Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Just found and finished the first page of the thread! Not gonna read any comments yet but wanted to thank you for the effort! Will read regularly and comment once I’m caught up.

Edit: Love shimada a weird amount

Is Morisu a boy or girls name? Or unisex?

Edit edit: Nevermind on morisu - next chapter has that info. Thought morisu was one of the people on the island and wanted to guess.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

OK caught up. Two things of note to me:

1. The New Years party - obviously important but I'm interested at the timeline. At some point this night Van said his uncle bought these islands, a light plan was made to visit and also this night Chiori died. What order? Did one lead to the other? It is kind of wild that the main characters have not really acknowledged the party more. I'd still be thinking about it a bunch a few months later. Orczy dying first makes sense if she is the only one (other than the killer) knowing Chiori's connection to this place.
2. I am wondering if the there are secret tunnels in the Decagon house. Obviously they were kind of hinted. I wonder how they would work in such a symmetrical house. With everyone's rooms being identical I feel like if any room had a secret tunnel, then every room would have to have a tunnel. Whether that goes straight across or somewhere else I don't know.

Early on I thought it would be important to match club names to real names. I don't think that's true anymore.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

about ellery, i think he's already concluded that the killer is a 3rd party (nakamura seiji) and keeping it to himself out of spite because of how Poe dismissed the theory. so he's being all "welp, it looks like it was impossible for any of us to do it. i guess theres no other possibilities..." probably after this footprints thing he's gonna bring up the seiji=culprit thing again.
I think you're probably right about that, but not sure how the group on the mainland is going to interact. It seems like they should have an idea if Seiji is still alive. Any update timeline?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

Ah yes, this thread is still a thing. Back when I stopped updating there was a lot of life stuff getting in the way of everything, but now I'm back on top of... pretty much everything except finishing this novel. Don't worry though, I'll most likely do it within the next couple days.
Thank you! I was thinking about getting the book on kindle unlimited, but glad I don't need to.

Kind of meta but I wonder if this will have a similar solution to And Then There Were None where one of the characters we thought was dead is alive and actually the killer. You have seemed to be leaning that way if I remember correctly.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Ellery's obsession with Seiji is paying off. I can't believe that. I feel like the obsession has progressed to the point where he's created a Seiji persona where he would kill with the motives that the original Seiji would have. Like seriously though, who would have thought to use the cup to open a keyhole underneath the kitchen floor? Or even thought that there was a basement to the house when it hasn't been mentioned or thought of.That's madness.
I wonder if maybe Ellery and Chiori were closer than we were led to believe? Maybe even dating? Could go a long way towards explaining his obsession with Seiji, and maybe Chiori would know about this basement and tell him?

Would make somewhat sense if he originally thought one of the group was the killer, so he wanted to hide any advantage he had, but now realizes it was Seiji the whole time.

edit: Yeah I feel like we have so much information but I'm still at a complete loss.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

Okay wow, sorry for the delay! Truth is I lost a lot of progress last month and haven't had the motivation to redo it. But anyway here I am now with a decent buffer on content! Take this as a promise that the project ain't dead. And here's the schedule for the rest of the updates:

11/11 actually tomorrow - Ch.10 part 2
11/15 - Rest of ch.10 + ch.11
11/22 - Ch.12
11/25- Epilogue
Bump. Was just wondering if you were still planning on updating this?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Maugrim posted:

Alright, so the book doesn't actually come out here until 3rd December.

I'll preorder it on Kindle and post up when I have the copy.

thank you!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I’m re-reading previous posts while reading this. Before this update I thought Koujiro used the same murder strategy for the original murders, but maybe he still did

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Where did he store the boat on the island?

Also wonder if there will be a problem with Buddha paintings that Shimada will find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Maugrim posted:

That was described in detail in part 2:
Oh I missed that. Thanks