Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

precision posted:

A Tier:
Cha-cha
Hazel
Grace

Who the gently caress is Grace? Is that the donut lady? Anyway, the show was ok and decently entertaining. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about how good the music is, but I thought it was mostly kind of bad. Robert Sheehan is a very good looking man. I will probably watch season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Lycus posted:

Yeah, she was on board with quitting until she realized Hazel wanted to bring donut lady too.

Yeah, she decided not to kill him at first because she thought his speech in the woods was about her. But then she realized he was talking about donut lady and got real malicious after that.

I didn't really care about those either of those characters much though. I wouldn't be sad if we never saw them again.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Last ep: Did Vanya intend to bring down the moon or did she loose control by accident/due to being startled?

I think she was unconscious at that point, wasn't she? Allison had just fired the gun right next to her head, which knocks her out for whatever reason. And then the laser beam shoots out of her, which just so happens to be aimed directly at the moon. I didn't see Vanya having any specific plan really, it seemed like she just wanted to gently caress things up at that point.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So I finished the second season and it was pretty good. Definitely a step up from the first one, which was way more style than substance. Now it's a bit more even. 5 and Ellen Page are still the best. Marin Ireland was cool too. Weirdly enough, I really liked Diego this time around. I barely remember him from the first season, other than him brooding a lot and throwing knives around. It was a good idea to emphasize his dumbassness, like him and Luther calling up Olga. Otherwise he's just some boring dude.

I ended up liking Lila a lot too, although it took a few episodes. I did think it was a little weird that apparently no one bats an eye at an Indian woman walking around early 1960s Dallas, given how much time is spent on Allison's civil rights plot. But I got the impression everyone's storylines were written separately.

And finally, I agree with Esco that a lot of the music choices are not very good. They're either too obvious (that Crazy cover, oof) or it's yet another fight scene set to an upbeat pop song, which gets a bit boring when it happens multiple times an episode. The point about them propping up a lazy scene rather than elevating a good one is pretty spot on. There's just so many of them too. Still an improvement over last season though, and Sunny is a really catchy song.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yeah, I don't really care about her. I don't hate her or anything, but she's not very compelling.

I'm excited for season 3 because Reginald makes for a better villain. What a lovely guy. And the Sparrow Academy has the potential to be pretty cool. Presumably they're all new people with different powers, except for Ben, and actually successful given that they're still working together in 2019. They're probably all a bunch of losers though, like Luther before he wised up.