Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Thanks for posting these, I just caught up with the thread.

For Agatha, I feel like the lipstick should be a red herring. While the text seemed to put extra emphasis on it, the fact that it’s not her preferred color makes it an unknown as far as murder weapons go.

One thought that I can’t remember if it was brought up by anyone yet. Someone in the novel mentioned Seiji loved mechanisms like hidden passages and secret rooms and the blue mansion was full of them. I was thinking the decagon house might be similar, though I don’t know how that’d play out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

I think the wording for them describing Agatha’s death is mostly poetic in that she applied her own murder weapon and not necessarily that she committed suicide.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Assuming death by poisoned cigarette, Van is the obvious choice since he had the case last.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

I think the coffee is to indicate that they didn’t touch the cups after the poisoning so it still had the leftover drink inside. But I don’t remember exactly what state it was in, so it could be a clue.

Ellery knowing the cup was a key is definitely suspicious.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Thanks for finishing this up.

I guess I should have refreshed myself like you suggested. I forgot all their names too.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Well that explains my issue with the lipstick murder and how the killer would know when she’d use the special tube.

It was happenstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Thanks for finishing this. I don’t think I would ever guessed the ending, but it was a good ride.