Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I finally found a shop to quote the fiberglass and paint repair and it was an eye-watering amount. The fiberglass repair work alone was quoted at 58 hours of labor and it would cost more than buying another S2 Exige clam from Greg's Race Parts. I'm a little conflicted on where to go with it. I'm worried that if I post on LotusTalk asking for recommendations it would somehow come back to me when I try to sell. Maybe I need a burner account there?

What do you all think? Should I repair and paint the OEM clamshell or buy an aftermarket clamshell and paint? Should I say gently caress it and list it on LotusTalk or Autotrader as-is?

Maybe get an aftermarket clam finished and installed, and include the OEM one with the car as-is if the buyer is interested? Someone who really wants the originality gets the option to maintain that if they care to, but most people are going to be satisifed with aftermarket that looks and performs equivalent to OEM, with full disclosure of the extent of the damage that led to the replacement... Which providing the original part in usable condition handily satisfies, and implicitly lets interested parties know this wasn't a situation where the car was badly wrecked and rebuilt, it really was cosmetic damage that just happens to be expensive to deal with.

super nailgun fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU