Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

PowerBeard posted:

Feels like a race between Amazon Luna and GFN, where the former might not get enough AAA games and the latter will keep price gouging and also lose more AAA games.

Saltpowered posted:

They both will lose the race to Steam who is taking the “what if we made a product people actually want” approach rather than “The Cloud is the future.” The Deck eats a huge amount of their potential market.
A $400+ piece of hardware that you buy individual games on is not their competition. xCloud is going to kill Luna, but GFN will be fine as long as cloud gaming continues to not take off. Publishers are much more likely to accept GFN's "deal" (nothing but also they aren't involved in the sale of the game in any way) if nobody else is offering a better one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The last time I tried Luna it was somehow worse than stadia

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Luna was also hit pretty bad with the recent Amazon layoffs.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1615413602458177536?s=20

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
:gas:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Did wireless ever work right. When I gave up on stadia it still wasn't wireless for anything other than Chromecast

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

tater_salad posted:

Did wireless ever work right. When I gave up on stadia it still wasn't wireless for anything other than Chromecast

That's what the update that just released is going to fix.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"please wait to update your controller if you want to use it to play wirelessly on Stadia tomorrow"

:laffo:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Klyith posted:

but the celeste dev was extremely complimentary about the stadia dev experience. that ain't someone talking about 2 years of non-trivial work. though I guess he was already pretty comfortable with the linux part.

going by this it looks like the original celeste developer had someone else port it to stadia for them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

whaley posted:

going by this it looks like the original celeste developer had someone else port it to stadia for them

we should doxx them and ifn dout who. to kill them post haste ofc

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Stux posted:

Stux, head of Google product axing, ready to kill anything in a matter of months.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So you're going to order your Google hitsquad to get me next, knew this day would come... Or maybe Amazon.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...or something, I'm not putting in more effort than Google.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Neither did Google, they misspelt Stadia at one point.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Stux posted:

We all grieve in our own way.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

What ever happened to Hostile Apostle anyway?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Quietly disappeared when it became increasingly difficult to defend Stadia.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The best thing that came out of Stadia was this thread.

and this thread isn't very good.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

stadia died the way it lived.. awfully

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is it time to close the thread and archive it? I can't see how we can have any more interesting discussion besides 'lol, stadia dead' going forward.

The shutdown is done. Stadia gamers cannot game any more.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Is it time to close the thread and archive it? I can't see how we can have any more interesting discussion besides 'lol, stadia dead' going forward.

The shutdown is done. Stadia gamers cannot game any more.

No?
not yet.. we must outlast the stadia the shittiest of posts.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Stadia is as alive as my marriage! Can't wait to game in the attic crawl space using Onlive Streaming....

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The thread will be moved to the cloud, and can only be posted on with stadia controllers that aren't Bluetooth bricked

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The thread must live until at least 11:59:01 PM Pacific Standard Time tonight, or it has failed.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Seemlessly posting from my google glasses to my Stadia controller to my wifi enabled buttplug!

The future is now!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This thread was really funny when that one shill guy wouldn’t drop character or his bit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ehh that’s overselling it a bit. This thread has never been funny, but HA’s posts in it were both amusing before and after he was outed as an actual Google employee.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

PowerBeard posted:

Stadia is as alive as my marriage! Can't wait to game in the attic crawl space using Onlive Streaming....

Like signing divorce papers posted:

I just switched both my Stadia controllers to Bluetooth mode .... from now on there is no going back. Although there is no future either.

It still felt painful ... like signing divorce papers while still loving your ex-partner.

Farewell, Stadia! I will never forget you! Through your controllers, I will always be reminded of the good old days with you in the future!

quote:

Such a great comparison!

I'll probably do one tonight for testing, but the other controller I'll wait until after the shutdown party

quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. lol

On one side I'm thinking, YES LET'S DO THIS! But reading that "Switching is permanent" warning. We know it's gone after tomorrow, but hitting that button is like the final stage in accepting that it's gone.

Well, at least with this update we'll still have custody of the kids.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

thank you for going on reddit and suffering for our amusement.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The five stages of grief:
  • Denial
  • Anger
  • Bargaining
  • Depression
  • Switching your controller to Bluetooth mode

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gobbeldygook posted:

A $400+ piece of hardware that you buy individual games on is not their competition. xCloud is going to kill Luna, but GFN will be fine as long as cloud gaming continues to not take off. Publishers are much more likely to accept GFN's "deal" (nothing but also they aren't involved in the sale of the game in any way) if nobody else is offering a better one.

It’s not their competition for the barely existent market for cloud only gaming. It is going to further reduce their market share by taking people who might get interested in cloud gaming out of the market entirely.

There’s just not a large enough market for cloud only, no hardware gaming that makes it profitable currently. These companies are all operating at a major loss. By removing any customers from their already small potential market, the Deck does more damage to them than one of their competitors.

I say this as someone who has used these services and thinks the concept is cool. The market just isn’t there.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just made the update to my stadia controller and it's now 21 grams lighter. RIP Stadia.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Did you feel like you were getting a divorce? I'll be your stadia divorce representative. 195/hr 2 hour minimum

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm sad whoever owns this forgot about it and hasn't updated it

http://stadiacountdown.com/

Still over 300 days left until average

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This thread was really funny when that one shill guy wouldn’t drop character or his bit.
Especially when he tried to dunk on the forums closing first.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

pixaal posted:

I'm sad whoever owns this forgot about it and hasn't updated it

http://stadiacountdown.com/

Still over 300 days left until average

Oh lol, I forgot it flopped that far ahead of average :dumbbravo:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I ASTROTURFED A CLOUD STREAMING SERVICE FOR GOOGLE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Happy Stadia Death Day to all who celebrate!

gschmidl posted:

...or something, I'm not putting in more effort than Google.
https://i.imgur.com/jMaRxwh.mp4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 19, 2023