Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Who the hell needs cable when you have hyper specific content creators?

Defunctland - Some dude details the history of numerous theme parks and rides. Has a long running ongoing series of Walt getting his whole thing up and running, but also details specific parks, rides, and other tangential parts of the (US) theme park industry. Also does occasional videos about old kids shows from time to time. Well produced and put together.

Hitting trees with sticks - Does what it says on the tin. Extremely on brand.

Joseph “Joey Jo Jo” Anderson - Remember that Plinkett review that was longer than the movie it was reviewing? This crazy son of a bitch recently put up a 4 hour review of the Witcher game. No, not that one. The first one. It’s part 1.

FLEB - Some dude talks about and reviews puzzles and puzzle games from across the world. Sort of fell off the face of the earth, but the catalogue is worth looking through.

Luetin09 - Some dude does deep dives on 40k lore. Good stuff if you have a passing interest in the universe but don’t actually want to read the books or spend millions of dollars on figures.

Odd Tinkering - Some German dude fixes and restores stuff. No music, no talking. Just tools, the process, and occasional goofy jokes.

Practical Engineering - Some dude teaches you applied engineering concepts as a means to continue his pipe construction fetish.

Summoming Salt - Some dude talks about the speed running history for a given game.

Technology Connections - Man with the world’s best/worst jacket blazer thing talks about bits and pieces of tech and does the research legwork on the subject matter. Has an 18 minute video on traffic lights that I’ve never been able to watch through without falling asleep and I mean this as the highest possible compliment.

Dan Bell/Dead Malls - Some dude visits and walks around old malls that haven’t had fully populated storefronts since the 70s/80s/90s. Fascinating in a “American consumerism cultural cosmic horror” sort of way. Occasionally does a bit of urbex for the REALLY dead malls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Knob Feel is a channel all about that K N O B F E E L. Audio equipment dials that is you perverts. No words just guttural reactions. It’s a beautiful highly specific highly stupid thing. Peak YouTube. Fella just updated for the first time in a hot minute today, so take a look.

https://youtu.be/M4VfzMbn28E

On a separate matter, anyone got dad/parenting review channels they’re partial to? Got a kiddo coming along and good lord there is all manner of bullshit to be had. Dad Verb has come up in our circles and seems decent.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh, you mean the Beowulf knockoff? Though I’m sure there is an Eastern contemporary that likely predates it. Journey to the West maybe?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That one was a ride. I’m curious what the reason for the SSD and nvme drives not working was. I feel for the guy but it was like watching my parents purchase a computer.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

LGIO is fun, but the soft backing track he uses in all his videos has a really specific “click” in it every few seconds that for some reason is incredibly noticeable if I watch it on my laptop. Isn’t a problem on any of my other machines.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh that’s the same dude? I enjoyed his stuff on TT.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

cosmo sex tip posted:

This dude rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXjiV_DWX6s

The Carpetbagger is an ordinary family man who makes very good, well-edited videos about his passion in life: road-tripping all over the USA visiting roadside attractions, tourist traps, haunted houses, amusement parks, museums and other random Places Of Interest. I found him while looking for videos on OmegaMart, which he has a great video on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZMc0EMmm4

He checks with each location before posting videos of the insides of them, but the ones where he can film inside are edited for the best content so as not to just be "here's the entire attraction so you don't have to pay to get in". They're great little reviews, and his love and joy of all these weird little slices of cheesy Americana really shines through no matter how dumpy and out-of-date the interior, no matter how creepy and barely-functional the animatronic, no matter how bizarre the subject matter. In the time of Covid when I'm really missing vacations, these are little slices of escapist happiness. This guy's content deserves a lot more praise than he gets, for the dedication alone.

Although maybe give it a pass if you're scared of clowns, animatronics, ventriloquist dummies, mannequins or the like. There are just so, so many creepy mannequins in there. Jesus, there's a lot.

This is super cool and good but how the gently caress is he doing nearly daily uploads? These aren’t short and have a decent amount of editing going on. Just getting to these places would take more time than seems feasible for his cadence.

Also the ant guys are super neat, thanks for sharing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh that’s nice. The animated bird people are also good at that but had to do a couple of videos of “hey it’s not completely hopeless” due to the sheer despair caused.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Post 10 is some rando in New England that drives around and clears out blocked culverts among other things. There’s something weirdly cathartic about the whole affair and if you’re even vaguely interested about civil engineering it’s interesting to see how these sorts of problems are solved. Water management is far more important and complex than you likely realize.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Need to take this chance to post the greatest bit of audio on the internet: https://youtu.be/N7rilvZwnzM

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This is extremely my jam, thanks

Edit: drat you goon, now I’m pricing out stream tables

Warbird has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Aug 31, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh that’s funny. I saw the opening of this video as an out of context gif on Twitter this morning and assumed it was from a game or something.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What are Don’s and Torbjörn’s posting statuses since the war started?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Thanks to the power of Youtube, I discovered a series I didn't even know existed: Computer Chronicles.

https://www.youtube.com/@ComputerChroniclesYT/videos

They have entire episodes of this show going back to around the time I was born. It's pretty fascinating to see how much computing has changed in my lifetime.

If you’re feeling frisky you can up and download most of the run from archive.org via this handy GitHub repo: https://github.com/jwhittaker/computerchronicles

I have a dizqueTV stream going 24x7 of the stuff and it rules.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve never been able to get through bud traffic/yellow light video without falling asleep. I view this as a good thing, very zen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Motherfuckers, if you aren't on that Marc Rebillet Sunday afternoon stream jam train you are absolutely missing out on my favorite content on the Internet for some time now. Just check this bit out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5atn-z-ddg&t=7551s

Dude's a talented improv techno busker and the streams frequently have people he knows drop by to do vocals or just as often randos rolling up and rapping or whatever. The saxophone dude in the linked clip absolutely kills it.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 04:44 on May 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That seems cool as hell, thanks for sharing