Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
thank you, getting banned from and writing for something awful in a 10 hour period actually accomplishes the final few items on my bucket list.

farewell friends, i will meet you again beneath the tangled roots of Yggdrasil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

So are you out then? One and done? I'm sorry to see you go but I'll admit, way to make a splash.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

thank you, getting banned from and writing for something awful in a 10 hour period actually accomplishes the final few items on my bucket list.

farewell friends, i will meet you again beneath the tangled roots of Yggdrasil
Keep it up for another 7 weeks and you'll have a nice $40 payday headed your way dude.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

So are you out then? One and done? I'm sorry to see you go but I'll admit, way to make a splash.

oh hell no i;m just a sucker for a dramatic exit and a good snipe

next one's gonna be about how to win arguments online

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Excellent. Blast 'em to rags and atoms, comedy warrior.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Congrats, Phiz! I love when people write about meaningful topics.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
hey i don't have PMs but who should I be sending articles to for editing? I've got two cued up, "I have no chill and I must scream" and "how to argue insincerely online."

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

hey i don't have PMs but who should I be sending articles to for editing? I've got two cued up, "I have no chill and I must scream" and "how to argue insincerely online."

A better question is: Whom did you send it to last time, so I can send mine there? I've sent two to LD since she said I could write a weekly; the first of which she said she forwarded to Lowtax (that was almost a month ago), and I've heard nothing since.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
yeah it's LD, i gather she's just swamped with technical fixes at the moment.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

louis friend
Oct 7, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

A better question is: Whom did you send it to last time, so I can send mine there? I've sent two to LD since she said I could write a weekly; the first of which she said she forwarded to Lowtax (that was almost a month ago), and I've heard nothing since.

Another good question to ask is if that month of radio silence counts towards the two months unpaid trial period, the one that makes sure you aren't going to disappear or be inconsistent with your delivery.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
SA isn't even in the top three least reputable sites i've written for. Vice Sports permanently closed before paying me for all my work. i've been bruising my nose cartilidge on this site breathing heavy about writing for the front page For A While. i'm not about to gently caress off (till some joy-hating mod of Ask/Tell decides to try banning me again but w/e not gonna sweat it)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

SA isn't even in the top three least reputable sites i've written for. Vice Sports permanently closed before paying me for all my work. i've been bruising my nose cartilidge on this site breathing heavy about writing for the front page For A While. i'm not about to gently caress off (till some joy-hating mod of Ask/Tell decides to try banning me again but w/e not gonna sweat it)

Me, too, I just like to write things that will hopefully give people some comic relief from the craziness of everything in the world.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Me, too, I just like to write things that will hopefully give people some comic relief from the craziness of everything in the world.

Does this include yourself in this case?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bluedeanie posted:

Does this include yourself in this case?

I work through personal traumas and tragedies publically, pointing out the odd humorous parts that crop up. Sometimes I'm able to see the humor in real-time and laugh, but most stuff I just notice while revisiting the whole process.

Like in my "World's Dumbest Stalker" thread, it's like 1/10th me posting hilarious misdeeds by the guy and cracking jokes, and 9/10ths goons dunking on him and noticing weird nuances and patterns I didn't.

Then, hopefully, people who are going through similar trauma can read it, and start noticing the things in their tragedy that give them a few second of laughter relief.

Or I write about my kids, the twinado is real.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 17, 2020

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

SA isn't even in the top three least reputable sites i've written for.

Seconded strongly, this place is not even close to worst. I've been ripped off more than enough times to know a deadbeat client from a real one, and SA is a real client. There are delays sometimes but that's true in this kind of work even when there's not a global emergency going on.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
plus, the site being an ancient trash barge full of vampire caskets isn't even lowtaxes biggest problem.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

plus, the site being an ancient trash barge full of vampire caskets isn't even lowtaxes biggest problem.

Stop posting here and save that slop for the trough (the front page)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i appreciate your sentiment but i am a bottomless well of this goddamned nonsense. i cant have a real conversation to save my life cuz the other party has to stop to write down band names i accidentally coined. if i am not braindumping 24/7 it backs up and I Will Die.

here's the last two emails I sent to LD: COWBOY NAMES, FREE TO GOOD HOME

Two-guns Calhoun
Texas "Tympany" Tim
Rowdy John
Tallest John
Regular John
Ace Bandageface
William Goatfighter
Horsepower Jones
Danny Tenfingers
Svjord Gordgord
The Brothers Foreskin
Gumpy Joe the Toothless Prospector
Slimmest William
Gunwizard Horselord
Ole Pappy Axemurder
Shooty McAmmo
Georgie Genocide
Dangerous Dave the Stage Magician
Tugboat
Ronald Reagan
Randy "big hat" Cranston
Candice Saloon
Marybelle Wilkins, the Black Widow of Cuspidore Nevada
Babydick Dillinger
Even Rowdier John
Alice von Schittsherslef
"Sissy" Timmy Yellabelly, fastest coward of the old west
Killer Nancy
Killingest Nancy
Death Toboggan
Antsy Angel Aimsbury, the twitchingest gun in Texarkana
Domino Slider
Assless Chap's Traphouse (brothel)

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Congratulations to the new crop of writers!!

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Nice job on the front page--I enjoyed it!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
:) thanks friends, when the schedule settles down I'll have stuff coming out every Tuesday. Also, any goons who want to get their work featured in an Awful Talk interview, send me a PM and we'll get it figured out.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Phiz is the cat's pajamas and that's no malarkey! Get in on that interview series and be infamous!!!!!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Congratulations. What was it you wrote, the bounce house thing, or the reminiscence about the cheap circus?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
haha nooooo phiz its me, you from the future, dont do it. dont write for something awful your soooo sexy aahahaha

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

Keep it up for another 7 weeks and you'll have a nice $40 payday headed your way dude.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

haha nooooo phiz its me, you from the future, dont do it. dont write for something awful your soooo sexy aahahaha

You got to expose the wife beater on the front page of his website. You did good.

Hope you get better chances to show off your writing than for the dead website of some domestic abuser rear end in a top hat!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
it got blanked except for missingno

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

luv u bb, i mean this.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
PHIZ rocks my socks

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

klapman posted:

it got blanked except for missingno

i'm trying to accomodate what i understand are the wishes of the wronged party

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Kind of glad I didn't get a response to my frontpage pitch

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Mega64 posted:

You got to expose the wife beater on the front page of his website. You did good.

Hope you get better chances to show off your writing than for the dead website of some domestic abuser rear end in a top hat!

What was it i wanna see it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

This but at the current front page article.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I get what you're trying to do, Phiz, but that wasn't the beest try at it. Could have used a bit longer in the oven. Makes us look like idiots.

Granted, after the last 2 weeks with Lowtax... :smith:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

StratGoatCom posted:

I get what you're trying to do, Phiz, but that wasn't the beest try at it. Could have used a bit longer in the oven. Makes us look like idiots.

Granted, after the last 2 weeks with Lowtax... :smith:

I think that's kinda the point. It was less a comedy article and more a "Hey yeah we've been dumb about this" and worth pointing out we still tend to reference the "furry concentration camp" era as comedic genius, rather than something that was only funny because we were dumb kids, and in hindsight really isn't something we should be proud of.
Though I can see where it doesn't have a consistent tone, I still think it was a decent article.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I think it's sincere, as far as a front pager goes, but it needs to also ref things like some poor fuckers getting Goon Justiced and how completely hosed that was.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Oh yeah you could probably do a whole series of articles on poo poo like the segakiller that in hindsight is really loving dumb we were cheering on, but I think the furry concentration camp was one of the few things were even at the time everyone (except the furries) seemed to think was hilarious. Whereas folks were actually reporting the the whole "This guy is stealing my cable, I'm gonna burn his house down!" bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The part of the article about how furries are inherently good at activism or ousting nazis is very strange considering how many pedophile and nazi furries there are...Just my two cents on teh whole thing. :cheerdoge: