Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zogo posted:

89 ASGs but only one inside-the-park home run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwO2BjcweU

I'm the computer sound effects when the scoreboard is updated. the aughts were a weird time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Basticle posted:

I'm the computer sound effects when the scoreboard is updated. the aughts were a weird time

all star gil meche

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I still want the stories of Ichiro having a massive framed photo of Snoop Dogg in the entry to his house to be true. Because that...is excellent.

I went to one of the exhibition games in Tokyo and besides Yomiuri Giants fans being annoying and legion, it was awesome to see Ichiro in person one last time. I watched the regular season games on TV, and I’m still shocked none of the pitchers tried to really groove a cookie or two for him.

I’ve been a fan since 1994/1995 and those impossible runs, but I will always have the best memories of that 2001 season and Ichiro. Thank you, Hit King.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Please enjoy this very good dog (oh, and Ichiro too)
https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/1110556059272273921?s=19

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Elitist Bitch posted:

I realize this might be unpopular to say but I don't understand the whole Randy Johnson thing. He's a great pitcher but he is in the HoF in a Diamondbacks hat, I think it's vaguely disrespectful to Ichiro to ask him to share that honor with someone who accomplished the bulk of their career achievements on other teams.

(Full disclaimer: I became a Mariners fan in 2008 so I may not be getting something here, I'm mostly looking at stats)

I like it.

You're underselling how drat good Johnson was with the M's. World Series and 4 straight Cy Young awards with Arizona sealed the deal for the HOF plaque, but he was loving insane for a while with the M's.

In a five year stretch he went 2nd, 3rd, 1st, injured for a season, 2nd in Cy Young voting while a Mariner. He WAS their pitching staff more or less. First M's no hitter, driving force to making the playoffs the first time, best pitcher they've ever had (Sorry, Felix.)

I get your point, but don't think it's remotely disrespectful. As good as Ichiro is, Johnson is easily a top 10 pitcher ever. Likely top 5. They'd have retired 51 already if it weren't for Ichiro. Doing a dual ceremony makes perfect sense.