Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Giant_Pupils posted:

I wonder whether Garfield and/or Odie are neutered. These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Garfield was neutered on a Monday - that’s the real reason why he hates them.

Odie is intact. Odie fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Tato posted:

Looks like they're already losing faith in the Garfield orange sauce. Jon's 'special' marinara is the new hotness.

Why...why is Jon Arbuckle looking at me like he wants to gently caress me?

I do not consent, Jon.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Cross-post from Cursed Images inbound:

Do I see new furniture in the restaurant‘s future?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Killingyouguy! posted:

GarfieldEATS should never have happened, God didn't plan this

NO GODS OR KINGS, ONLY GARF.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Can we pay him to record him reading this thread aloud?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

GarfieldEATS posted:

Jennifer will soon taste the WORLD'S 1st Garfield shaped pizza & lasagna with Garfield's secret sauce.

I’m impressed by how much this sounds like a threat.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pastry of the Year posted:

Heathcliff's well-documented passion for eating actual garbage could suggest some really fun presentation ideas

Do you think Nathen Mazri would approve of GarfieldEATS pizza boxes being re-used as HeathcliffDINES takeout boxes? Think of the entergagement!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I want to believe “goupons” is a typo, but I know in my heart it is not.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

If this opened in one of the lesser Korean, Chinese, or Japanese city, it would do loving gangbusters. why choose to fail in toronto, of all places? it's not life's easy mode.

Given that Jim Davis has never seen a licensing opportunity he didn’t like, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if restaurant rights in Asian markets are already tied up with something.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

LSD at the gangbang posted:

I am deeply disappointed the Jim Davis pizza is neither shaped nor flavored like Jim Davis

You don’t know what Jim Davis tastes like.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
ITT proof that Garf is a Lizard Person who can detach his own tail at will. Alert David Icke!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

GolfHole posted:

bad news for garfield: pizza pizza, the other local lovely place, has gone out of business due to low demand and high rent.

I think it’s well established that GarfieldEATS does not abide by the laws of economics or supply and demand.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I mean, have you SEEN who's the president of the US?

Make Canada Entergaged Again

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I look forward to the issue of Garfield Cyber Safety Adventures where they set up a sting and pretend to be children online instead of cats and lure pedophiles to Jon’s house.

Instead of asking them to bring beer and condoms as proof of their intentions, they will demand lasagne.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The Garfield Eats App: It Buffles Me

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Killingyouguy! posted:

fuckin pardon, nathen?

Garfield is known for three things:

1. He hates Mondays.
2. He loves lasagne.
3. He doesn’t trust communicable disease protocols

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The fans of @garfieldeatsapp sure are something:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pastry of the Year posted:

really rather #steamed that at no point do I recall being offered the #opportunity to make a #fanvestment

also Nathen evidently thinks Chex Mix is a breakfast cereal

“We can do better than the 80s and 90s.”

Get this man a leadership position in the Democratic Party, IMO.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Do you think if we showed this stuff to Jim Davis, he would care? I kind of want to see if he would do anything, but also I'd rather keep this entergagement rolling in.

I’m fairly certain telling Jim Davis about this would just result in Garfield canonically supporting Qanon in an effort to boost sales.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

quote:

Use of mascot costume
-Advertisement & Propaganda

:tinfoil:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Debunk This! posted:

putting the finishing touches on my plans to open a restaurant that sells pizzas shaped like heathcliff directly across the street. we also have the license to sell cookies shaped like felix the cat.

bring it nathen :smug:

Amateur. I’m opening up a bakery next door called GarfieldTREATS where I have a license for Garfield shaped cookie cakes and brownies with Edible Image®s featuring Lyman.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Can Naten quit being such a princess for a moment and use his dad's saudi money to lay the groundwork for a national chain of weed cafes and delivery services? My neighborhood is in desperate need of a local ScoobySNACKS and their fleet of mystery machines.

:vince:

Of all the poo poo they’ll license Scooby Doo for, how have they not licensed this?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Big Beef City posted:

The inside bottom of every jar should have the words "Congratulations Mr. Arbuckle..." Printed in it.

The jar should look like a purple coffee cup too.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Garfield is a selfish lover.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

pseudanonymous posted:

There's near Portland I've been to it and raced Go-Karts and stuff.

Wilsonville Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant crew represent.

Or...just "Bullwinkle's" now? With a bowling alley and poo poo? drat, it’s obvious I haven’t lived there in half a decade.

Man, that "Love me. Feed me. Don’t leave me." slogan seems really awkward now that Nathen Mazri has left us.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

Tag yourself I'm the landmonster

Edit: Also by "partnered with UPS" he means "Nathan drives to the UPS store with frozen lasagnas while wearing a giant garfield suit"

Honestly, from what I’ve seen at my UPS Store, a man in a Garfield suit walking in to ship lasagnes wouldn’t even be that weird.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Detective Thompson posted:

Why is is the Big Cow Lasagna? Why not something more Garf-centric? Like Big Cat Lasagna, maybe? He is a rather fat pussy, after all. I don't understand Nathen's fever dream logic.

At first I thought it was some insane U.S. Acres deep cut or something, but it appears to just be a holdover from when they offered lasagna with other ingredients (I’ve found references to “Big Agna”, which is apparently chicken from what I’ve found, and “Big Epinardo”, which might be spinach?).

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 24, 2020

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Agent Escalus posted:

Maybe PAWS/Nickelodeon pulled the license from him so he had to re-brand the London store?

Seems weird that he’d be able to still sell the mail order lasagna in that case.

Perhaps they only got it pulled in ex-CA territories or something, or he’s selling off his licensing ex-CA.

Edit:

mediaphage posted:

second best london, friend (still in ontario)

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 1, 2020

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

I think the real question here is why Goldbelly doesn’t stock Garfsagnas?

It’s like you want to bankrupt Lowtax and I’m there for it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Nathen, I know of an online community that would love to help you make your dreams come true

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Knormal posted:

Maybe he didn't license the rights to Jinkies with the other Scooby items so he had to come up with a similar-but-legally-distinct phrase, like when a DVD company buys the rights to a show but can't include the original music.

That’s literally the reason he says he uses “love me, feed me, don’t leave me” for GarfieldEATS instead of the phrase that Garfield once uttered: “Love me. Feed me. Never leave me.”

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Cant we get the Slylock Fox goon to come in and illustrate “SlylockEATS” for us?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

quote:

Hurry 🏃‍♂️ #RuhRoh!
The List closes January 1st #2021... #zoinks!
Subscribe now with your email 📧 only to be invited to the VIP press launch at 🚜 our farm for Scooby-Doo EATS full if surprises , meets & greets, 😮 and gifts 🎁 or you can also just sit back and enjoy the action LIVE 🎬 right here.
You still must get notified:
》Subscribe now 😉 https://www.scoobyeats.com
#newyear #scoobydoo #ScoobyEATS #food #fun

His FARM? He owns a loving farm now?

I can’t help but think my phone is trying to save me from myself.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

Some of his Instagram posts seem to indicate that the food is A) frozen B) “farm to table” and C) will be sold through thousands of grocery stores.

If anything, I’d say the scope is far beyond a stand-alone food market.

I, for one, can’t wait to see “ScoobyDoo EATS Brand Scooby Byte Chicken* Nuggets” in the freezer aisle at Safeway, laugh at them, then awkwardly stumble a third of the way through explaining what’s so funny about them to my wife before she tells me I spend too much time online.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

I am having trouble reconciling "farm to table" with "frozen" too. Not sure if those terms are mutually exclusive or what - maybe not?

Very technically speaking, all your food is “farm to table” in that it’s journey is:
  • Farm (or ranch or whatever)
  • :iiam:
  • Table

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

So what you're saying is that Nathen should run for President.

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 8, 2021

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

projecthalaxy posted:

35. I think the youngest franchisee ever might not qualify. Also the whole being Saudi-Canadian issue.

You say this like Nathen Mazri will allow himself to be constrained by Article II, Section 1 of the US Constitution.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Agent Escalus posted:

This line of thinking only leads to the question of what Donald Trump’s themed foods would be (aside from being total poo poo food)

I’m pretty sure any such restaurant would just order DoorDash from McDonalds and KFC, then dump the lukewarm delivery into Trump-branded containers and sell it for twice the price.

EDIT: Who wants a MAGA-Pounder with cheese? NO SUBSTITUTIONS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Since we appreciate deep cuts in the The Garfield Eats App thread, Adams uses "Elbonia" as a stand-in for third world nations:

Wikipedia posted:

Elbonia is a fictional non-specific under-developed country used when Adams wants "to involve a foreign country without hurting overseas sales". He says "People think I have some specific country in mind when I write about Elbonia, but I don't. It represents the view that Americans have of any country that doesn't have cable television—we think they all wear fur hats and wallow around waist-deep in mud". The entire country wears the same clothing and hats, and all men have full beards. They are occasionally bitter towards their wealthier western neighbors, but are quite happy to trade with them. The whole country is covered in mud, and has limited technology.