Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I liked it a lot. It reminded me a lot of 80s fun family r-rated horror movies like Poltergeist and The Blob. And it was very pretty.

No way it was gonna live up to Get Out, obviously, but it’s a blast and the twists were perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

seiferguy posted:

One of the funny things small details I noticed was at the beginning in 1986 when Adelaide enters the hall of mirrors is the entrance painting had a stereotypical Indian painting. In the present, it got updated to Merlin to be more politically correct.

Hah, that’s great.

Could anyone tell what the t-shirt moleperson 86 Adelaide was wearing?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Underground Lupita was the only Undergrounder who could speak because she came from above, right?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Doesn’t that come from Chapo Trap House? I don’t listen to it but I feel like I heard that somewhere.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I kinda hope Peele branches out from horror, as much as I like it, he seems to not want to be pigeonholed. It would be cool if he took the sort of Edgar Wright route of doing a different genre with every new movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

inferis posted:

I think with regard to the feeling the film cheats a little i took it that the whole idea that the people above and below were different kinds of people was actually false, Iike the reason why both versions of red can talk is because they spent time around other people who could. Ultimately everyone is a product of the environment they are in and any of the people underground would turn out fine if they were raised above ground.

Agreed. That’s why she was quiet for so long, she was learning how to talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

My favorite moment of the whole movie was when Kitty, near death, is crawling across the floor and reaches up toward Mirror Josh, who extends his hand and then does the fake handshake move super slowly

All of his characterization is done in service of that moment and it’s great