Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Tim Heidecker prancing around and squawking like a bird wasn't something I was aware I needed in a horror movie.
But now, all other movies are far less spooky without it.

This is pretty fun:
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1111850952695279616

Also noticed a similarity from a shot in the fun house and from the first episode of the Twilight Zone.
https://twitter.com/forgzample/status/1112175494609305600

"Where is Everybody?" is pretty good though, a man driven insane by a government experiment.
And that's such a fantastic shot/scare.

Groovelord Neato posted:

you know people can't be connected via an unknown force to be controlled by a copy right.

Sounds like someone has been drinking fluoridated water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

moths posted:

I think it was meant as a large-scale Frankenstein story. Reading class into it presents more problems than it addresses. Plus it encapsulates the narrative of the novel better than any Frankenstein movie to date.

Frankenstein is 100% about class and race.
Like, the monster is scary because he's poor, strong, and educated.
Victor Frankenstein even comments the creature's skin is the wrong colour.
The biggest horror Frankenstein faces is the idea of giving Adam an Eve, and this race propagating.
The kind of horror Lovecraft would later write about.