Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh cool, it's one of my favorite RPGMaker games!

I still have the Wanderer's Guide Book saved, so if anybody is interested, here you are: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13543625/WanderersGuideBook.doc.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Shifter - People who are able to shift their aura's, usually by attaining a certain state of mind.
Senser - A person with the ability to sense other wanderer's auras.

The terms Shifter and Senser aren't used, but I can think of several examples for both. I'll point them out when it becomes relevant.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

quote:

Hi there, obligatory Alex cameo (tm)!

I swear, there's a rule somewhere that every RPGMaker game needs to have an NPC with this sprite sit in a tavern and talk about how he's the chosen one. Except for the ones that use Alex as their main character, of course.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I checked in RPGMaker and even the dialogue for the spoiler bars has been replaced with a comment saying "Player never comes back here."

(Also, new page anyone?)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I think I played the first Laxius Power once... There was a sword dude and his elf girlfriend and his nun friend and their dog and their cat and their drunk teacher and they all wanted to go through a forest or something. That's about the point when I stopped playing, because the game had just given me six party members with maybe three character traits between them.

Are you planning to show the stuff hidden in the Game Over screen?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

quote:

You may have to do some jumping to cross the river in some places on this Stretch, so be ready for that.
Also, this map is a little bit old. It may not be completely accurate.
And by that he means "This map was changed for version 2.0."

quote:

ORSON: GO GET DAT WOOLIE!
WOOLIE!
YEAH!
Woolies are the best.

quote:

I like how he's still introducing himself as from the super cursed stretch
I think he remembers not to maybe once in the entire series?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Lexus is also (sort of) the name of the girl from right at the beginning of Episode 1, the one with the portrait that never appears again. At least her event in RPGMaker is called Lexus. Really makes me wonder what the original plan for her was, in the final version she just gets phantom slashered.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
This entire segment is so weird. :allears:

The great part about the whole Estrana sequence is that just about everything changes once you replay the game. Like that blue stalker guy, there's no way you'd pay enough attention to notice him in the first scenes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Those arrows are only supposed to show up if you select "No Puzzles" I think. A few of them are bugged and always show up, I fixed them in my game along with a couple other things.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Lexus is an edit of a commonly used face, so I'm pretty sure I've seen that expression before. I didn't find that, but...

It could have been worse. A lot worse.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I found an old post that suggests adding 1 to the first word in the second line and possibly the first letter of the second word.

So
73176 743 539.
becomes 84287 843 539.
"That's the key."

The key being that since there's no 1 in phone code, you need to add 1 to the numbers to get the first word. No idea why it's also needed for the second word, but maybe it's a mistake?

84287 854 640.
Adding 1 to all words only produces gibberish.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Of course this does lead to the important question: When Rhue found one of his auras in a treasure chest back in Episode 2 I think, what was really in there?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Traziun just says the aura's been embedded in Rhue's sword for a while. Maybe where auras come from isn't common knowledge, or maybe Traziun just doesn't care if Rhue has killed people before. He doesn't seem like he would.

On the other hand, forerunners stuffing their dead in treasure chests so that wanderers can absorb their auras is hilarious and also makes a weird amount of sense. Like a part of them living on and all that.

Fun thing, remember how Rhue was really keen on seeing Kloe's execution? Maybe he was hungry.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I read that more as Sacrifa having prayed to the Purpose for Lilah's cure for years and been met with silence, then once he asked the Lord Below for his help and he immediately answered. Sacrifa is smart enough to realize that it is probably a bad sign if the devil is eager to help him with his problems and that he will eventually have to pay for it.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Fleshwit posted:

Next time, Rhue goes to court!

Yesssssssss

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

SSNeoman posted:

I'm gonna be honest, if that was the ending I got after 6 goddamned episodes, I'd be annoyed as all hell. After the endless parades of distractions and finding straw for holes in buckets we find out that Serena is dead.

EDIT: maybe I'll hold off my judgement for when we see the other endings.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Are you going to show the easter eggs for Episode 5 and 6?

Anyway, I have a theory about The Girl I'd like to throw out. Most hints point to her being Serena, including the hair color, but I always thought that strange. I mean, from what we've heard from Jeruh and Midian, the real Serena was not a very nice person. I doubt that a child with the same upbringing as Slade and Scatha could be as naive as The Girl. So my idea has always been that she is Serena, but not the real one. Instead she's the Serena that Jeruh imagined and Rhue remembers. Of course that Serena doesn't exist, but neither does Rhue and he was real enough that his aura took over after Midian's death.