Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Oasx posted:

I hope they don’t go that direction, Axe and Wendy having no romantic or sexual attraction to each other is one of the good things about the show.

I assumed they already slept with each other but never talk about it. I thought that was the whole "Lovers goodbye" thing from the first season. It could have been retconned, but that was totally the vibe I got from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
That was a fairly predictable ending.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

MiddleOne posted:

Am I the only one still rooting for Taylor coming out on top of this. :(

Every review I've read says they remain the only moral center, so either they will be corrupted, or stay pure.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I honestly kind of expected the students to start laughing at Axe as part of him getting kicked down in the early episodes but no, he got a standing ovation for his lovely speech.

Nahh, he basically came in and said gently caress the authority. Kids are going to clap for that.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I have a feeling Taylor is playing her to gently caress with Axe anyway. You already see the cracks a bit when she went against Axe in front of her. Even though he said it was the right thing, I think he was just saving whatever face he could there.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
As someone who liked Limitless and the series (which was better than the movie and incredibly underrated), this was a neat treat.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I said “you got Litt up” out loud when the Dr. said that.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

The long shot of him cooking eggs was strange and beautiful.

Was this a tribute to Big Night, or a happy coincidence?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Lewis is leaving the show for good? That's crazy, it's like not even the same show without him.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

NowonSA posted:

Axe is the guy who hosed over a former mentee because they had the sheer GALL to give the money Axe gave him back.

To be fair, that is not why he did it.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Axe was a struggling sociopath but Prince seems more nuanced, so I'm enjoying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
It's also to show a little bit of the cogitative dissonance by some of the players. You have the hippie girl planning to have a old school off the grid minimalist camping trip buying the top of the line gear costing tens of thousands of dollars and acting like she was still the minimum wage waitress she was previously.