Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Ah jeez they're dumping the whole thing at once, this thread is gonna be classified FBI documents for days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I just saw that Netflix is still doing this model. That sucks. Nice to meet you guys. See you in a while.

Yeah I still haven't watched the Stranger Things episodes that dropped a few weeks back because it's something like 9 hours of media and that's a bit daunting, and also since it dropped all at once no one is talking about it anymore. Literally the only thing that's been spoiled for me is that episode 4 is a banger.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Binged this over the past two days, Definitely still some poo poo I don't understand, but overall it was real enjoyable. Had to try and remember what happened in the first two seasons though.

So Old Five is from a timeline where he fought the Guardians (missing arm) but did NOT get his injuries reset and powers taken away (in theory)? That doesn't make sense but then it was a paradox proof room.

Reginald must have originally intended to betray Allison, if Klaus hadn't shown up (or was Regi counting on this?) she'd have had to stand on one of the stars. Or, as he said, his plan wasn't thought out that far because he didn't know.

Either way Allison still has her powers because she still has her injuries, I wonder if that was Regi's intention or not.

Also imagine you have a 9 second pregnancy and then on top of that you give birth to a loving cube.

RIP Sloane. gently caress you Allison, I assume she's responsible for that. I wonder if Allison is going to be the season 4 villain if there is another season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Klaus had a cult and had his Ben perform magic for him

pik_d fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 3, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TraderStav posted:

I thought it may have been when Harlan entered the picture and it came out that he killed their mothers, but again…. That didn’t impact her husband or child disappearing.

Yes it did, Allison's mother died early in this timeline, so Allison never existed, so Claire never existed. Allison's husband went and married a different black lady and had a different child. If Harlan hadn't prevented Allison from being born then, in theory, she'd still have had Claire in this timeline.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TraderStav posted:

So the reason the other 6 were selected to be in the academy was because the mothers were killed and not because Reggie picked different children… for some reason I had it in my head that he selected different ones because of the encounter in 1963 AND it so happened that the mothers dying prevented the chance of the academy from bumping into themselves. I thought that was a plot device for that, but now I see it was the other way around.

I was thinking that even if the original 6 existed in this timeline, she wouldn’t have had the same daughter or husband as without the academy she wouldn’t have met him, etc….

That does make more sense now that I see that.

The show basically led us to that conclusion, I don't remember if the Umbrella siblings came to that conclusion or if Regi said something to that effect, but it was said in the show I'm pretty sure.

You're also right that Claire likely wouldn't exist because of Allison's life being different, but Allison blames the people who made it impossible for Claire to have existed because she's in grief.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, specifically in the 'anger' phase.

Then she moved on to make a literal bargain! I hadn't thought about that part of it before. I wonder if we'll get another season so we can see depression and acceptance, or if she'll have to start all over?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I just wonder if things will culminate in Five’s establishment of the Commission as a bulwark against Reggie’s fuckery

That clearly didn't work though because Five didn't listen to Old-Five.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So Hargreeves's entire plan was about reviving his wife, or whoever that was frozen on the moon?

The only reason he took the children in was to train them to the point where they would be able to face the guardians in the other hotel. All the abuse, all the crime fighting just so they would be good enough to last a few minutes against the cockroach samurai.

Then to be sacrificed to power the universal machine.

No wonder he never formed any bonds with them. Trained them from birth to kill them.

Frozen on the moon, but also on her death bed on that alien planet. He's kept her around for a while.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Sloth Life posted:

I hope Fives actor gets lots of roles coming in, he acts everyone off the screen.

Edit- lol he's better than 90pc of the stranger things cast and younger too

Could Five help Eleven by teleporting straight to the Upside Down?? :thunk:

Or would Eleven just get PTSD from seeing someone else with a number for a name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cool, always good to know it's the final season going into it so it can be wrapped up satisfyingly.