Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I am not great with solving mysteries, but I love reading them in spite of, or maybe because of, that. I expect to mostly admire the prose but maybe predict a thing or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I actually almost posted last night hoping the book came with a map of Decagon House because I'm really bad at mentally picturing directions and layouts. Right now I'm equally fascinated by the story and the editing discussion you two are having, so I may not have much else to say until more plot happens.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

:munch: Now poo poo's starting to get interesting. If the mysteries revolve around mahjong (is it one word or two? I've seen both), though, I'm hosed because I've never been able to make sense of the game and might have to change that. As far as names go, Hajime can also be written as "beginning" and Wikipedia lists other kanji with readings along similar lines. If there's one thing Japan loves, it's hidden meanings in character names so could you share how the ones we know so far are written and try to offer that as we readers learn them?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Sometimes the hardest thing about mystery games and books is telling apart the relevant information and the misdirection.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Posting so I have a convenient place to toss a link about Japanese medical schooling when I'm on my laptop and it isn't 6:45 AM.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'm enjoying reading this even if I can't seem to find anything to say consistently. Will anyone live to tell the wider world about what happened here? I hope so if only to give the victims' families some sort of closure.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

They're all being drugged? :tinfoil:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I wonder if that cup was with the house all along or if the killer prepared it and brought it with them. If the latter, how did they know what the originals looked like? Maybe I need to reread from the beginning to see if I'm forgetting anything important.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'm trying to remember if poison or a person being drugged figured into the prior murders, which is part of why I need to reread. Coincidences can't exist in mystery books :v:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Yeah, the Nakamura ones.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'm glad things improved enough for you to finish this!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I should go back and re-read everything so my memory is fresh when you start posting new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I really like the prologue and epilogue as a pair. And I'm bad at mystery novels so I'm not surprised that I had no idea of the solution.