Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Why is this only in Toronto. Who are these Garfield lobbyists that live there, preventing the rest of us from getting these garfield shaped pizzas

It's also in Dubai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Behold, my name is Garfield Eats, king of entergagement
Look upon my brand, ye mighty, and despair

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Who's in the suit?

Also him. Don't think too hard about it: that's entergagement, baby.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Ah yes, mantitude, the attitude of being a mantis.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

“Johnny Cash’s Songs of Blue” seems like a good user name for an engrish gimmick-poster or something.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I ended up throwing out the last piece because it had reached peak soggy.

How big is it? Is it meant to be a personal-size pizza for one?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Thots and Prayers posted:

{Arabiolysis} Chapter 5 - Understanding the Others

Nathen takes a few more pot shots at the Middle East and here ends another chapter.

Just want to highlight that he’s making GBS threads on Arabs for buying international brands instead of coming up with their own in this, the book he wrote before licensing a major international brand instead of coming up with his own.

Also nth-ing the gratitude to KYD for the live encounter!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

angerbeet posted:

My mom used to tell me a story that Muhammad was so patient he let a pregnant cat deliver a litter of kittens in his lap and that's why cats have an M on their forehead. We're not Muslim, we're white as gently caress Canadians so I don't know where that came from but whatever.

To be honest, Muhammad wouldn’t have used M since he spoke Arabic, and “we’re going to pay homage to your kindness but fuckin lol if you think we’re putting it in any alphabet you can understand” is a pretty cat move.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The biggest sign it's going to fail (or is just a front for money laundering) is that it's a new lovely theme restaurant in Toronto and there hasn't ever been a giant line to get in. This dumbass city will line up for hours for literally anything new and food related, especially if it's overpriced and even vaguely Instagrammable.

A mediocre Japanese cheesecake place had hour long lines for something like a year and a half, and this place can't even get it on opening day? That's a bad sign.

No, no, no, that's just a sign of how incredibly efficient this new mobile ordering process is! Why, you barely have time to be entergaged before you're already leaving with your Garfaccino!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

FuhrerHat posted:

so from my place i can see that this place constantly has roof parties that i assume are just the owner and his friends

except they like to hire live music a lot
and for whatever reason they can't ever seem to finish a song

they'll start it, play for 45 seconds, then stop

i dont know what the gently caress is going on but it seems pretty fitting

Listen man it is not easy to play music on a Garfield shaped guitar.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

You should have the owner PLAN your wedding.

Gonna end up putting that orange suit on every groomsman.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Jon Arbuckle marinara sauce

Is it just me or is that truck photoshopped? I bet they don't even have a truck.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

No. 6 posted:

I don't know about you all, but I paid my $10 to post on forums dedicated to discussing the house of Saud.

Excellent, please join my thread about the fanfic I’m writing in which Garfield goes to live with a Saudi prince.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I was really kinda sad to discover that they took a lot of the madness off their site. The hot recycling tips are gone. It no longer even says “entergagement”!

HOW WILL I BE ENTERGAGED NOW??? :negative:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

We also would have accepted "Garfupons"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

GolfHole posted:

2 more months until the lease goes up for renewal
as soon as i see them start to throw out the furniture ill try to recreate garfieldeats in my bedroom

If you make me a garfield shaped pizza I will come to your house.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

love me, feed me, entergage me

confuse me, enrage me, entergage me

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

ANUSTART posted:

Who asked for this, show me

All I have ever wanted is to eat garfield's tail, and I am definitely a real person, who exists.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Take, eat. This is my tail which is given to you. This do in remembrance of me.

Garf has died
Garf is risen
Garf will dine again

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Nathen posted:

They still think they can become a global sensation with a drive-thru, god food, and quality service. That is not enough, sorry to break it to you!

Well poo poo, there goes my plan to be the chipotle of ambrosia.

Nathen posted:

Netflix is producing original content such as House of Card and Orange is the New Black to retain user retention.

We have to retain more retention.

Nathen posted:

It is time to foster deep relationships with consusers (users first that are potential consumers second) in the digital ecosystem and not transactions.
Yes! We must entergage the consusers.
is this more pronounceable if you grew up with arabic? "consusers" just sounds horrible to me.

Nathen posted:

Total Entergagement = (Reactions + Views + Clicks) / Time x Average Retail Price
I am excited to be able to finally, numerically calculate how entergaged I am!
0, based on the average retail price of my purchases from GarfieldEats

......and then this poo poo just ends without him even reaching a conclusion. He closes by pointing out that Uber (known for its entergagement, obviously) was founded by someone at 35 and therefore he is also young and GarfieldEats is the new Uber I guess.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

SatansOnion posted:

I can’t tell whether “consuser” is a misspelling of “consumer” or if he’s trying to coin an entirely new word, and either way I could use a hug, a chair, and an iced tea about now :psyduck:

It is a portmanteu of "consumer" and "[app] user"

e:fb

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

GolfHole posted:

theres a 0% chance they actually have a deep fryer so my guess is its baked
theres only one person working there because they get no business

nathen, still available for consultation. $120k for 10 hours of consultation + 10 hours of strategy.

Hmmm. But do you consult on increasing the entergagement levels of consusers??? Or just some dumb bullshit like selling products people want at reasonable prices?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Elderbean posted:

Hacked for 7 months.

What horrors have the dastardly hackers perpetrated in these long months with the considerable power of the GarfieldEATS social media account?!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'm, physically and mentally, unwell

I too suffer terribly at the thought that I will never get a chance to eat the stone fire @garfield Gharitta #pizza, friend. We are in this #together.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

quote:

Until Google critically thinks about the 15 countries per GDP, who have 180 million companies and 10 million more form other nations;

:psyduck:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Pewdiepie posted:

Nathen Mazri is without a doubt more successful and likeable than his detractors.

As a risk-taking detractor, I can only assume you are saying this purely to spite me, thus totally invalidating it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Just want to say, if you watched this without sound, go back and experience how bad the music is.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Buschmaki posted:

i cant stop thinking about "Big Agna"

Is that pronounced to rhyme with Lasagna? Like “Big anya”?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

mediaphage posted:

Also apparently I missed that the app has an AR feature??

Had

It was fruit ninja, but shittier and with a background of whatever you camera is pointed at.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Killingyouguy! posted:

bad news i'm bracing to be the only human who's gone to garfieldeats twice

Mneow?

Is... is that what they use for a cat sound in Arabic? It's like the bastard child of Meow and Nyan.

Edit: vvvv: mailing him to Abu Dhabi feels really different from the perspective of someone living in Dubai.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 10, 2020

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Fanvest in entergagement for the consusers!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Dont Touch ME posted:

Please don't gently caress with mentally ill people

I regret to inform you that in 2020 America, belief in the QAnon conspiracy theories is actually an accepted and popular part of the political spectrum.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

"Our employees will still have medical tools especially thermometer and other supplies in the restaurant."

why

Especially given that he's talking about after things reopen, but even more especially because who the gently caress would trust anything medical from "the world's youngest Garfield licensee"?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Geez. That poor man's brain. It was already pretty thoroughly addled, I'm not sure it can handle direct contact with non-adulation.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

lmao at the difference between the first two photos on that page. Not even slightly the same costume. First pic is an actual garfield costume, second pic is a pile of poo poo that is definitely still better than what you're actually getting in the mail (if anything).

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

What the hell does this mean?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I do appreciate the constant reference to giving up, implying that GarfieldEats is in the kind of state where most people would just shut it down and FOOLISHLY give up being the WORLD'S YOUNGEST GARFIELD LICENSEE.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Mods change our title to MULTI-TOON ENTERGAGEMENT MEGATHREAD, we can no longer be constrained to just GarfieldEats.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Between the way he talks (that lasagna announcement is disgusting, like he's trying to make it sexy) and the phrase "we are all walking brands" I don't think I've ever hated a human being more.

Edit: also, I love that his response to GarfieldEats crashing and burning is to think "well I must have the wrong ancient brand that people only like ironically now, I'll just do the same thing but Scooby Doo."

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Honestly, the funniest possible outcome is that the order is real. I don't have high hopes, but there's probably at least one rich weird and terminally-online Garfield fan in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Big City Drinkin posted:

I didn't see this posted in the thread but here's a tour-de-force interview with Nathen from a couple months ago, where he touches on how phones make his arm tired and how he received death threats for not having opened a Bugs Bunny restaurant:

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/gar...bugs_bunny_fans

Don't close the thread until more people read this. It's impressively incoherent. Nathen is like a human Markov chain trained on business school textbooks.

e:

quote:

You eat and you don't bloat. People say, 'Oh my god, I can use so much of it and I won't bloat, because it's so healthy and fresh.' I don't have artificial colours.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 5, 2020