Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Skippy McPants posted:

I am a cat person, and I agree it was dumb but I was also lukewarm on the entire short. Too twee for my tastes.

I thought the first half after a couple of minutes was funny but it started to drag around the teabagging point and while I like cats (and thought the cat video joke was fine) the ending went on too long. Child monitor bot in particular was too... on the nose?

I think the only one I really disliked was the train(?) robbery one. It seemed the most pointless and time-wasting. Cool on a few others but that one really rubbed me wrong for some reason.

quote:

Edit: I'd maybe also have a chat with whoever set the episode order.
Apparently there are four possible episode orders depending on some unknown variable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Labes for days posted:

I’m glad I read this thread instead of just watching the episodes in order because yeah, not a big fan of sexualized violence against women and there is a lot of it.

There is? Good Hunting obviously, and I can see the symbolism in Pokémon Gladiators, but (in my order) that was the first and roughly midpoint episodes.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The Ted Chiang stories about the Tower of Babylon and the guy whose wife gets killed by an accidental angelic incursion. If it has to be robots the the air-breathing robots could be good.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I just assume it's covid delaying everything, season 4 of Cake seemed pretty rushed and even had repeat segments.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Phone posting so no link but there's a huge collection of every short story by JG Ballard. Some of his stuff isn't particularly Sci fi (the giant short is a good example of how some of his stuff is) but he's a good writer in general. Bleak, though. Although the stories cover like 50 years of writing so maybe I haven't gotten to his happy phase yet.