was eating earlier? Or his armpits were eating, whatever it was?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Big City Drinkin posted:

Lol he’s not the “ex” GarfieldEATS founder. His wording is so strange.

I have to admit that despite being entergaged since day one, I have never watched a video with Nathen in it. The anticipatory cringe is so great that I literally cannot make myself do it. But I’ve always wondered, does he sound like a native English speaker when he talks or is his English accented?

I never make it past a minute in his videos, but I don’t remember him having a super pronounced accent. It’s… slightly off, just like his writing.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

This picture has really changed my mind about all those awkward indoor glamour shots he takes - pretty sure he’s doing them solo without hiring a photographer.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

He absolutely owns a selfie stick.

Oh for sure, but there’s ones where it was ambiguous who took it, like the picture above. I’m now 100% convinced he just sets up a tripod and there are no friends or paid photographers involved.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Futanari Damacy posted:

Has he mentioned the Nermal/Abu Dhabi connection even once?

I don’t believe so. My bet is he has no clue; I sincerely doubt he actually knows much about Garfield

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Has he given ANY indication that he knows anything but the most superficial Garfield “lore?” I bet he doesn’t know who Lyman is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Futanari Damacy posted:

"Lyman? Oh yes, Lyman. Lyman must be destroyed by MAALIK-UL-MULK!

Pretty sure Lyman was destroyed by Maalik ul-Mulk