Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
About halfway through the 3rd season, and the collapse of the Ice Juice case is preposterous. Axe has some Dexter-level plot armor. No matter how dead to rights they have him, he's got some magic minions who can fake any evidence and intimidate absolutely anyone.

They want you to think there's an equal amount of danger for the Rhoades, but come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol @ Sackler and Southern in general giving even a moment's pause about prosecuting someone who killed a prison guard. Don't try to make me think prosecutors have souls

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

EricBauman posted:

Don't they end up dropping it because the inmate dies right after they bring charges?

Yes. All the prosecutors are very broken up about it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

EricBauman posted:

I guess it's time for a rewatch.

Time to relive the good old days of ice juice and Chuck's election

Oh poo poo does Chuck win this election?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Got halfway through Season 4 and the power fantasies are starting to reach Star Trek: Discovery levels. Oh, Chuck doesn't have statutory powers? Well his team made cases against half the state Assembly in a day. Axe is mad at some dude? A couple of phone calls with town gossip and everyone left him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've been quite negative on Season 3 and 4 so I do want to say that anything involving Dollar Bill being driven insane by having all the pressure of the job but none of the mythical praise that Axe gets is great. Him and the chickens and the boxing match with Mafee are gold.

Wendy dealing with the contradictions of being a doctor and helping deliver returns is also compelling.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Halfway through Season 5. I like it a lot more than 3 & 4.

I'm dying laughing at the episode I'm on. Chuck just threw wine on a Picasso and Taylor is doing a pitch perfect Mike Birbiglia impression.

lol everyone at Axe Cap is high on trucker speed and the Treasury Secretary is having a meltdown in a Cabinet meeting. This show should have leaned into being a cartoon comedy much soon. The shady kidney dealing doctor is a riot too

I like how they play off Giamatti losing like 60 lbs. in between episodes as "Oh, Chuck shaved his beard"

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Caught up to present. Glad I stuck with it despite Seasons 3 and 4. 5 and 6 have been a return to form.

Both the principals have made some real dumb mistakes (although the show seems to know it so I think I'm only spelling out the text here).

Chuck lost Sacker in the most obvious way ever. Incredibly stupid.

Prince shouldn't trust Taylor in the slightest. Madness to insist on keeping TMC. They just knifed their last owner and now you have trapped them and put them in a position where knifing you makes a lot of sense. And now they're dirtying up the clean shop.