Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just found read through this whole thread this evening -- what a fun project!

I find it interesting that apart from Orczy, none of the club members seem to be aware that the Chiori they knew was the child of the man whose house they are currently staying in. Surely some of them would put two and two together?

On a different note, the gardener arrived on the 17th, and rang his wife to say this:

quote:

"He sounded the same as ever. Though, he did mention that the Madam was beset with illness."

"You mean Kazue?"

"Yes. He hadn't seen her at all, so he asked Seiji about it, and heard that she was resting due to illness."

Kazue died between the 17th and 18th, so potentially she was already dead at this point or at least drugged, and Seiji was aware and covering it up.

I definitely think that we're going to find out that the corpse of "Seiji" is actually the gardener, but I don't have any evidence for that except that the bodies were burned and difficult to identify.

I am also deeply suspicious of Shimada, and Koujirou too since Shimada is his alibi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Still really enjoying this thread, although I don't have much to say. There's obviously a lot more to the Seiji story than what we know, what with the specificity of a severed hand, the identity of that couple, and this line:

quote:

He wouldn't even listen to me, just rambling on about how he was aiming for a higher stage, and the blessing of a vast darkness, and stuff like that.

Maybe there's some kind of occult involvement going on?

Anyway, it's a lot of fun, and thank you for translating it!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Poe was the only one who actually examined Orczy's body, right? So if Leroux is actually remembering the sight of Orczy's corpse (and not just imagining it, I'm unsure from the writing), that means he must have seen it at some other time. Suspicious!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you for posting this!