Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

we made the drive back from San Diego back to Phoenix (even had to deal with snow/slush at one point along Hwy 8).

The tires were original A048s with a manufacture date of December 2005.

drat, how easy or hard was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I always thought the Exige's targa top was glued in for extra stiffness.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Good idea on the borescope. I’m in Phoenix but thanks for the offer. Would something like this do the trick?

https://www.amazon.com/Depstech-End...8-1-spons&psc=1

Seems like a good solution to save cost by using a phone or tablet as a display. The app might not be supported forever but for $35 you can’t have everything. .

I dunno about the clearance of the camera for your needs, but this worked a treat for looking behind our bathroom mirror at the piping.
The image quality is pretty good, and the wire is stiff enough to hold a bend, since you'll run into an area you want to look at, need to turn the camera, and so need to first fish the whole thing out and then put it back in.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I did find something odd sticking out of the front right suspension...

Turns out my buddy's Exige has the same thing. No idea what it does but the spring starts under the suspension arm, goes to the middle part of the front clam toward the center, then goes into a hole toward the front. It's really weird.

How much clearance does it have to the suspension arm.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Are there any good Lotus forums that you could ask about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I'm worried that if I post on LotusTalk asking for recommendations it would somehow come back to me when I try to sell. Maybe I need a burner account there?

What do you all think? Should I repair and paint the OEM clamshell or buy an aftermarket clamshell and paint? Should I say gently caress it and list it on LotusTalk or Autotrader as-is?

You mean like it’s a lose-lose to disclose who did the work despite it being a recommendation ABBA still having someone second guess it?