Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

2 (of the many, many) questions i had:

1) every other person/family was killed immediately by their clones. why didn't the main fam's clones just kill them quicker instead of doing the cutesy toying around with them bullshit?

because all of the clones weren't clones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bellmaker posted:

You know who would have been a great target for all this rage? The assholes who did all this poo poo. But instead the Tethered are focused on revenge on those with more privilege than them while the scientists and politicans get away with the experiments they ran unscathed.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Wax Tadpole posted:

I mean how difficult is it just to say “hey guys I’m the real Adelaide”? Also why did she explain the origins of the doppelgängers to the goddamn doppelgänger? I feel once the movie started trying to explain itself it all just started to fall apart.

she's probably gone a little bit loving insane and her grip on reality isn't exactly the tightest.

also, who the gently caress would believe her? and would it even matter? the family built their life with someone. do you think they will trade her for someone else at this point?

i guess the crux is, let's say she does what you say. then what do you expect to happen?

colachute fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 26, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Typical Pubbie posted:

No I can't because the family isn't aware tethers exist. They were created in secret and live in secret. This isn't class war, it's the invasion of the mole men but get this, the mole men are poor people.

Rich people are only aware that poor people exist when they are in the way, not because they actually exist.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you explain the exact same things in 100 different ways, you’re not making a point. You’re just being insufferable. We get it, dude.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

On the flip side, remember in the movie Casper when he shows her that if she tries to touch him, his hand goes right through hers? And then later in the movie he is somehow able to carry her to a lighthouse?

That’s a plot hole and man it has bugged me ever since I was a kid.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MacheteZombie posted:

But how did the rabbits eat?

Just lol.

everything else in the movie is now invalidated

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Needing a movie to explain everything because it explains some things is probably one of the most neurotic and miserable ways to watch a movie ever.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Rhyno posted:

SHUT THE FAITH UP

TV edits are a magical thing.

Die Hard 2 is better on TV because the edits turn it into a comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQP4d_r_Gs

YIPEE KY YAY MR FALCON

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

is this thread NASCAR? cause it's about to go in some more circles, baybay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

Right - the ending is absolutely meant to imply, even if you disagree with my reading, that the reason the Tethered all only communicate in screams and grunts is because they’ve just never been taught language, amongst their other odd behaviors. It’s pretty clearly demonstrated that the Tethered would be exactly like those above ground if raised in similar circumstances, they’re not subhuman killing machines.

Yes, that is the twist of the movie.