Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which episode changed his mind?
S2E01
S2E02
S2E03
S2E04
S2E05
S2E06
S2E07
S2E08
S2E09
S2E10
S2EGoku
View Results

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Megillah Gorilla posted:

None of the Umbrella Academy are innocents at this point, except maybe Klaus. But I was really not enjoying Allison's character for most of the season.

Still, she probably has the best reason of any of them for ending up like that - both her lover from the 60s and her child were gone - she had every right to be angry.

edit: Let's make a list.

1) Luther - was a kneecapper for a loan shark in the past.
2) Diego - stabs people, low rent batman.
3) Allison - murders Lester in cold blood, tries to rape Luther.
4) Klaus - mostly harmless.
5) Five - time travelling mass murderer.
6) Ben - never really see "our" Ben apart from when he hentaied those bank robbers as a kid.
7) Viktor - ends the world. Twice. Almost.

I really struggled with this season. I feel like I missed something with Allison and Viktor. When Viktor transitioned and announced it they had some very touching moments and then on a drop of a hat she turned on him, I cannot recall the precipitating event. Sure, Viktor was responsible for multiple apocalypses but that happened before these ‘touching moments’ they shared.

I thought it may have been when Harlan entered the picture and it came out that he killed their mothers, but again…. That didn’t impact her husband or child disappearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

pik_d posted:

Yes it did, Allison's mother died early in this timeline, so Allison never existed, so Claire never existed. Allison's husband went and married a different black lady and had a different child. If Harlan hadn't prevented Allison from being born then, in theory, she'd still have had Claire in this timeline.

So the reason the other 6 were selected to be in the academy was because the mothers were killed and not because Reggie picked different children… for some reason I had it in my head that he selected different ones because of the encounter in 1963 AND it so happened that the mothers dying prevented the chance of the academy from bumping into themselves. I thought that was a plot device for that, but now I see it was the other way around.

I was thinking that even if the original 6 existed in this timeline, she wouldn’t have had the same daughter or husband as without the academy she wouldn’t have met him, etc….

That does make more sense now that I see that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I took Allison's ability not working on Regi because he's an alien, but who knows.