Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I finally saw this movie. I love the director but there is alot unexplained. Tim Heidecker was great in it and I really liked how all the tethered couldn't speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Does this need to be spoilered? well tethered were a failed experiment that might have made more sense if it was more localized. The movie did show they were copying them almost perfectly. They show it at the end cut between the real people on the surface and it cuts back to the tethered copied of the father and his facial expressions isn't just right with the actions of above.

I don't really see how the tethered are the underclass or even how the surface people are the upper class.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is like saying i don't see how get out is about race.

Is it really about race? The do have the scene where they explain that its not racism in how/why they are targeting black people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

General Dog posted:

Us feels like a movie that has very little faith in the audience’s ability to get the point

Pretty logical step from the last movie. Over correcting seems to be the main movie problem in the last decade.

Pirate Jet posted:

Right - the ending is absolutely meant to imply, even if you disagree with my reading, that the reason the Tethered all only communicate in screams and grunts is because they’ve just never been taught language, amongst their other odd behaviors. It’s pretty clearly demonstrated that the Tethered would be exactly like those above ground if raised in similar circumstances, they’re not subhuman killing machines.

I'm guessing this is why they changed red voice from the trailer also? I greatly preferred red's voice in the trailer.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 29, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was really only talking about that one scene with the tv when he was strapped in the chair. I went back and watched that scene again and only the guy getting his brain transplanted might not have been racist. The son was most likely super racist. Sorry my bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5r6yWxb4g&t=158s

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 30, 2019