Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

This is a cool idea!! I'm just getting into the game (almost through chapter 3 thanks to some awesome goon friend echelons) so it will be cool to follow along with a vet and look back at story beats after I'm into it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 1, Part 1

So, we've finished our tutorial, and our plucky heroine M4A1 is currently AWOL along with the rest of the AR Team. What's a commander to do? Do drills, apparently. Let's dive in.

Music: DAY1

Here we have our home screen looking more or less as it would for a new player. I even set the adjutant to the default one. Meet Nagant Revolver, called M1895 in EN to avoid copyright issues. She's a pretty decent HG, which means that we're not seeing her for a while because I've already leveled her up a bunch :v:

Normally right out of the prologue the game will force you into a very guided tutorial that encompasses the first stage and a bit, which I'll have to recreate because this is my actual account. But first, let's meet the team that I've chosen for this very important task.

: Super SASS reporting in, commander! If you need a target taken down, I'll try my best!
: SSG-69 repo-
: *giggle* Nice.
: ???
: Never mind, carry on.
: A-as I was saying, SSG-69 reporting, commander. I allow only the most beautiful shots under my watch.
: *snrk* CZ-805. Looking forward to working with you, commander.
: I'm MT-9! Nice to meet you all.
: Bren Ten!

Here's a quick list of their skill descriptions. I'll go more into how skills work in a mechanics post, but for now, keep in mind that there are the numbers when the skills are fully upgraded.

Super SASS: Aimed Shot
16s cooldown, 10s initial cooldown. After taking aim for 1.5 seconds, shoot a specific target for 5.5x Super SASS's damage.
SSG-69: Firepower Focus
8.0s cooldown, 5s initial cooldown. Increases SSG 69's damage by 60.0% for 5.0 seconds.
CZ-805: High-Explosive Grenade
16.0s cooldown, 8s initial cooldown. Launch a grenade that deals 4.5/1.8/1.0 times CZ-805s damage to enemies within a radius of 1.0/2.5/4.0 unit.
MT-9: Flashbang
16.0s cooldown, 5.0s initial cooldown. Throws a flashbang that stuns enemies within a 2.5 unit radius for 3.5 seconds.
Bren Ten: Fire Command
12s cooldown, 6s initial cooldown. Increases all allies damage by 18% for 8 seconds.

These skills range from actually pretty decent (Bren Ten) to lol-gently caress-off terrible (CZ-805). Now that our team is fully introduced, let's get right to it. I click on the combat screen...

Music: HORIZON

...and this is what the inside looks like.

Chapter 1-1: Drill

Music: Home Formation

: This is your first time at Griffin's Control Center, isn't it? How are you feeling?
: I'm so glad you've decided to join us at Griffin.
: Let me introduce myself. I'm Kalina, your logistics officer.
: Just call me Kalin. And you are...?
: "Choose us. Join us. Griffin Security Contractor, the shining beacon in a brave new world!"
: That's right. Starting from today, you're a Tactical Commander under Griffin!
: ...Hmm, you're still wondering whether you're up for the job?
: Don't worry. Griffin's selection process is notoriously tough.
: If you can pass the test, there must be some promising talent in you.
: And I'll help you dig out this talent... and see what you're made of.
: Now, please switch to your tactical map.

: Your T-Dolls are in position and ready to deploy.
: Please deploy them and begin the drill!

Music: SAFETY FIRST.A (This is the map music for all of Chapter 1)

Here's how the tactical map looks like on initialization. There's a decent amount of things to look at, but first, we click on the Command Post to summon in our echelon.

: Oh boy, our first time on the field as a team! Let's work together, everyone!
: Yeah!
: You're a right proper girl scout aren't you?
: Well, I've found that it pays to be enthusiastic when it comes to shooting.

Let's take things bit by bit. Firstly, looking next to SASS's echelon is a bubble that displays a decent chunk of info. Current total HP of the echelon, the echelon's current combat strength, and current ammo and ration stocks. Your echelons cannot fight at all without ammunition or on empty stomachs. You start off with 10 rations and 5 ammunition. 1 ammo pack is consumed per fight you get into. 1 ration is consumed for every fight you get into AND every turn that passes. You can only restock at command posts and helipads (for now). This is the meat of GFL's tactical thinking. Planning out the most resource-efficient way of getting to resupply points on your way to completing the objective is the main point of the game.

Starting from the top and going clockwise, we see the current turn timer, your current resources (rip my ammo stocks), fairy commands (more on that much much later, ignore it for now), the Start Operation button which will turn into the End Turn button once we start the mission, remaining enemies left/enemies destroyed, Select Operation which is just a button to take you back to the menu, and the combat summary. Let's click on combat summary.

Here we have our mission objective along with our criteria for the different levels of ranking. In normal maps the objective is pretty much always to capture the enemy command post. For the medals, Bronze and Silver levels are pretty self-explanatory. Gold medal is pretty much a speed-clear objective and tends to be incompatible with completing the Silver medal. To prevent you from beelining the enemy command post, you do have to kill a minimum amount of enemies without losing any echelons of your own. Let's click Start Operation.

A few new UI elements creep in. Action Points are how many nodes you can move during your turn. You can increase Action Points (AP) by two methods: a) summoning in more echelons b) capturing helipads. Each echelon/helipad adds 1 to your AP for next turn.

A zoomed out look at the full map. It's pretty simple considering it's the first one. Let's tap on Super SASS's echelon quickly.

Whilst we're on a helipad, we have access to emergency repairs (repair a T-Doll to full health instantly at the cost of Quick Repair Tickets and more resources than normal, along with forfeiting the Gold medal for the map) and Resupply, which replenishes that echelon's ammo and rations. You can also tap Echelon Formation on the bottom left to rearrange your echelon on the 3x3 grid. This does not let you swap out dolls from your echelon or change equipment mid-battle. Retreat is exactly what it sounds like.

If we click Terminate Mission at the top, we get these two options. They're pretty self-explanatory. The only difference is that Terminate Mission brings you back to the menu whilst Restart Battle just restarts the map.

This is the combat log. I never look at it.

This is Planning Mode, the main reason why I still play this game. I can automate grinding whilst watching anime like the degenerate I am :v: How it works is pretty simple. Tap Planning Mode, tap the echelon you want to move then the nodes you want to move through. That easy. In EN it's pretty barebones, only supporting one turn's worth of moves, but CN has recently launched an improved version that includes planning over multiple turns and doubling back, which I await with bated breath.

Let's get fighting, shall we?

This is what it looks like when you run over one of the ? nodes. Normally you just lose or gain a handful of resources, but on some maps they have a chance of enemy ambush, which still eats up your ammo and rations. On maps with that risk, plan to resupply accordingly.

We reach the training dummy. The little number next to it indicates its strength, not that this specific enemy fights back.

Music: SAFETY FIRST.B (Likewise, this is the battle music for all of Chp 1)

Here's the battle screen. It was over before I could even get a good screenshot. A quick rundown of the battle screen, again from top clockwise: the pause button, which also allows you to withdraw your echelon, a bit of fluff padding (the timer isn't important except for one very small part of the game), the auto-skill use button (which I completely forgot to press for this update :v: ), the DPS meters (not true DPS, but % damage dealt is good enough for now) , and at the bottom, the skills. Press 'em to use 'em.

It would have been very impressive if this battle was not a success.

Here's what the post-battle recap screen looks like. It shows stuff like experience gained, who's the leader (the first doll in your echelon), the MVP (most % damage dealt) and cute victory animations. The leader and the MVP get bonus xp. If the leader is the MVP, the xp gain stacks. The summary screen also shows how well you did for that battle specifically with rankings from C to S. The criteria for battle rankings is more nebulous compared to map rankings, so I'm not entirely sure on specifics.

: Every shot perfect. Just as it should be.
: It was a stationary target. I'd be worried if every shot wasn't perfect.
: Now, now. Even with a sniper rifle it can be hard to get good shots at target practice. It's all experience for when we run into the real thing!

Once we're back on the main map, we quickly tap on the command post before we end the turn, just so I can show off another mechanic.

The echelon summon screen looks exactly the same as the initial screen pre-battle-start. Just keep in mind that once battle starts, it costs one AP to summon in another echelon.

If you scroll down a bit you can see the button for support/friend echelons. Clicking on it will bring up this menu (Hi Danann!). This lets you bring in your friends' super echelons to carry you through the game. I'm not gonna use them right now, and will save explaining the finer details for a mechanics post. Now, let's go back to the map and click End Turn.

Music: Victory Fanfare

There we go, mission complete. I'm pretty sure it's impossible not to get all 3 medals in 1-1 at once if you do it properly. If only the other stages were so easy. Silver medals, in particular, are incredibly annoying and tedious to get.

: :toot: Wonder if we'll get a raise soon.

For our troubles, we get an M1911 drop. I believe an S-rank map completion guarantees a drop from the drop table.

At that moment...

: Oh, thank goodness! Safe at last! Could you take me with you?
: Thank you so much, Commander! I'll do my best!

so we've brought her back along with our troops.

: Thank goodness you took her in, that poor thing.
: Sangvis attacks have intensified all of a sudden in the last few days.
: We've lost a few command posts, and lots of T-Dolls were either stranded or left behind...
: So if it's possible, please save as many of 'em as you can.
: Not just to expand our forces, but also to save HQ some manufacturing orders.
: And more importantly, these T-Dolls are all hella cute!
: ...I know right? I just knew you'd love 'em!
: Human or T-Doll, we all have our own missions, and are all irreplaceable members of Griffin.
: With that in mind, I'm sure you'll rock this job!
: Now to give you a better idea of your job, Commander...

: It is our duty to accept commissions from financial groups and other organizations and safeguard human settlements.
: As of now, the biggest threats to our territories are rogue T-Dolls manufactured by Sangvis Ferri.

: I'm sure you'll do great. The drill result speaks for itself, right?
: Then that settles it! For the sake of everyone at Griffin, please make good use of your talent!
: And that's the end of this operation, Commander.
: Oh, remember to check your list of [Quests] and accept that T-Doll's enlistment!

Thanks for that 4th wall break at the end, Kalina. I already picked up Sten MkII long ago.

Kalina's report: Today, our commander officially reported for duty and started our first drill with my assistance.

Chapter 1-2: Transport the Injured

Music: Frontline

Control Center in Area S09 under Griffin jurisdiction.
Preparing to commence our next drill as planned...

: We should be continuing with our drills, but there's been a change of plans...
: HQ needs whatever help they can get, so...

???: ... Let me explain.

: Eek! ...Then I'll leave it to you, Miss Helian.

A video call from HQ is patched through.

: Greetings, Commander.
: This is Helianthus, Senior Acting Officer of Griffin.
: Let's skip the pleasantries. And for efficiency's sake, just call me Helian.
: As you know, Sangvis Ferri has recently launched multiple attacks in Area S09 without prior notice.
: This is a huge blow on Griffin's reputation so the higher-ups are taking this very seriously.
: As HQ takes on the Sangvis forces, they've also sent me to investigate the reason behind their sudden riot.
: Words from above, Commander, are that you'll be assisting me in my work till it's done.

: Our commander just reported for duty and has only participated in one drill. In terms of experience...
: *sigh* ...I know this might be stretching it a bit, but we don't have time or manpower to spare.
: But don't worry, Commander. Judging from your past results, you're more than qualified for this mission.
: As for experience, you can always get it on the real battlefield...

: They're very few in number, but we can't possibly let them roam free in times like this.
: Please dispatch troops to the designated locations. Destroy the Sangvis forces and command posts to prevent our intel from being leaked.
: That is all, Commander. Do your best and show us what you're worth.

Welcome to 1-2. Before we do anything else, I resupply the echelon. With default settings this automatically happens whenever you start a turn on the command post/a helipad, but I've disabled it on my account for better control of when to resupply. Saves a few resources.

Here's the full map of 1-2, along with its medal requirements. I'm going to try my best to get Gold medals for all the maps. As you can see here, we need to finish in 3 turns after defeating 4 enemies. Conveniently, there's only 4 enemies on the map, and these guys don't respawn or move. I move the echelon up to the helipad.

We finally start fighting SF forces. These guys are the Prowlers They're medium-ranged enemies with low damage and accuracy. Chump change. We get a nice new battleground background to fight in too.

I'm skipping the SF turns for now because these guys don't move. We've captured the helipad, which like I've said before gives us an extra AP. I'm going to swing us around past the enemy command post and get all 3 mobs in one turn. This will leave us with one more turn to capture the command post, which is more than enough.

Like so. We've hit the kill requirement, all that's left to do is to move to the command post.

Easy peasy.

: Y'know, why don't we come up with an echelon name? It'll make us easier to refer to.
: Sure, why not.
: Hmm... how about... Sniper Squad?
: Bren Ten.
: She's right. We're not all snipers.
: Oh... Man, this is harder than I expected it to be.
: Well, may I humbly suggest the SSG-69 Soro-
: I know! Why not the Super Sorority, because Super SASS is our leader?
: Aw, shucks, MT-9. I dunno, it's a bit embarrassing...
: I'm down for Super Sorority.
: 3 votes. We're the Super Sorority now.
: Well, if you insist...
: Hmph.

...We successfully crushed the Sangvis squad and destroyed the communications system in their command post.

: No... I must say, your performance against the Sangvis forces far exceeded my expectations.
: Hmm? Is there something you're not clear on Sangvis Ferri?
: ...True. The enlistment was a bit rushed so you haven't had much chance to acquire more information.

: Due to their possession of some undisclosed technology, Sangvis T-Dolls have extremely high battle efficiency.
: However, not long ago, their T-Dolls suddenly went rogue and launched indiscriminate attacks against all humans within their factory.
: They are now occupying a vast area of human settlements and strategically expanding their territory.

Y'know, I'm not entirely sure why Helian's portrait becomes the non-comms version here. I think you're still supposed to be in a call with her. Chalk it up to a bug, I guess.
: As their territory borders areas under Griffin's jurisdiction, we have been recruiting suitable candidates to assume command and coordinate our operations.
: And so, Commander, once again I welcome you to Griffin.
: No matter what the future has in store for us, I thank you for being here today.

...Click. An incoming call request from HQ pinged in the channel.

: Sorry, give me a second...

Helian turns and corresponds with HQ.

: Yes... Yes.
: Hmm? Those T-Dolls have been found? ...Thank goodness. *sigh of relief*
: ...That can be arranged. I have someone here who can provide aid.
: Sure. Leave it to me, Mr. Kryuger.
: ...Sorry for the wait, Commander.
: I just received a call from HQ. I'll be giving you an important mission.
: Let me confirm the intel first. See you in a bit.

Kalina's report: We received our first mission from HQ - scouting S.F. movements in the area.

Chapter 1-3: Investigate Anomalies

Music: Frontline

: Our frontlines have retrieved several injured T-Dolls that are in urgent need of repair once they're transported back to base.
: But intel shows that a Sangvis outpost is still operating autonomously under minimal command along our transport route.
: They don't actually pose much threat to us, but these injured T-Dolls are very important to us, and there must be no room for mistakes.
: So if you'd please, dispose of that outpost quickly to ensure our T-Dolls' safe return.

: Super Sorority, Start Sangvis Slaughter!
: You're really getting into the name, aren't you?

We head straight up to capture the helipad to give ourselves more AP breathing room. Normally the first starting move for a Gold medal strategy is to move your first echelon one node and then summon in a second for more AP and coverage next turn, but in these early chapters it's not very necessary.

A new battlefield background, and a new enemy. Meet the Scouts. They're short-ranged bots that don't hit super hard but have ridiculously high evasion. You can't really counter them with RFs' naturally high accuracy either, because they tend to swarm and kill RFs from a death of a thousand cuts before the RFs can shoot them all. Best dealt with by grenadiers.

Turn 2. Like the previous maps, these guys don't move. I believe they only start moving next map.

Now we've got both Prowlers and Scouts in the same enemy formation. Whatever shall we do???

(We're still killing them all before any skills even activate.)

One final turn. Gold medal's in the bag.

: A perfect clear, if I must say, Super SASS. Beautifully done.
: Uh... thanks, SSG-69.
: I will say, though, that I still prefer the SSG-69 Sorority.
: Bren Ten.
: So what if it's egotistical?
: SSG? I think if you keep yelling 69, CZ-805 is going to die from the giggles.

Sangvis outpost successfully shut down. Transport route safety confirmed.

: These T-Dolls are especially valued because they are possible witnesses to some intel.
: If the intel proves to be true, it might mean open war between us and Sangvis Ferri.
: ...Yes, 'us', and that includes your troops, Commander.

...Click
A ping comes from behind Helian.

: Oh? Looks like the T-Dolls are back.
: Please excuse me.

Music: Room

: Not the slightest bit of fun during the whole thing. I was bored to tears.
: Save it, Ingram.
: If it hadn't been for the T-Dolls that came to HQ's aid, you'd be in big trouble.
: Tsk. It was a chance for me to risk my life.
: After all, the riskier it is, the more I revel in combat.
: Not this time, Ingram.
: You're one of the few survivors still capable of speech. There are some things I have to confirm with you.
: Fine, you're the boss. Whatever you say.
: What happened to StG-44 and PPSh-41, do you remember?
: I only know that Agent got there. She seemed to be in a hurry chasing something.
: We only made it out alive because we weren't her targets.
: Hmm...
: VZ-61 is the only one still missing. You two are close, aren't you? Do you know her whereabouts?
: *shrugs* Sorry, but I wasn't on the frontline back then.
: However... if she's still alive, she'll probably find a way to leave behind clues.
: That gal... can be very sharp when it counts.
: ...Understood.
: That's all I need from you. Go and get repaired.
: ...Miss Helian.
: Will we have our vengeance... for Skorpion, and all the other T-Dolls?
: ...
: Hurry up and get yourself patched up, Ingram.
: Very soon... you can have your share of fun.
: *grins* ...Understood.
: That's exactly what I want to hear.

Kalina's report: A few T-Dolls survived the Sangvis ambush. We escorted them back to base.

Next: Chapter 1-4 to 1-6.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 7, 2019

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Thyself D. Mad posted:

I am curious as to how this compares to the only other gatcha game I've played, Fate/Grand Order. Looking forward to finding out what the actual gently caress is going on. Starting with everything going to hell is a hell of an introduction. At least the entirety of history isn't being incarnated.

Right so...

This is an alternate history on top of being in the future.

Right before the Russian revolution happened in the history of this world the Russian authorities came across Alien ruins somewhere in the northern Siberian islands. So fast forward to end of ww2 the Russian looking for every advantage they could find come across this information and set up a research lab at the site of the ruins.

Sometime after 1950 America also finds some ruins and sets up its own research lab so the Soviets don't get too far ahead. Sometime during the mid to late cold war era some idiot in the Russian lab breaks an Alien continent unit in the ruins and the stuff that spills out is basically an alien super virus/bio weapon basically resident evil grade poo poo. The Soviets lock this poo poo down hard and fast but are spooked by so bad they close of the island and make it a no mans land.

Still, they apparently got enough out of their research that the collapse of the Soviet Union is extremely postponed.

Fast-forward again to 2030 a bunch of middle schoolers sneaks on to the island and break containment. The local military goes in to rescue them and while successful is forced to use heavy duty weapons and explosives which ends up releasing the Virus ((ELID) (Eurosky Low-Emission Infectious Disease)) into the atmosphere. A lot of people die and a whole lot of land in first Asia then slowly the rest of the world becomes overrun virus wastelands. This causes a major reshuffling of world powers with the Pan-European Union and the New Soviet Union being the prominent ones to come out of it. (No idea what happens in or with the Americas but the United States still seems to exist at least.)

So post ELID going everywhere there is a large enough shortage of people that the serious research is put into robotic tech to make up for this. Eventually, the domestic models shaped like people and with human-like responses start to become popular but they are still primitive.

Still, ELID is mostly contained to the areas it's already in by strings of fortress cities and everything else is now recovering things are looking bright for the future of the world no?

NOPE! IT'S TIME FOR WW3!

Now there is some silver lining here. First off with as hosed as the world is the major powers avoid using nukes and other WMDs as much as possible. The vast majority of combat also is done by drones so human deaths while still happing aren't as bad as they could be. More importantly for our story, some get to the bright idea to make military models of all these new robots that are round that now know as T-Dolls.

Enter IOP and Sangvis Ferri the two primary producers of T-Dolls. Sangvis Ferri was intently the smaller of the two producers but as the war went on its models proved more durable adaptable and reliable their most popular modle being called Jaegers. IOP starts to get worried but their salvation comes at the hands of a Russian development team called 90wish'. 90wish' produced highly advanced optimizations for current hardware and software in IOP units. Unfortanly said team vanished and it was soon learned that they were hiding or running for their lives after the results of their work were tracked to them. Russia which made more use of IOP hardware then it did Sangvis was heavily tied down with the war, so it hired a mercenary company to retrieve 90wish. This team would be led by Berezovich Kryuger of the New Soviet Union’s Ministry of Internal Affairs. Despite heavy casualties, the team managed to get to two lead members to safety.

After some tense negotiations, IOP was able to get both of the lead researchers on board, and was not only able to compete with Sangvis Ferri but eventually overtake them. By the end of the war, IOP was producing more than five times as many Dolls for the world's militaries as Sangvis Ferri. 2051rolls around and the war ends. With there being even more deaths and destruction caused by the war there is an extremely severe lack of manpower do get anything done. So IOP flips back to making Civilian T-Dolls which are really popular not only due to being cheap manpower but also thanks to their new clean looks and almost completely human-like simulated emotions and personality software.

Another side effect of the war is that most of the major military powers are severely undermanned and rebuilding. As such, there is a large resurgence of mercenary companies, which were already seeing more and more use as the war dragged on, for protection purposes. One such company is Griffin and Kryuger Military Contractor and Security Consultancy Services founded by one Berezovich Kryuger now retired. He has the bright Idea to use Civilian model T-Dolls as combatants for his new company. There are a lot of them and they are cheap and surprisingly easy to modify and upgrade. Despite the civilian market already being filled up with them a lot of them are being retired as a new second generation of T-dolls comes online.

I think I will leave off there this is already bloated up much more than I intended it to and if I go too much farther I start to hit spoiler territory. If I am allowed I will continue once we get farther into the story with more info but for now, that will do it.

TL DR:
A whole lot of nasty poo poo went down and the human population of the world has been reduced so much that a good chunk of the civilian economy uses robots not just because they are cheaper but because there are literally not enough living people to hold down said jobs.

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 24, 2019

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I can't wait to see the support echelons in action.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Danann posted:

I can't wait to see the support echelons in action.

That is a pretty terrifying Echelon...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll admit, it doesn't feel right to not have an AK-47 as part of our lineup :colbert:

EDIT: I forgot to ask- is it possible to have duplicate T-Dolls? I'm sure that for story reasons they all count as individual units, but I'm wondering if it was possible to have a lineup of all the same character. I'm doubting it, since this wouldn't be a gacha game if you were all but guaranteed a 5-star unit sooner or later, but maybe there's something else to their monetization scheme.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 24, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

I'll admit, it doesn't feel right to not have an AK-47 as part of our lineup :colbert:

EDIT: I forgot to ask- is it possible to have duplicate T-Dolls? I'm sure that for story reasons they all count as individual units, but I'm wondering if it was possible to have a lineup of all the same character. I'm doubting it, since this wouldn't be a gacha game if you were all but guaranteed a 5-star unit sooner or later, but maybe there's something else to their monetization scheme.

There's nothing stopping you from running dupes, they just can't be in the same echelon. I have a personal policy against it though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aw, I wanted to suggest running an echelon with as many AK-47s as you had, seeing as it's the world's most common firearm and all (or something like that). Will we be seeing other guns, by the way, or is this ragtag bunch of misfits out 'protagonist' squad?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Aw, I wanted to suggest running an echelon with as many AK-47s as you had, seeing as it's the world's most common firearm and all (or something like that). Will we be seeing other guns, by the way, or is this ragtag bunch of misfits out 'protagonist' squad?

After Chapter 1, I plan on letting you guys suggest new echelons for the next chapter. It'll basically be a swap every chapter. You're free to suggest that I stick with the Super Sorority though.

Also hate to break it to you, but the AK47 is one of the worst dolls in the game despite its fame :v:

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Also hate to break it to you, but the AK47 is one of the worst dolls in the game despite its fame :v:

Just like the AK-47 is one of the worst guns in the world, but it's cheap, reliable, and you can find steel-cased ammo for peanuts.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Bren Ten!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

LP seems good so far! Nice refresher for the early game, can't believe it's been almost a year since did this. The custom echelons/dialogue is a great idea, cant wait for what abominations people make for you.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 24, 2019

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The smartest move would be all-handgun echelons to preserve resources. Then we can use the resources on gacha to fill out the T-Doll index as #1 priority.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
As a gacha this game is incredibly friendly for free players simply because the premium currency is NOT used for obtaining new T-Dolls. It's so easy to stockpile on tickets and resources, unless you fury craft trying to get a certain pizza shotgun since her introduction and fail horribly every single time. Now they're adding sugar shotgun and burger shotgun in a few days aaaaaand there goes all my resources.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Lord Ephraim posted:

As a gacha this game is incredibly friendly for free players simply because the premium currency is NOT used for obtaining new T-Dolls. It's so easy to stockpile on tickets and resources, unless you fury craft trying to get a certain pizza shotgun since her introduction and fail horribly every single time. Now they're adding sugar shotgun and burger shotgun in a few days aaaaaand there goes all my resources.

There's a trick to getting pizza lion. All you have to do is try and roll for the MLG sunglasses shotgun instead, and the desire sensor will hand her over instead.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Lord Ephraim posted:

As a gacha this game is incredibly friendly for free players simply because the premium currency is NOT used for obtaining new T-Dolls.
:yeah:

Lord Ephraim posted:

It's so easy to stockpile on tickets and resources, unless you fury craft trying to get a certain pizza shotgun since her introduction and fail horribly every single time. Now they're adding sugar shotgun and burger shotgun in a few days aaaaaand there goes all my resources.
Note to others, however, that simply playing through the first several story chapters of this game nets you, for free, all the essential members you need to form an extremely strong squad that can take you to the late-game, and even further than that once a certain event hits.

Please do not disassemble those members! It's not very convenient to get them back.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Shadowbag posted:

There's a trick to getting pizza lion. All you have to do is try and roll for the MLG sunglasses shotgun instead, and the desire sensor will hand her over instead.

Another known tactic is to have a buddy who wants things but only roll indifferently yourself. I've been stealing Ibble's luck for months and got pizza lion on my very first heavy prod ever.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Ibblebibble posted:

Meet Nagant Revolver, called M1895 in EN to avoid copyright issues.

I'd just like to point out the English version is particularly weird about renaming guns, especially in regards to FNC who went through three renames between pre-release material (FCB), the EN version's initial release (FFC), and now (FF FNC).

I'm still convinced "VM59" is a translation issue (akin to how we got the "Varia" Suit in Metroid) that nobody's caught on to because nobody remembers the BM59 is an actual thing.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Now they're adding sugar shotgun and burger shotgun in a few days aaaaaand there goes all my resources.

I can't wait to run out of contracts going for SPAS and repeatedly getting anything other than a shotgun.

I can at least rest easy knowing AAT-52 and FG-42 aren't in the heavy production pool to ruin everything like they do every time I try for WA2000.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Allow me to introduce you to my heavy HK MP5...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ibblebibble posted:

Don't care I wanna AK-47 :colbert:

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Note to others, however, that simply playing through the first several story chapters of this game nets you, for free, all the essential members you need to form an extremely strong squad that can take you to the late-game, and even further than that once a certain event hits.

Yes but are any of them meme guns like the AK-47?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AKM leads my 1st Echelon, full of slavshit. Blyat the haters.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

cokerpilot posted:

Right so...

This is an alternate history on top of being in the future.

Gonna correct some lore things here so bear with me.

quote:

Fast-forward again to 2030 a bunch of middle schoolers sneaks on to the island and break containment. The local military goes in to rescue them and while successful is forced to use heavy duty weapons and explosives which ends up releasing the Virus ((ELID) (Eurosky Low-Emission Infectious Disease)) into the atmosphere. A lot of people die and a whole lot of land in first Asia then slowly the rest of the world becomes overrun virus wastelands. This causes a major reshuffling of world powers with the Pan-European Union and the New Soviet Union being the prominent ones to come out of it. (No idea what happens in or with the Americas but the United States still seems to exist at least.)

So post ELID going everywhere there is a large enough shortage of people that the serious research is put into robotic tech to make up for this. Eventually, the domestic models shaped like people and with human-like responses start to become popular but they are still primitive.

Still, ELID is mostly contained to the areas it's already in by strings of fortress cities and everything else is now recovering things are looking bright for the future of the world no?
ELID is a disease, not a virus. ELID is the result of exposure to Collapse Fluid, which is Space Magic McGuffin left behind by the aforementioned Alien race. Its purpose is to deconstruct matter, with Counter-Collapse Tech used to reconstruct it. Humans have only been able figure out how to make stuff break and/or become uncontrollable zombies so far. Collapse Fluid breaks down things by proximity and also releases radiation, so early-stage ELID is more akin to radiation poisoning. It's also extremely painful.

It should be noted ELID zombies are not limited to shambling Night of the Living Dead zombies. Late stage ones look like something out of Resident Evil and can withstand tank shells.

Also, early doll designs were based off of exoskeletons meant to handle work in Collapse Fluid-contaminated environments, then were made into military weapons, and then into civilian models.

quote:

Russian development team called 90wish'.
90Wish isn't a Russian team, they're multinational.

quote:

He has the bright Idea to use Civilian model T-Dolls as combatants for his new company. There are a lot of them and they are cheap and surprisingly easy to modify and upgrade. Despite the civilian market already being filled up with them a lot of them are being retired as a new second generation of T-dolls comes online.
Okay, this is perhaps the biggest thing that gets bandied around in the fandom that is really wrong.

Our T-dolls we command are purpose-built for combat. They're not civilian models jury rigged with armaments, they're more like combat models designed for police and/or paramilitary usage. Save for a select few exceptions that are noted, you should assume that any T-doll you see was built to fight. To use an analogy, if a military T-doll is a tank, our T-dolls are armored cars, not technicals. Able to be used by police or PMCs, but not up to the same combat capabilities as the actual military vehicle, and way better at its duty than a civilian truck with a gun on the bed. (It should be noted the reason our T-dolls use antique weaponry is because of laws stating that PMCs may not field weaponry developed since WWIII. Don't want some mercenaries being able to challenge your military.)

If you're interested, here's what a standard military T-doll looks like.

Also, all of our dolls are second-generation T-dolls. Second-generation was started when one of the aforementioned IOP designers made a variety of improvements to the previous models that would define what T-dolls would look like to the present day, including the human-like appearance. If there were any first-generation T-dolls, they'd look more like the military doll I linked, but more primitive.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mechanics talk: Resources and the Gacha

Resources are your main limiting factor in GFL. Like energy in other mobile games, once you're out of resources you pretty much can't play the game until you restock. Unlike energy, there's a couple different uses for each resource in GFL.

There are 4 types of resource in the game:

Manpower: Used for deploying echelons on the field and repairing damaged T-Dolls. The second-slowest resource to deplete during gameplay.

Ammunition: Used to resupply T-Dolls during battle. Usually the fastest to deplete, especially if you're running MGs.

Rations: Used to resupply T-Dolls during battle. Depletes pretty fast if you're farming hard.

Parts: Used to repair T-Dolls. Replenishes slower than the other 3 in exchange for not depleting very fast during gameplay.

All 4 resources are used in the T-Doll and Equipment gachas. What's a gacha, you ask? Basically a slot machine. Put in a certain combination of resources, (hopefully) get a doll to your liking. It might be best to see this in action.

Music: X5

This is the inside of the Factory tab on the home screen. As you can see it brings us right to the gacha screen. Let's click on one of the regular green production slots for now.

Here's the resource input screen. You can shove in up to 999 of each resource, but you generally don't want to. A) It's a waste of resources and B) you won't be able to target a specific type of gun, which you're generally looking to do. What do you mean by targeted recipes, you ask? Well, if I tap on Production Log on the side there...

What we're looking at here are recipes used by other randos to get dolls of a certain type that I have saved for easy use. These are the Mica-suggested recipes for the various types, which will eventually have their dedicated UI element ported to EN. There's some maths behind the recipes, such as HGs requiring a total resource cost of less than or equal to 920, but I won't go super in-depth here. There's better resources for that, to be honest. Anyway, I tap on the MG recipe, as I'm currently missing a bunch of those.

Here's what the recipe looks like loaded in. If we tap the Batch Production button...

We get this little UI popup. It's pretty self-explanatory in what it does. As I don't plan on going on a rolling splurge at the moment, I back out and press Start Production instead.

Welp, production has started. As a note, every roll of the gacha, on top of the resource cost, also costs one T-Doll Contract. I'll talk more about how to get those later, but rest assured they're also pretty common.

I'm impatient, I'm sitting on a bunch of Quick Production tickets (also pretty common), might as well burn one.

Oh hey, StG44. Glad to see you made it back ok from the Prologue. Anyway, the point is, these recipes do not guarantee a specific doll type, let alone a specific doll. Thanks to the way that the recipe formulae are, you'll always have a chance of rolling an SMG instead (if you're going for SMGs, they share a drop table with a bunch of ARs). Certain dolls also have minimum resource costs before they have a chance of showing up. If you're interested, I recommend you play around with this recipe calculator to get a more visual explanation of what I'm saying.

Back on the production tab, this is the little warning window if we tap on a Heavy Production slot. You only unlock Heavy Production after 30 stage clears, mind you.

Here's what Heavy Production looks like on the inside. As you can see, the numbers go up to 9999 instead. There's also a Core cost associated with this production (Cores are not as easy to get as Contracts, more on Cores in another post). So, what's the point of Heavy Production?
A) No 2* drops, so you can avoid getting a bunch of (mostly) trash dolls (no offence Bren Ten)
B) No HG drops, which is useful if you're aiming for any other gun type (obviously, do not roll HP if you want HGs)
C) Heavy Production is the only way to get SGs.
There are 3 tiers of Heavy Production, with larger costs of Contracts and Cores associated. These are generally not seen as worth it unless you are really drowning in resources. There can be an argument for going for the highest tier as that guarantees at least a 4* drop, but again, massive resource cost.

Equipment (which, again, we'll talk more about later) also has its own associated gacha, just in Blue Tang flavour. Heavy Equipment Production is its own beast and will be explained in a future post when we talk about fairies :getin:

The inside of the Equipment gacha. Resource costs go up to 300, and the recipes get a lot more convoluted in their thresholds as compared to T-Dolls. I mean, check out this calculator for gold equipment recipes (the highest tier of equipment). I usually just roll all-150 because that gives a chance of getting all the best equipment.

So, all these ways to spend resources, how do you gain more? Well, if you're extremely patient you can wait for a passive gain of 3 (Man/Ammo/Rations) / 1 (Parts) per minute, which is hilariously low and has a threshold of no. of resources stockpiled where it stops ticking up passively, which is determined by your commander level. In case you were wondering, there's a hard cap of 300k of each resource. The real way of gaining resources at a proper pace is through running logistics, which we will get into in another mechanics post TM.

Meet the Team: Super SASS

Super SASS (Semi Automatic Sniper System) is a T-Doll that tries really really hard and is thus the ultimate shonen protagonist. (If you're curious about the source of this GFL community meme (whilst the image itself isn't NSFW, it's on Danbooru which definitely does host NSFW images. You have been warned)) Sadly, all her efforts aren't reflected in her stats, which are pretty meh other than her RoF. She actually has a below-average FP, which doesn't work too well with her skill:

Aimed Shot: 16s cooldown, 10s initial cooldown. After taking aim for 1.5 seconds, shoot a specific target for 5.5x Super SASS's damage.

The multiplier on her skill is normal for 3* nuker RFs (also called bamboos thanks to some obscure Korean gaming terminology), so the shortfall in FP means she is outperformed by other 3* bamboos, who are themselves considered not great. Just goes to show that even in the hellworld of 2062, effort gets you nowhere :v:

If you were wondering, her tile buffs aren't going to save her from normally staying in the barracks either:

Affects handguns, reduces skill cooldown by 12%

Pretty much all RFs have a tile buff that lowers HG skill cooldown, so she's nothing special on that front. It's ok, Super SASS, I believe in you. Ganbare! :toot:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 19, 2019

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Kadorhal posted:

I'd just like to point out the English version is particularly weird about renaming guns, especially in regards to FNC who went through three renames between pre-release material (FCB), the EN version's initial release (FFC), and now (FF FNC).

I'm still convinced "VM59" is a translation issue (akin to how we got the "Varia" Suit in Metroid) that nobody's caught on to because nobody remembers the BM59 is an actual thing.

They made a point of removing the FN Herstal logo from all dolls that had it as a decoration, so it's probably copyright. It's also why Five-seveN is not capitalized that way in the EN version even though the other versions do.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Yes but are any of them meme guns like the AK-47?

ST AR-15 is like, specifically Spike's Tactical AR-15, I don't know how memey you think that is.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

ST AR-15 is like, specifically Spike's Tactical AR-15, I don't know how memey you think that is.

SOP Mod is also another modded AR-15, if I recall right, and is a sadist who takes trophies from the SF dolls like their eye balls and such. I similarly don't know if that's meme-ish enough for some folks.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Gonna correct some lore things here so bear with me.

ELID is a disease, not a virus. ELID is the result of exposure to Collapse Fluid, which is Space Magic McGuffin left behind by the aforementioned Alien race. Its purpose is to deconstruct matter, with Counter-Collapse Tech used to reconstruct it. Humans have only been able figure out how to make stuff break and/or become uncontrollable zombies so far. Collapse Fluid breaks down things by proximity and also releases radiation, so early-stage ELID is more akin to radiation poisoning. It's also extremely painful.

It should be noted ELID zombies are not limited to shambling Night of the Living Dead zombies. Late stage ones look like something out of Resident Evil and can withstand tank shells.

Also, early doll designs were based off of exoskeletons meant to handle work in Collapse Fluid-contaminated environments, then were made into military weapons, and then into civilian models.

90Wish isn't a Russian team, they're multinational.

Okay, this is perhaps the biggest thing that gets bandied around in the fandom that is really wrong.

Our T-dolls we command are purpose-built for combat. They're not civilian models jury rigged with armaments, they're more like combat models designed for police and/or paramilitary usage. Save for a select few exceptions that are noted, you should assume that any T-doll you see was built to fight. To use an analogy, if a military T-doll is a tank, our T-dolls are armored cars, not technicals. Able to be used by police or PMCs, but not up to the same combat capabilities as the actual military vehicle, and way better at its duty than a civilian truck with a gun on the bed. (It should be noted the reason our T-dolls use antique weaponry is because of laws stating that PMCs may not field weaponry developed since WWIII. Don't want some mercenaries being able to challenge your military.)

If you're interested, here's what a standard military T-doll looks like.

Also, all of our dolls are second-generation T-dolls. Second-generation was started when one of the aforementioned IOP designers made a variety of improvements to the previous models that would define what T-dolls would look like to the present day, including the human-like appearance. If there were any first-generation T-dolls, they'd look more like the military doll I linked, but more primitive.

The first part was admittedly badly worded on my part but what you are saying is what I was trying to say.

Huh I thought 90wish was Russian.

As for the last part, I knew some of the T-Dolls you got were purpose-built for PMC work but don't a whole lot of the T-Dolls have back stories that all but say they were civilian models first?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I believe a lot of the T-Doll backstories are artist notes and are not technically canon until stated in-game e.g. Springfield's love for the Patriots.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I believe a lot of the T-Doll backstories are artist notes and are not technically canon until stated in-game e.g. Springfield's love for the Patriots.

Ah one of those situations

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

cokerpilot posted:

Ah one of those situations

It's even worse because a lot of what EN players think they know about the characters' backstories came from a thing that tried to pass itself off as an official sidestory collection but was actually mostly plagiarized fanfiction.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The game's dialogue implies higher in-game rarity corresponds to T-dolls with superior specs (whenever they talk about "elite" t-dolls, it's always about AR team or 5*s), and the official manga straight up says most of them are conversions from civilian models and not particularly expensive (VN59 and SKS are cheaper than a thermal imager!) while M4 needed some very expensive replacement parts, so I'd assume it goes from "2* dolls are cheap and literally everywhere 'cause they're repurposed civilian designs" to "4* and 5* are purpose-designed t-dolls with fancy functions and limited-production runs".

Like how Nintendo products are cheap to manufacture because it uses off-the-shelf or slightly outdated tech.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 26, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kyte posted:

The game's dialogue implies higher in-game rarity corresponds to T-dolls with superior specs (whenever they talk about "elite" t-dolls, it's always about AR team or 5*s), and the official manga straight up says most of them are conversions from civilian models and not particularly expensive (VN59 and SKS are cheaper than a thermal imager!) while M4 needed some very expensive replacement parts, so I'd assume it goes from "2* dolls are cheap and literally everywhere 'cause they're repurposed civilian designs" to "4* and 5* are purpose-designed t-dolls with fancy functions and limited-production runs".

Like how Nintendo products are cheap to manufacture because it uses off-the-shelf or slightly outdated tech.

The star system is a complete gameplay abstraction and never actually brought up in the story proper. The list of officially converted civilian T-dolls can be counted on one hand, such as MP5 and the yet to be introduced Thunder. Hell, MP5 pokes a hole in that theory since she's explicitly a converted doll and is a 4 star (with her underperformance called out), while FNC and FN-97 are 3 and 2 star dolls in game but are capable of hanging out with the elite FN squad.

Dolls with actual higher specs in the side materials are noted to be a special model that has much more limited social functions (AKA they act chuuni).

cokerpilot posted:

The first part was admittedly badly worded on my part but what you are saying is what I was trying to say.

Huh I thought 90wish was Russian.

As for the last part, I knew some of the T-Dolls you got were purpose-built for PMC work but don't a whole lot of the T-Dolls have back stories that all but say they were civilian models first?

Nope. As I said the ones that are officially confirmed to be converted models are few in number. It's safer to assume the majority of dolls we get are manufactured to fight.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 26, 2019

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

The star system is a complete gameplay abstraction and never actually brought up in the story proper. The list of officially converted civilian T-dolls can be counted on one hand, such as MP5 and the yet to be introduced Thunder. Hell, MP5 pokes a hole in that theory since she's explicitly a converted doll and is a 4 star (with her underperformance called out), while FNC and FN-97 are 3 and 2 star dolls in game but are capable of hanging out with the elite FN squad.

Dolls with actual higher specs in the side materials are noted to be a special model that has much more limited social functions (AKA they act chuuni).

Nope. As I said the ones that are officially confirmed to be converted models are few in number. It's safer to assume the majority of dolls we get are manufactured to fight.

The impression I had gotten was also more that some dolls have memories in their neural network of doing non-combat jobs, but that the literal, physical doll you then field was made more recently.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

skaianDestiny posted:

I think I wasn't clear enough with the Nintendo analogy.

I'm not saying one specific doll was converted, I'm saying the doll design was repurposed. It's still a made-to-order combat T-doll, but one whose design is derived from previous non-combat models for the sake of cheap and easy logistics.

To give another analogy, think of a hardened laptop made and sold by, say, Dell to meet MIL-STD-810. It's constructed to withstand harsh conditions, but underneath all the extra stuff to make it milspec (which in GFL's case would be etching software and fire control cores) it's still the same components and basic design as a consumer product.

And I don't expect everything to fit neatly, but it does follow a general pattern. In MP5's case her rarity can simply be because she's not a production line model.
And FNC and FN97 are definitely treated as not quite as advanced as 5-7 or FAL.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 26, 2019

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Kyte posted:

I think I wasn't clear enough with the Nintendo analogy.

I'm not saying one specific doll was converted, I'm saying the doll design was repurposed. It's still a made-to-order combat T-doll, but one whose design is derived from previous non-combat models for the sake of cheap and easy logistics.

To give another analogy, think of a hardened laptop made and sold by, say, Dell to meet MIL-STD-810. It's constructed to withstand harsh conditions, but underneath all the extra stuff to make it milspec (which in GFL's case would be etching software and fire control cores) it's still the same components and basic design as a consumer product.

And I don't expect everything to fit neatly, but it does follow a general pattern. In MP5's case her rarity can simply be because she's not a production line model.
And FNC and FN97 are definitely treated as not quite as advanced as 5-7 or FAL.

From the GFL Confidential Files:

quote:

After the year 2062, IOP essentially completed the standardization of the modules for combat and civilian dolls, and other than the ACD series that was specially modified for military purposes, the other non-military dolls were reduced to six models, which were the SST-05/05A/05A2 and SSD-62D/F/G models. The SST was one of the more qualified of IOP's brands, and the SST-05 series were IOP's flagship products, possessing high operation speeds, good weapon compatibility and higher storage space for the emotion simulation to make interactions with humans more natural. As one of the early special tactics models, the 05 model had slightly worse performance than the succeeding models, but due to its high production amount and bigger database for mental maps, this model had access to a great volume of combat data. For the 05A model, as an upgrade to the special tactics model, it could use data from the 05 model mental map database to increase its own efficiency, and besides requiring less software to be installed, there was also some improvement to its hardware [footnote-6]. The 05A2 was a special combat model, and its capabilities was closer to the military models at the time, with a much higher price tag as well. Since this model had less requirements for human interaction, IOP restricted its emotion simulation storage in order to install more software. Something of note is that the 05A2's mental data was individually encrypted and stored, allowing this model of T-doll to be safer when carrying out secret missions. On the other hand, the SSD series was a brand that was developed by IOP with both the civilian-use and combat-use markets in mind. In order to better integrate into human society, the SSD series have a large amount of storage dedicated to carrying out emotion simulation calculations, along with the installation of a third-party interaction system so that the average citizen would be able to use it brainlessly. Other than that, the highlight of the SSD series was the customizable outer appearance, with the D model being the service type and the F model being the ceremonial type. Both models had several hundred changeable outer appearance modules available for purchase, which essentially fulfilled civilian requirements towards service type dolls; at the same time, by installing a control core on the dolls when needed, the SSD model dolls also had an above average performance in battle, being able to fulfill bodyguard and policing duties which required limited destructive power. The G model were a special service model, specifically used for special duties above the police and below the military, compared to the D/F models they were much more expensive even though they had better capabilities. Due to their lower production amounts and the cost-to-value problem, they weren't seen much on the market.
TL;DR: IOP standardized the various T-doll chassis, and even the "civilian" models were also designed for combat in mind. The completely purpose-built for combat SST models will outperform the more general-purpose SSD models, but the main difference in hardware between a "civilian" SSD A-doll and a SSD T-doll is the combat modules, which can be added or removed.

So this:

Kyte posted:

while not quite accurate, is close. The main thing being they weren't derived from non-combat models, but they were designed to be capable for combat even if they didn't end up being built for it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
idk what game you’re playing but my paramilitary army consists solely of bakers, gluttons, drunks and SOPMOD

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And a cinnamon roll?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm only here to mock and shitpost in a forum thread instead of when we're both awake on catgirl bargains.

Also, when are you making a Patreon so you can afford to be a whale?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tashilicious posted:

I'm only here to mock and shitpost in a forum thread instead of when we're both awake on catgirl bargains.

Also, when are you making a Patreon so you can afford to be a whale?

Just send me Google Pay cards, it's easier :v:

I am trying to get a full set of the current gacha costumes so that I can show off one full series of costume stories, but it's hardly the end of the LP if I don't manage to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Just send me Google Pay cards, it's easier :v:

I am trying to get a full set of the current gacha costumes so that I can show off one full series of costume stories, but it's hardly the end of the LP if I don't manage to get them all.

No. You must make proper waifus of all the guns.