Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is Alex.

He is adorable and sweet and dumb as hell.

He also has diabetes, because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Every morning and night I check his blood sugar (which is always too goddamn high) by giving him a quick ear stab with a tiny needle then harvesting his blood. Then I feed him and give him an injection of insulin.

Sometimes I check his urine for ketones so I catch a little bit of his pee in a cup then dip a stick into it, much like a pregnancy test, to see if he's getting sick.

I wanted to make this thread because when I found out he was diabetic I freaked the hell out, and honestly I'm still kinda freaking out, but I thought oh my god, he's going to die immediately. He is not, though, and it's totally manageable if not very stressful.

I also just wanted to show off that he is good, dumb, idiot cat.

Luckily Simon keeps him in line.

Simon doesn't have diabetes, but has become a Fat Cat in his old age. I would like him to be less fat, so I am working on that. Also, he is getting some dental work done soon so I am hoping that works out.

They are good cats and I love them very much.

I also have consumed basically every resource about diabetes in cats, so if you have non-vet questions I can answer those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU