Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

It’s hard to imagine any of the AAF markets supporting an additional NFL franchise. Maybe Texas cause they’re fuckin nuts about football.

We should be focusing our energy on more productive areas. Like a realignment scheme that ends up disbanding the NFC East.

san diego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lol fair

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I feel like the AAF should eventually downplay the idea that it's a league just for guys who want to be back in the NFL. They should try to make playing in the AAF a goal in itself and a desirable thing for athletes who can't quite make it in the NFL but are still really good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

that was sick

e: holy poo poo he tosses the ball away before he crossed the goal line lmao. they still gave it to him though because it was close

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

EugeneJ posted:

I was just looking at the current NFL teams and pondering how an expansion would work, and without re-aligning the divisions you'd have to add exactly 8 teams

Hmm

This isnt correct. They could have uneven divisions, redo playoff and scheduling, etc. There are so many other options than just going to "it has to be 8 teams".

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Shots

BITCH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Play posted:

I feel like the AAF should eventually downplay the idea that it's a league just for guys who want to be back in the NFL. They should try to make playing in the AAF a goal in itself and a desirable thing for athletes who can't quite make it in the NFL but are still really good

That will probably only happen if the salaries get close to half of the NFL minimum

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Raku posted:

That will probably only happen if the salaries get close to half of the NFL minimum

You're absolutely right. Still, that should be the five year goal. I think there's room in the US market for the NFL and a sub-NFL that still pays its players pretty well. The obvious but sad truth is that the majority of these guys will not reach the NFL, but it'd be great if they were still paid according to their talent

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is this the third starting Memphis QB of the season?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fleet ... bitch? :negative: Starting to accept that it may not be our year.

Why the gently caress was Bercovici back in at QB? His replacements have been better. Put the Arizona guy in to sell tickets I guess, which I can’t fault them for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

fleet ... bitch? :negative: Starting to accept that it may not be our year.

Why the gently caress was Bercovici back in at QB? His replacements have been better. Put the Arizona guy in to sell tickets I guess, which I can’t fault them for.

They're all hurt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Express just became the answer to a bar trivia question

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Big talk coming from a 3rd place team in a 4 team division

YOINK

https://twitter.com/TheAAF/status/1110226085751463936

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

EugeneJ posted:

Memphis @ San Antonio on 4/6 has sell-out potential (National TV on CBS + JOHNNY FOOTBALL BACK IN TEXAS)

Maybe if the keep the upper deck closed (which I believe they do).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Fleet are sinking. Oh well

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/eminem/status/1110350888374280194?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

The salaries being consistent between all players kinda kills this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Play posted:

But... it IS a league for guys who want to be back in the NFL.

That's what the league is for

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I like that Charlie Ebersol replied to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008