Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
Maybe I'm just weird, but I'll be so loving annoyed if Axe and Wendy wind up sexually or romantically entangled with each other. I feel like their connection is oriented differently, where Wendy recognizes and reflects Axe's inner machinations with such clarity that sex or romance between them would be practically masturbatory. I can see how Axe's story about his realization of Wendy's importance a couple episodes ago could have been the writers setting up a romantic plotline, but I also interpreted it as an example of how she divined his inner struggles and then held him to account. She's a counterbalance to his ego that he himself lacks but needs to function as a complete human being. Then again, maybe I'm just romanticizing the hell out of her character's role within the show.

I did think the closing scene with Chuck was an ideal ending for him. He does poo poo in his position that fills him with enough self-loathing that he can fully submit to a good ol' whipping from the dominatrix? Fantastic! I'm almost sad next season is going to come around and gently caress that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

MiddleOne posted:

Am I the only one still rooting for Taylor coming out on top of this. :(

Not at all. I have a huge soft spot for Taylor, despite feeling like they've really compromised their morals. I'm pretty invested in seeing Sacker and Taylor (and formerly Connerty) come out in good shape at the end of the series, but I think Taylor's in too deep at this point to get away from the situation without a lot of pain. I'll be shamelessly thrilled if the writers find a way for them to walk away from the Axelrod/Rhoades conflict, though.