Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Indeed, it's material to scare NDP/Green leaners into voting Liberal to stop the big bad scary Conservatives.

Strategic voting is for chumps though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m voting NDP come hell or high water this time, if the Librrals don’t like it maybe they should’ve implemented electoral reform :shrug:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m voting NDP come hell or high water this time, if the Librrals don’t like it maybe they should’ve implemented electoral reform :shrug:

Well good news for you then

https://twitter.com/CBCPolitics/status/1164658449805979648?s=19

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
thats cool

i like that the thing i posted about andrew sheer saying like 2 months ago is getting traction now

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Too bad NDP isn't doing better or Libs could have discovered the stuff tommy douglas said when he was 25.

Have they not? Are they gonna wait another hundred years??

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

RBC posted:

thats cool

i like that the thing i posted about andrew sheer saying like 2 months ago is getting traction now

It's like how I posted a month back that Bolsonaro is an enemy of the human race and needs a nuke up his rear end, and now today everyone is coming around to that realization. :shrug:

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Rime posted:

Societies very survival probably relies on the deaths of a couple billion children, at this juncture, not making GBS threads out even more.

Typically, when the overpopulation argument and solution combo is presented, the implication is that poor/brown populations should be reduced.

I don't think I need to spell out why this is bad

More than anything solutions will require drastic change in how we live and consume

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eXXon posted:

Imagine if all the Boomer/Silent suburban/rural uneducated white men weren't complete assholes.

I'm guessing you havent spent much time with rural people.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Birudojin posted:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...y-liberals.html

To be fair, Canada has always forced married couples to have children, and then forcibly annulled relationships where the partners would not, could not, or simply no longer were having children.

I'm thinking there is a good chance this turns into a nothingburger if Scheer handles it well. I'd never vote for him, but if he comes out swinging that his views have changed and actually shows it, most people will forget about this "controversy". Hell, Obama and Hillary were both anti-gay marriage in 2005 too. A lot has changed. It used to be a kinda big deal to be supportive of it as a mainstream politician.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

zapplez posted:

I'm thinking there is a good chance this turns into a nothingburger if Scheer handles it well. I'd never vote for him, but if he comes out swinging that his views have changed and actually shows it, most people will forget about this "controversy". Hell, Obama and Hillary were both anti-gay marriage in 2005 too. A lot has changed. It used to be a kinda big deal to be supportive of it as a mainstream politician.

He was still on this type of canard in a backyard party in 2016 or so. When I spoke to him personally.

He is still very anti gay marriage. He attempted to justify it through some Byzantine libertarian fashion, which in true libertarian fashion sounded pleasant for the brief few moments it hung in the air, then fell apart if you thought about it for a second.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Birudojin posted:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...y-liberals.html

To be fair, Canada has always forced married couples to have children, and then forcibly annulled relationships where the partners would not, could not, or simply no longer were having children.

It's great that he's also saying that straight couples who can't have children "naturally" shouldn't get to be married either

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Scheer is really gross but that's the only reason? The NDP shouldn't be very compatible with the CPC :confused:

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drewjitsu posted:

He was still on this type of canard in a backyard party in 2016 or so. When I spoke to him personally.

He is still very anti gay marriage. He attempted to justify it through some Byzantine libertarian fashion, which in true libertarian fashion sounded pleasant for the brief few moments it hung in the air, then fell apart if you thought about it for a second.

You go to conservative politicians backyard parties? Or ones where it would be normal for them to show up?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

E: You know what maybe i wont give means to doxx myself here.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

StealthArcher posted:

E: You know what maybe i wont give means to doxx myself here.

Probably a smart idea knowing the obsessive vindictive assholes in canpol who literally try to ruin careers because a liberal posting hurt their feelings.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zapplez posted:

If he came out swinging and said his views had changed, half his base would desert him for Max Bernier.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
There's nothing wrong with the NDP making the tactical decision that there is no point in even entertaining the notion of supporting the Conservatives after the next election, but if you're going to make that tactical calculus and then announce it publicly why not open up on the Conservatives with both barrels? How about we'd never consider supporting them because they have a bullshit climate plan that experts have assessed will raise emissions, there campaign manager founded Canada's premier white nationalist website, their association with Doug Ford and cheerleading same's unprecedented use of the Notwithsatanding Clause and their long history of opposing progressive action on the human rights of LGBTQ+, immigrants, women and Indigenous Canadians.

Nah, Jagmeet rolled out of bed this morning and discovered Andrew Scheer is a secret homophobe.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

zapplez posted:

You go to conservative politicians backyard parties? Or ones where it would be normal for them to show up?

2016 was a weird time. It was a very eye-opening to see how intellectually bankrupt conservatives are at the highest level.

Can't say I'll ever be doing that again.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

zapplez posted:

I'm guessing you havent spent much time with rural people.

Heartland is a Canadian family drama television series which debuted on CBC on October 14, 2007.

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

zapplez posted:

Probably a smart idea knowing the obsessive vindictive assholes in canpol who literally try to ruin careers because a liberal posting hurt their feelings.

Is that really a thing here? The vast majority of the posts I have seen swing to the left...is there contingent of right wing lurkers?

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
BC Ed update:

We're in mediation now. It won't go anywhere because the employer's hands are still tied by an inadequate funding envelope from the NDP. We've made almost zero progress since bargaining began and the NDP are still asking us to voluntarily give up what we got back through the SCC court win.

It's increasingly looking like cowardice at the BCTF executive table. We keep being asked to 'put the pressure on' MLAs etc. but it's feeling more and more like they're keeping is distracted from the fact that they haven't done very much to turn up the heat themselves.

I'm going to start poking around to see if there are enough malcontents out there to start agitating to topple the government (politically, RCMP).

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/NEWS957/status/1164945767603347458

:)

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

just another posted:

I'm going to start poking around to see if there are enough malcontents out there to start agitating to topple the government (politically, RCMP).

Guillotines are a political instrument!

:gritin:

e: Joking aside, if an allegedly pro-labour NDP government isn't willing to negotiate in good faith, who do you think would? (I haven't closely been following your updates, mind you.)

Jan fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 23, 2019

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Presumably an actually pro-labour NDP.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Jan posted:

Guillotines are a political instrument!

:gritin:

e: Joking aside, if an allegedly pro-labour NDP government isn't willing to negotiate in good faith, who do you think would? (I haven't closely been following your updates, mind you.)

There's no better alternative, at least for the BCTF. But it's also not clear to me that there's a worse alternative for the BCTF at the moment. We may as well be bargaining with the Liberals.

I don't want to be insensitive to the other ways the NDP had been good for the province, but I'm also not busting my rear end as a union activist so that I can ultimately strike a Confucian pose about our position in the province.

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK

Booourns posted:

It's great that he's also saying that straight couples who can't have children "naturally" shouldn't get to be married either

That's made up for by the fact that if you're single and get pregnant, we force you to get married

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Is that really a thing here? The vast majority of the posts I have seen swing to the left...is there contingent of right wing lurkers?

liberal is a right wing slur on these forums. If you are right of the USSR , you are a liberal and you must be outted and destroyed. Hell, if you vote NDP you are right wing on here,.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

zapplez posted:

liberal is a right wing slur on these forums. If you are right of the USSR , you are a liberal and you must be outted and destroyed. Hell, if you vote NDP you are right wing on here,.

Do you use razor blades to shave, or just use all that edgyness you've got?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I will be voting for the NDP this upcoming election and I'm a far right nationalist

apparently

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Huh...is Trump farming out immigrant hate to Canada?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Canada doesn't copy everything from the US, there's plenty of hate for immigrants. We're just late to the party.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Argas posted:

Canada doesn't copy everything from the US, there's plenty of hate for immigrants. We're just late to the party.

Actually, Canada doesn't copy everything from the US, but Canadian Conservatives almost always do.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gatts posted:

Huh...is Trump farming out immigrant hate to Canada?

Canadian politics is often very similar to American politics with a 5-10 year delay. Right now we're having our 2012 election where a charismatic young leader has to win reelection after a resounding success four years ago but an unspectacular first term, facing off against an uninspiring random conservative white guy as his opponent, while in the wings the far-right shrieks about how every politician is a Muslim communist.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

zapplez posted:

Your brain is broken

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I see you are new to zappelz.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

zapplez posted:

I grew up knowing one of the ones here my entire life, it is possible, albeit unlikely, to be able to dislike a person's political affiliation without completely condemning them as the great Satan.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

zapplez posted:

Oh I see, you're having an extremely normal one.

Carry on!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Before replying to zappelz remember that they're the kinda person that uses their parachute account to agree with themselves and act accordingly

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I grew up knowing one of the ones here my entire life, it is possible, albeit unlikely, to be able to dislike a person's political affiliation without completely condemning them as the great Satan.

this is true, nikita krushchev was a Great Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
You'll be glad to know E May fiercely opposes GMO alfalfa and will ensure fully staffed lighthouses

Vision Green is a 145-page dump of random policies

e: speaking about the document at large, some ideas are pretty good