Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's some weird charm about this game that makes me want to see this to the end. It looks super janky and the characterization leaves a lot to be desired, but it has some allure to it.

Was OFF an RPGMaker game? That was one weird as hell but it pressed a lot of the right buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

SSNeoman posted:

WHY!?

You're literally making it a bigger hassle for the both of you!

Because the game needed to move forward. It's a pet peeve of mine when it comes to RPGMaker games.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Was OFF an RPGMaker game? That was one weird as hell but it pressed a lot of the right buttons.

Yes, one of the best.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I've played the Millennium series on Steam; it was alright. I ended up quitting at the end of the final episode because I just stopped caring. It started out silly and just kinda petered off into blandness.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I've played the Millennium series on Steam; it was alright. I ended up quitting at the end of the final episode because I just stopped caring. It started out silly and just kinda petered off into blandness.

I made it partway into the first episode and lost interest. But hey, at least I bought all five games up front!

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The Millennium series was made by the same guy as the Laxius saga. In fact, Millennium games were being released in between installments of the Laxius Force trilogy, and this is so insane to me because the writing styles are completely different. The Laxius saga as a whole is pretty psychotic and even offensive at times, while Millennium is pretty bland.

It's like Indinera had two different personalities making the two different series.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3: Part 4: The Mask

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 29, 2020

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3: Part 5: Hell, I've Seen Worse.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 29, 2020

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3: Part 6: A Farewell To Caves.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 29, 2020

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
What an odd little set of games. There's a lot of something in them.Heart, maybe. Or spleen. Kidneys? These are full of some sort of organ that's for sure

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

There are some interesting ideas here, but they definitely needed an editor.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

There are some interesting ideas here, but they definitely needed an editor.

Seriously. Another problem with ALL this loving build-up is that there is no way the twist can meet expectations.
I'm also getting whiplash from so many personality changes. Like hey, what happened to the treasure??

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3: Part 7: The Motherless Man, Janwen's Revenge.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 29, 2020

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The story seriously went off the rails after I dropped the game, sheesh. Serena being Scatha seems too easy for this game, so I'll speculate that... Serena is somehow all women at once, maybe a goddess of some type, and the main force of good, so that's why the shadow guy being motherless is such a big deal, it's a sign of villainy. And the main character is actually... a fish or something.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Who says the shadow plunger has anything to do with the sword at all? It comes around just after Scatha talks about demons.

It is a demon. The portrait has blatant horns and the being is on fire. That's why Rhue is freaking out - he says it himself: "What are you?"

That is why Rhue is confused when Scatha asks about "the man" - she is not talking about the shadow plunger, who she never even saw. Remember, she was not awake for Rhue's encounter with it.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 10, 2019

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Who says the shadow plunger has anything to do with the sword at all? It comes around just after Scatha talks about demons.

It is a demon. The portrait has blatant horns and the being is on fire. That's why Rhue is freaking out - he says it himself: "What are you?"

That is why Rhue is confused when Scatha asks about "the man" - she is not talking about the shadow plunger, who she never even saw. Remember, she was not awake for Rhue's encounter with it.

That it's a demon -is- one of the theories. But I have a theory I like more that'd be big spoilers to go into.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

The story seriously went off the rails after I dropped the game, sheesh. Serena being Scatha seems too easy for this game, so I'll speculate that... Serena is somehow all women at once, maybe a goddess of some type, and the main force of good, so that's why the shadow guy being motherless is such a big deal, it's a sign of villainy. And the main character is actually... a fish or something.

Well... you're right that it's too easy for this game.

Woog
May 2, 2013
Are you gonna show what happens if you lose that plunge?

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

Woog posted:

Are you gonna show what happens if you lose that plunge?

I was thinking about it, but I might have to open the game in rpgmaker because its basically impossible for my Rhue to lose it... unless I play through the episode with the default save.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
I actually don't remember what happens on a loss, honestly.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Intermediate Update: What If I Lost.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 29, 2020

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3: Part 8: Kloe's hosed Up Life.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 29, 2020

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh god I forgot there was grooming in this poo poo. I hate it.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, it's almost as though auctioning off teenage girls is a very bad idea.

Though it's hard to say if Lun is portraying her relationship with Ballar as bad in itself. He IS creepily pushy in that scene though, both figuratively and literally, so I've always interpreted that as the case. And its made VERY clear she's only 16 (though who knows how long after that the relationship actually started).

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
And don't forget that sorta-homophobic line at the start:

quote:

I suppose the Blana Sera feel that men and women complete one another.

I really hope this group isn't supposed to be the good guys; because they're failing miserably.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
You'll have your question answered pretty shortly, but that's also merely Traziun offering a suggestion to something he doesn't seem to know the answer to.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Fleshwit posted:

manuever (SIC. Okay this is the american spelling, but still.).

The American spelling is "maneuver". That's just a typo.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 3 Finale: PISS!!!!!!

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 29, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I do hope we get some answers soon. I can't even get a bead on what's Rhue's deal.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
ODDITIES II

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 29, 2020

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Lexus is also (sort of) the name of the girl from right at the beginning of Episode 1, the one with the portrait that never appears again. At least her event in RPGMaker is called Lexus. Really makes me wonder what the original plan for her was, in the final version she just gets phantom slashered.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
I think I did read that somewhere once. Sounds familiar anyway, but I'd totally forgotten it. I'll quote it in the post, thanks.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I've lost count of all the projects I've abandoned because of my personal life bleeding too much into them. I really should try to dredge up one of my old projects just to see how it holds.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 4: Part 1: KI BLAST!

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 29, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well I guess that's one way to get the party together?

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Well I guess that's one way to get the party together?

Well, it's not like they were split up long to begin with, I suppose.

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Episode 4: Part 2: Lexus.

Fleshwit fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 29, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

To be fair Rhue, you left her tied up. What'd you think would happen?

Fleshwit
Apr 25, 2011
Half excuse for posts so we can get to a new page, half actually plot relevant.

What do pictures 2 and 3 have in common that 1 and 4 lack? I'm not talking about Lexus or Traziun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woog
May 2, 2013
That guy standing to the right of the headhunter and above the guard.