Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Icochet posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Seriously. I dont understand what this is and no way in hell I'm DLing it. can someone summarize the best they can with this lunacy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Honestly it's just more public facing than most Dubai sex things.

The only confusing bit is the copyright PAWS. Its the same as the one on the actual PAWS (animal adoption) one. I didn't think you could do that?

Not an expert on Garfield law but I think you can have two companies/organizations with the same name as long as they are in completely different fields

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

it feels like i have schizophrenia when i read anything about this. like i'm being gaslit by an app developer.

Yeah same, that storefront pic is not helping either

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

The implication of that quote is that Jim Davis has received less well-rounded concepts from the restaurant industry sector.

It really seems a crime those haven't been published or written up somewhere.

They were probably just "boring" normal family-themed restaurants with tapered expectations

or

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

he means checks that end in fewer zeroes.

This is probably the craziest of the bunch and clearly some "creative" business planning with a truckload of Saudi money backing it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I know one things for sure, that thing would give me the shits like you wouldn't believe. I can just tell from the photos

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Looks like some bullshit your alternative health food aunt would serve when you stop by for a visit. Says theres pizza and then it’s some raw food combo of squash purée on taro root dough with soy “cheese” and beet pepperoni

You think that looks like healthy food?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Thots and Prayers posted:

{Arabiolosis} -- Chapter 2: Culture Clash

It's a bold writing more to use 'and' and '&' in one sentence but I admire him going for it anyways

Right, so the un-related memoir starts up again and it's just weirdly written. I think this is a byproduct of being mostly dictated?

There's some petty family bullshit and just so much hyperbole that I honestly think this might sound better when you're talking at a computer and then never reading it again:

Nathen cut and pastes a wikipedia entry on Mutaween and we know this because he starts it off

And on and on and it's clearly just a straight paste of this wiki page - these sentences are way too short and information filled. Anyways these Mutaween are not really chill dudes as you can imagine and both Wikipedia and Nathen judge them very harshly.

It's all inappropriately paced as he introduces tangents that feel strange being next to descriptions of how lovely it is to be perceived as gay:

:The More You Know Star.gif:

Nathen apparently found it difficult to cut and paste from some sources:

A couple of pages of Nathen expounding on the question "What is a man, really?" follow. This finishes with a bunch of hypotheticals, including some more revealing than others:

When he complains about Saudi Arabia being boring, I think that's code for 'I watch a lot of daytime TV':

Nathen buddy, piece of free advice - if you keep saying this it starts to get weird:

He complains and complains for the rest of the chapter

He also recounts fights he had with his father and hoo boy that is some boring poo poo and yay the chapter is over.

Up next: Chapter 3: Teenage Nathen is a handful
Orange you glad we're getting these summaries? thanks !

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Update: Found the flavor of the garfaccino. It was entirely contained in a mass of raw orange peels hiding in the bottom of the cup that just dumps into your mouth all at once when you try and finish the coffee. Gross.

:gonk:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Xaintrailles posted:

Chapter 7: Nathen gives birth to a fine, healthy litter of puppies.

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it feels weird.. the garfield man talking to me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

please, he just wants to talk to someone...anyone.

Are You Entergaged Yet?

you know... I think I am.

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 3, 2019

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah no I'm not going to lick Garfield themed takeout off the floor

i'll be damned if that wouldn't be funny to tweet a video of someone doing this to nathen

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Garfield Dark Chocolate

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

this thread never fails to entergage

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, wow, I wonder who wrote all of that? Bet it was #NathenMazri

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm just going nimbly jump out on this limb here and whisper "yes"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/garfieldfan2005/status/1001591601670520832

My friend is flying from Toronto tomorrow and I'm trying to convince him to visit GarfieldEats before he flies so I can fulfill my dream of being the first man to consume one of these "pizzas" in Florida. He has outright refused to go in before when I asked.

JEsus, does this person owe you a life debt? i wouldn't put my friends through that

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lol wow.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is he lashing out because covid-19 is presumably hurting his business even more than it was already hurting?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Let he who hasn’t opened a restaurant based on their favorite newspaper comic cast the first stone.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

whydirt posted:

I just want a video showing how to turn a Garficcino cup into an N95 mask

Lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

I kinda stopped posting screenshots of his crazy instagram stories cus tbh it's all the same poo poo, but this one particularly stood out as hilarious / worrying, but for completely different reasons.

I am humbled to hear that

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Christ, that smile mask. Seems like something from a movie. A "sane" garfield mask would just be orange with maybe stripes on it or something

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Someone needs to tell Nathen that his semi-regular casings of the nearby women's shelter do not constitute as valid operations against the ANTIGARF operatives that want to close down his restaurants.

lol

wait is he doing that for real?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVI-xVWZf3k

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

someone yelled at him that he has to step poo poo up so he's going to do some kind of half assed stunt and i hope he wears the terrifying garfield teeth mask when he does whatever that is

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Oh and you'll be happy to know that order payments that you might make to the garfieldeats website go straight to nathen.mazri@garfieldeats.com. Sign of a quality business right there.

Lol very classy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This is Garfucked! We stand behind you Nathan!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdVadyEAJxI
i had no idea either. must be from one of the films, i think that's what I'm seeing in that video.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i like the part when nathen is green screened into his own restaurant lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

this thread is great and i really like the phrase "are you not entergaged?" it makes me giggle hehe

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tato posted:

It's coming. Will YOU be the lucky one to win 12 lasagnas?

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1358940921447018504

those poor people in the video

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lt. Cock posted:

Lotta Nathen in my feeds today.

"by bringing Garfield back as food"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Also, I literally can't watch that video. It's too painfully awkward. Like it hurts me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I finally finished the drat thing after drinking a couple beers. I did laugh at that hole comment. But wow. He also does say “holy gently caress!” A couple of times in the video, right? I wasn’t hallucinating?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Peanut Butter posted:

She needs to leak it

It looked like a prop to me. I noticed right away that Nathan was careful to not open it facing the camera. I bet it's just blank pages in there, or maybe he scrawled ENTERGAGE in orange sharpie on each page during a manic episode.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

so against my better judgement, I watched the intro to that "documentary" video again and it showed a person working at Garfield Eats named "Noel" in the opening credits, but god help me I don't want to watch the whole thing twice, but i don't remember that person being in the video at all. maybe Noel didnt sign the release?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bloopsy posted:

The end of the video shows Noel appearing in the next "episode".

Ah, thank you

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Haulin Oates posted:

That, or that Bill Gates has about 20 years left on his life expectancy, he's 65 years old

It’s this. It’s an extension to his “youth is an asset not a liability” thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PoPcornTG posted:

gently caress me, suck me don't cuck me.

Nathen Mazri's Feed and Leave