Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I love this show so much, Chuck and Axe being on the same team is so satisfying.

Btw. I have been wondering a while now, what is everybody working for the government wearing one of those american flag pins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

NowonSA posted:

Edit: Also, if anyone offhand remembers why Chuck was throwing away half his sandwich early in episode 2 then please clue me in, I feel like he's done that before and explained why but I can't recall. I think maybe as a diet thing?

On reddit I saw some people argue that Chuck is an emotional eater, and that when he is feeling confident and on top he can let himself stay lean and hungry, and that scene was him showing his confidence.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

nooneofconsequence posted:

Could still save it for later.

He threw it in the trashcan if I remember correctly.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I hope they don't go the cheating route, nothing we have seen so far in previous seasons indicates that Wendy has any intention of sleeping around. That is one aspect of the show that I really like, Wendy and Axe have shown zero romantic or sexual interest in each other. The only time Wendy has been with another person was when she and Chuck got separated, the same with Axe who showed no interest in other women until after his marriage was over.

My impression was that Wendy going on a run was a way for her to cope with Chuck showing no interest in dominating.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know there is a lot of mixed feelings about Taylor and the whole pronoun thing, but I really like the character. And I thought Asia Kate Dillon did some great acting this episode in showing Taylor’s conflicting emotions about their father.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don’t think Axe and Chuck are doing anything behind her back, she was there when they decided to work together and Chuck revealing his sexual activities had nothing to do with Axe.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The show has been renewed for season 5.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I hope they don’t go that direction, Axe and Wendy having no romantic or sexual attraction to each other is one of the good things about the show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

LorneReams posted:

Every review I've read says they remain the only moral center, so either they will be corrupted, or stay pure.

Taylor was already deeply corrupted by the time they left Axe. Taylor is running on the fumes of they person they used to be, convinced that being the lesser evil compared to Axe makes them good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't want to see Wendy and Axe get together. The great thing about their relationship was that it was not sexual in nature at all.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
When the show came back from the long break I thought I was done with this show, but in these last few episodes it has somehow managed to pull me back in. So I will stick around for the final season.

Billions is the only tv show I can watch where the protagonist is clearly the bad guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Whoa, this is the first I hear about Lewis leaving. I see he has confirmed leaving the show, but I assume he will make a cameo in the last episode or something like that.