Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Never a bad reason to bump thread.

Slayers X twitter account is Zane1990 from the game, both literally and figuratively. It is a treat to scroll through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hope it's okay to bump this, surprised no one's mentioned yet that Slayers X is coming out June 1st. It is still perfect. :allears:

Also I swore there was a This Profile Is Protected By Beef Shield Pro gang tag but I must be misremembering. That would be neat.

Oop new page, let's give this a bump-er-roo

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Something that gave me slight Hypnospace Outlaw vibes were these videos, dives into long dead virtual worlds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDfvNqPILg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzoJe72_0nA

Also reminds me of the game Hypnospace Outlaw is bundled with, Broken Reality of course.

I didn't even know most of these existed.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Meanwhile, Hot Dad (and presumably Chowder Man) is having trouble adapting to the modern Mario - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1gWsuiCAY

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Some times life is hard, the rest of the time I remember this Hot Dad song exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8We8HChN3a8

Here at something awful dot com, I want to salute this visionary of using the internet to send text. Maybe some day images and sound :unsmith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This is giving me such huge cruelty squad vibes. I think it's the HUD.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's fuckin happening tomorrow dudes!

https://twitter.com/rubyrangerr/status/1663928836814417927?t=lkkt1_NQowpvb_BR7OjJNw&s=19

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I can't wait to make some psykos eat my terds!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fuckin hype!!!

https://twitter.com/Zane_Rocks_36/status/1664192015540559872?t=jFTa_ttYIMx8EKZgvZSGhg&s=19

Let's goooooooooo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh hell yeah game of the year incoming

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

When is Slayers X gonna be out on Playstation?

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Zane being a diehard Dreambox 360 internet warrior and not releasing on other consoles would be pretty on brand.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hypnospace Outlaw is $6.99 on Steam right now, so be sure to tell all your friends to play it. :colbert:

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020
I hope the Slayers X soundtrack goes up on bandcamp. I mean, I haven't heard any of it yet, but how could it not be awesome?

moosferatu fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 1, 2023

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
It shall tomorrow!

Ineffiable posted:

When is Slayers X gonna be out on Playstation?

Playstation and Switch will be out at the same time in a few months. Maybe 3ish? Also gonna work on a big ol' postscript story map with a new enemy type as a free update to coincide. Now that I know the tech I can make big maps without tanking performance. :blastu:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gaspy Conana posted:

It shall tomorrow!

Playstation and Switch will be out at the same time in a few months. Maybe 3ish? Also gonna work on a big ol' postscript story map with a new enemy type as a free update to coincide. Now that I know the tech I can make big maps without tanking performance. :blastu:

Thank you for replying! It is absolutely a day one buy from me on Playstation!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gaspy Conana posted:

It shall tomorrow!

You're the man. Gonna buy as soon as I get home.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Gaspy Conana posted:

It shall tomorrow!

Can't wait to dive into this! Literally! I am blowing off work as I speak to purchase and play this game!

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Is there a way to give cheese to the rat king?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Sardonik posted:

Is there a way to give cheese to the rat king?

yeah he's in multiple maps. in the subsequent map they'll help out fighting a bit more if you do it. which map are you in?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Gaspy Conana posted:

yeah he's in multiple maps. in the subsequent map they'll help out fighting a bit more if you do it. which map are you in?

Just made it to E0M2. Will keep an eye out!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Game kicks rear end so far, playing through on the top difficulty, going for 100% everything. Taking a break after finding myself in an arena in map 4 that I definitely needed to enter with more health.

edit: going to have to wait for a hotfix; I find that state isn't consistently saved, such that saving and loading before hitting the button after clearing the initial set of enemies in the big fight in map four causes all enemies from both waves to spawn.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 2, 2023

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just got to uncle Gopher's house... it didn't click until I reached the stairs with the window.

:grovertoot:

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 3, 2023

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
heh heh

Discendo Vox posted:

Game kicks rear end so far, playing through on the top difficulty, going for 100% everything. Taking a break after finding myself in an arena in map 4 that I definitely needed to enter with more health.

edit: going to have to wait for a hotfix; I find that state isn't consistently saved, such that saving and loading before hitting the button after clearing the initial set of enemies in the big fight in map four causes all enemies from both waves to spawn.

yeah we've got that fixed! just gotta get it out in a patch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Playing really slowly through the game, not really avoiding streamer spoilers because the game is just so fun to watch and there is so much detail in the game that's it's still fun to explore even if you've seen some of the stuff already.

I like the little glimpses into Zane's mind, like he added random lipstick tubes, makeup kits and bras to Steffanie's apartment to show that a girl lives there. Even his mom's space has like three random tubes of lipstick, because of course.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Just beat the first level and all the little references to his life and goofs about how he actually kinda likes his current job, as well as the surprising pain in his voice when he says he misses his mother, really charmed me...this game is a treat. And it really does play like a 3D Realms shooter. I am having a wonderful time. :allears:

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Civvie11, a pretty big name youtube FPS 'critic' just put out a glowing 30 minute review of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrAcCXoH0Y

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
On a scale of 1-10, how much does this game make me feel like Zane hosed my mom?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Crass Casualty posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how much does this game make me feel like Zane hosed my mom?

Zane's more into GILFs but since you asked, this game is an 11 on the Bangin-Your-Mom-o-Meter

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

The music in this rules. Like the 'Outside Freaker' track that plays throughout the dollarshave/laundrymat level straight up feels like a lost Vigilante 8 (n64 version) track.

E: oh my god I just realized there's Trennis in Cult Die sack.

E2: Aw man, softlocked in the room where you push the button that shoves you away and spawns in enemies. No doors are opening, and I think there might be an enemy trapped behind a closed door that I can't kill, Dang!

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 5, 2023

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

TwoDayLife posted:

Civvie11, a pretty big name youtube FPS 'critic' just put out a glowing 30 minute review of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrAcCXoH0Y

Is that a Fiesta Cat at 10:18? :fiesta:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Sardonik posted:

The music in this rules. Like the 'Outside Freaker' track that plays throughout the dollarshave/laundrymat level straight up feels like a lost Vigilante 8 (n64 version) track.

E: oh my god I just realized there's Trennis in Cult Die sack.

E2: Aw man, softlocked in the room where you push the button that shoves you away and spawns in enemies. No doors are opening, and I think there might be an enemy trapped behind a closed door that I can't kill, Dang!

are you on game pass or steam? we encountered that one a week ago and (i thought) fixed it in the Steam version just in time for launch.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
The internet level was weird. First time I got stuck with no weapons and nowhere to enter and no enemies. Second time I dashed across the bridge and finished the level in 10 seconds

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Jarvisi posted:

The internet level was weird. First time I got stuck with no weapons and nowhere to enter and no enemies. Second time I dashed across the bridge and finished the level in 10 seconds

ah that shouldn't be possible. are you on game pass or Steam?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Gaspy Conana posted:

are you on game pass or steam? we encountered that one a week ago and (i thought) fixed it in the Steam version just in time for launch.

This is on Steam

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gaspy Conana posted:

ah that shouldn't be possible. are you on game pass or Steam?

I'm on steam. I dashed and jumped across the bridge as it was exploding. Ended the level without finding the medallion.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
gah, ok thanks!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Game rules.

Zane hosed my mom.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The S-blade has a hackblood charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Zane is funny but I'm not super into old school doom style shooters, when's Dreamsettler coming out that's what I want to know