Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
I really like the performances on this show. I think it's the direction. This last episode had Paul Giamatti epitomizing a charismatic go-getter in a way that's well outside his usual zone.

Anyhow, it was a decent episode on the Rhoads side with some pretty big stakes coming up on both sides of his ledger, though I think the boat bits were overlong to convey Axe's cold ruthlessness when injured. I like his new girl, even if she's already becoming a bit flat.
I've always think Wendy doesn't fit in the show somehow. I root for Taylor way more than I should. Neither of them did much this ep except continue their current momentum. Be interesting to see how they interact next time, but I don't expect much will come of it given each's external equities don't allow a lot of influence here. But the show has surprised me before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

re: Wendy.

When your motives are inscrutable, your pain is likewise, and instead of empathy your crying evokes only confusion.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Taylor should go after Wendy for HIPAA violations and go public with it - Wendy wouldn’t be able to work in the medical profession again

Close enough to be impressive. In shows like this one ethics laws are always more like magic than science.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

First ep was bad and slow.

Second was a bit better. Been wanting a bit of a Wags deep dive.