Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fantastic stuff. God drat, what a bite.

This is the dumbest/nerdiest/gooniest reason to love this show, but I loving love every time they drop an excellent pop culture reference. Like the Trading Places quote about "No getting around the old minimum wage." It's cheap heat, but I eat it up everytime.

eta: Also John Malkovich is playing an older version of Teddy KGB from Rounders, this is my head canon and will not be denied :colbert:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I loving died laughing when the Ballad of Chicken Bill started playing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

What happened to security? Mafee is allowed to just walk right into the office?

They showed up after it escalated, why would they stop him at the door when he left on semi-friendly terms? He might have been there to beg for his job back for all they know.

It's not like when he quit he yelled "the next time you see me, I'm gonna be fighting Dollar Bill!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Everything about the boxing training montages and the boxing match itself was comedy gold. I died laughing when they were tired out by Round 3.

Was cool to see Taylor get one over on Axe, very clever. The references are sometimes a little too much, but then they'll do one that tickles me perfectly and I forgive them.

God the acting on this show is so fun to watch, everyone chewing all the scenery.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It was cool seeing Eva Victor get a role in the latest episode.

Part of me wanted to see them pick Spyros to be the squeaky clean CEO they needed for the bank for the comedy potential.

Really enjoying this show

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The only product placement that leaps out at me in this show is the Fiji water because they go out of their way to always ensure the logo is facing the camera

Everything with Spyros/Maphee/MENSA was really good, I really enjoy the actor who plays Spyros so seeing him get a subplot all to himself was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The finale scheme was just the ending of Trading Places but with energy stocks instead of frozen concentrated orange juice futures.

Good finale, felt a bit indulgent with how much wrap up every single character and pairing got, but I understand them wanting to take one last victory lap with these characters.