Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also I don't think he actually has any NBA coaching opportunities even if he wanted them. He could probably get some front office gig I guess, but there's no way it'd pay even close to what he'd make coaching college. The idea that he was never coaching college again always seemed really silly to me, I just hope it's not at Nebraska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sleepytime posted:

Is there a group for goon brackets on ESPN?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884880

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sleepytime posted:

Is there a group for goon brackets on ESPN?

It's not ESPN, but it's a good goon bracket group.

Benne posted:

Utah State gonna kick the poo poo out of us

Oh and :siren: GOON BRACKET IS BACK UP EVERYBODY JOIN NOW https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/76849/invitation?key=586354b9bd47003e&soc_trk=lnk :siren:

Password: fuckduke

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If I was looking to get into a random bracket I didn't know the password to fuckduke, FuckDuke, and fuckDuke would be my only guesses and I'd imagine I would be able to get in.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Only thing I hate about this year is I feel like I end up downloading like 5 apps to cover my NCAA fix. Doesn’t help that lots of places have separate apps just for the tournament.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok you idiots, i didn't know i wanted it until five minutes ago and now the only thing i've ever wanted in life is a Hoiberg vs. Boylen coaching matchup in the NIT

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Adun posted:

I mean this sounds like B-S if only because wouldn’t you want some leverage to get a better offer out of Texas A&M?

They poo poo money and supposedly are going to make him a top 5 paid coach, plus the massive facilities and logistical advantages their amount of money entails.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm in to defend my title by finishing last. :smugdog:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Poque posted:

I'm loving the teams placed in San Jose. The committee sure had a high opinion of teams in the southwest to place there and then every team in California and Arizona completely poo poo the bed this season. Somehow UC Irvine (13) and Oregon (12) get the only location advantage of the eight teams there.

If Kenpom is to be trusted, we should make it to 16, but having watched a lot of Purdue this year, I'd be surprised to see us make it that far. Carsen Edwards' decision making has completely fallen off a cliff. Also being in Louisville for a potential matchup S16 against Tennessee isn't ideal.

Purdue has been really hot and cold. Luckily Minnesota caught Purdue when he had pretty miserable games.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
folks don't read coaching rumors or you'll get depressed at people talking themselves into hiring mike miller

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Meanwhile on the women's side

https://twitter.com/hartfordcourant/status/1107749945115885568

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Punished for their awful conference. Their only losses are to 2 of the 1 seeds, compared to the bad losses that 3 of the other 1 seeds have. They were a slam dunk 1 seed, and they are going to beat their poor first round opponent by 80 just because they can.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I gotta give ESPN credit though. They realized once it was out they figured "Well, this genie isn't going back in" so they pretty much were displaying them all during the 6p EDT SportsCenter, and then put up an apology.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That breaks a 12 year streak of 1 seeds for them, in which they beat their 16 seed opponents 1,166 to 540

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Homer picks are homer picks are up and running.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
My only woman's basketball opinion is that I will be mad af if Megan Gustafson isn't player of the year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Oh boy it’s the NIT

Tipping off in just a few minutes

The NIT, don’t everybody rush to talk about it at once

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Should we get a First Four GDT going?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Should we get a First Four GDT going?

Yea. We could probably do a GDT for each weekend or something.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Go Belmont

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Fairleigh loving Dickinson.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I'm never able to figure this out each year, but is there a way to know when the winner on Thursday will play on Saturday? Friday then Sunday?

How about just what times the games are on on a certain day before the teams are known?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

I'm never able to figure this out each year, but is there a way to know when the winner on Thursday will play on Saturday? Friday then Sunday?

How about just what times the games are on on a certain day before the teams are known?

I’m not sure if that is even set to be honest. I think they try to move bigger games to the prime time slots when they can. I can’t find the info on any website.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1108186959770460162

I feel bad for this guy, two years in a row.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
They don't set the Saturday/Sunday until the games are over their respective previous days, so you won't know Saturday game times until after the last game on Thursday. Sucks for planning purposes, but they want to know all the matchups before determining when best to slot them.

But really it shouldn't matter because why would you be planning on doing anything but watching basketball all day?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

aw hell, i figured this was the case after seeing him in a boot a few times recently. :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bruins Bitch

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

KingKapalone posted:

Teams aren't pre-slotted into time slots, but the general TV schedule is available.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Something weird is going on at northwestern. Two seniors are transferring for their grad years, barrett benson is graduating in three years and transferring, and northwestern will only have 9 players next season. Meanwhile, a guy that collins ran off is playing for Colgate in the tournament and is CAA MVP. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to play for Collins anymore.

The fact is we're a midmajor basketball program and it's time to bring back bill carmody

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 20, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It owned when they fired Carmody and he immediately made the tournament with a trash Holy Cross team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Honestly it did own.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Anyone have a WSJ login I can use so I can do this: https://www.wsj.com/graphics/ncaa-madness-machine-2019/

doing the $1 thing is annoying to cancel

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 20, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lost in the Madness, St. Joes fired Phil Martelli. With Fran Dunphy also "retired," Philly hopps is gonna look a lot different next year

The 03-04 Nelson-West team was an all-timer. John Lucas is the devil

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 20, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I made a GDT since games are already happening.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885117

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Guys

I am loving pumped for tomorrow.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://twitter.com/BadgerMBB/status/1108524351895334913

(he's been the scorekeeper for Wisconsin basketball for 55 years and in the 2nd to last game this year, the scorer's table was named after him)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FRED HOIBERG I'LL SEE YOU IN WELSH-RYAN ARENA, YOU JABRONI, THAT IS ASSUMING CHRIS COLLINS HASN'T RUN OFF THE REST OF NORTHWESTERN'S PLAYERS AND THEY CAN ACTUALLY FORM A BASKETBALL TEAM

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Alright, hear me out: If Calipari were really going to stay and retire at Kentucky, wouldn't he jockey for a raise by acting like he's interested until he nails his bonus, Saban style? So therefore since he says he's confident he'll stay and retire, he's definitely leaving for UCLA and UK is going to hire Bruce Weber and go to the NIT for five years. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

PJ Washington is injured for at least today's game against Abilene Christian with a sprained foot. I would imagine if he's not playing today, he will likely be out Saturday too. Not good to miss your leading scorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

PJ Washington is injured for at least today's game against Abilene Christian with a sprained foot. I would imagine if he's not playing today, he will likely be out Saturday too. Not good to miss your leading scorer.

Officially out today, and they put on a hard cast for "precautionary reasons." Today shouldn't be a problem, but I'll be more concerned if he misses Saturday too.