Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Luxrage posted:

I ended up flushing the radiator, there was almost nothing in the system and the reservoir tank has a bunch of sludge floating around in the top. I'm thinking that there is probably a bunch of air in the system which might have saved him from pulling all of that sludge water into the radiator in the first place. It would also explain why the heater doesn't work. I want to either pull the reservoir tank or flush it out in place to get any remaining crap out of it before I run the engine and properly purge the remaining air, though. I'm going to re-drain the radiator and see how much rust comes out of it when I do this as well. I noted after doing my flush and tightening the drain plug it hasn't leaked since so if the flush and air purge ends up being the fix then talk about dumb luck. I really don't want to have to replace that thermostat, I was looking at the location of it and man that looks miserable:

I've done that job, it sucks. My grandparents '04 (I think), and every bit of cooling system plastic I touched just crumbled. gently caress Dex Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU