Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Oh I think “US” is supposed to mean united states too, what with all the ”we’re Americans” talk and this definitely having something to say about capitalism and poverty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I feel like I was underwhelmed when the movie ended but even an hour later thinking on the themes and symbolism I’m enjoying it a lot more! Good flick!

Edit: also, there’s definitely something about our main character being a black woman who spends much of the movie bound in handcuffs , right?

Or Red leading the downtrodden to freedom...there being a literal Underground Railroad? Idk, I’m spitballing here.

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 22, 2019

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Gun talk:

I thought it was clearly a conscious choice, and honestly kinda refreshing, to make a horror movie without a single gun in it. In fact, the only “gun” used and referenced in the movie ends up immediately making things worse