Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

the guys dont get paid for poo poo so they give like 50% effort, it's the mlw stink

Court Bauer Energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Super No Vacancy posted:

the guys dont get paid for poo poo so they give like 50% effort, it's the mlw stink

The first show back in the covid era had a Brian Pillman Jr match. I have never seen a lazier performance in a wrestling match.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
just got a spam call from area code 440 and i shuddered a little bit

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

just got a spam call from area code 440 and i shuddered a little bit

:smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I get that channel. MLW have anything going on besides Jacob Fatu?

The latest Observer says WWE wants to use MLW as their sub-NXT like Evolve so probably not for much longer.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Luigi Thirty posted:

The latest Observer says WWE wants to use MLW as their sub-NXT like Evolve so probably not for much longer.

Isn't Evolve already their sub-NXT?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Luigi Thirty posted:

Mentioned this in the WWE discussion thread, but PWInsider is saying those talks didn't happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Isn't Evolve already their sub-NXT?

EVOLVE no longer exists as of last year when WWE officially bought and closed them finally

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okay, Andrade's next match announcement post-WWE is better than his first one (against Del Rio July 31)

Federacion Wrestling debuts on PPV June 19

Torneo Copa Federacion Wrestling featuring twenty participants TBA throughout May
Futuro and Brilliante Jr vs Shoko and Barabas
Rey Horus vs Flamita vs a mystery opponent in a triple threat
Miranda Alize, Zeuxis and Ayako Hamada vs Red Velvet, Tay Conti and a mystery partner
Penta El 0M and Fenix vs Bandido and Dragon Lee
Andrade, Rush, Bestia del Ring and a mystery partner vs Matt Taven, PJ Black and two mystery partners

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

kingston and dom beat the poo poo out of each other tonight at aiw

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dario Cueto showed up on MLW Fusion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Well gently caress, guess there was something to those LU teases earlier in the year

Makes me feel worse about the rumored partnership coming with WWE. Don't ruin Dario you bastards :negative:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Edward Mass posted:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

He said that he was building a temple and needed sacrifices, and I marked hard for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Paradigm Pro up on IWTV right now. Terminal Combat is 5 minutes of UWFi and then hardcore rules. Absolute insanity has ensued.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting caught up on all this weekend's indie shows.

No Peace Underground continues to be a surprisingly well produced spectacle. They got Parrow doing really great deathmatches, including beating on Tremont's trainee trio. Also heel Effy. Gay carnage. And that was the first 20 minutes.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=310844&page=2

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Full disclosure, I am currently training at the Monster Factory.

We held another show this past weekend and it was really good and one of our best shows this year. Please check it out.

MFPW on 11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FjugA6Srs

Also! Monster factory is also starting to a weekly show on Youtube called Monster Factory Arena. Please check that out as well.

Episode 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSQ2rUe7VfI

Episode 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4EXrcdrGg

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

15/16 of the Scenic City Invitational is named (guessing Makabe is 16 as defending champ from 2019, no clue though), I watched WM weekend but I can't tell who Dylan's new fave would be except mayyybe Garcia? If 16 is Makabe I might think he goes back to back.

1. Nolan Edward
2. Jeremy Wyatt
3. 1 Called Manders
4. Logan Creed
5. Daniel Garcia
6. Alex Kane
7. Cabana Man Dan
8. Jon Davis
9. AC Mack
10. Graham Bell
11. Arik Royal
12. Jaden Newman
13. Derek Neal
14. Brett Ison
15. Adam Priest

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm double vaccinated and if you are too get your god drat rear end to Chattanooga this August.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I wouldn't bank on it being Dan barring changes to Canadian quarantine rules.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

davidbix posted:

I wouldn't bank on it being Dan barring changes to Canadian quarantine rules.

literally had no idea he was Canadian which would explain his lack of booking over the past year and me being a lovely indie fan

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's Makabe, I am the king of scoops.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well, this stinks!

https://www.timesleader.com/news/1495263/local-pro-wrestling-production-company-sues-nj-wrestling-outfit posted:

A city-based wrestling-focused video production company has sued a New Jersey independent wrestling group, accusing the latter of breaching their contract by holding pay-per-view events.

IndependentWrestling.TV claims it might be out a half a million dollars over the alleged breach of contract.

IndependentWrestling.TV, which has a home address of 67-69 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, filed the suit on Friday through their attorney, Lars H. Anderson, of the Kingston-based Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn.

According to the suit, IndependentWrestling.TV entered into a contract with Game Changer Wrestling, based out of Haddonfield, N.J., on March 19, 2020.

The suit suggests that IndependentWrestling.TV would film, produce and distribute the New Jersey company’s professional wrestling bouts.

The suit says that IndependentWrestling.TV and Game Changer wrestling had agreed to terms that included IndependentWrestling.TV having exclusive rights to hold pay-per-view events for Game Changer.

But, the suit alleges, Game Changer changed their minds.

“On Dec. 1, 2020, (Game Changer) informed (IndependentWrestling.TV) to breach the distribution agreement by producing and live streaming (Game Changer’s) pay-per-view events through an alternate platform,” the suit says.

The suit goes on to say that Game Changer proceeded to have a total of 36 pay-per-view events between Dec. 5 and May 15, and IndependentWrestling.TV says these “were a violation of the signed distribution agreement between the parties.”

IndependentWrestling.TV claims it notified Game Changer of the alleged breach of contract, but that the pay-per-view events continued to occur.

The suit says that damages cannot be calculated until Game Changer provides the full amount of revenue garnered by the pay-per-view events, “but it is believed the damages are in excess of $500,000.”

The suit is asking a Luzerne County judge to enter a judgement in favor of IndependentWrestling.TV. No lawyer of record was listed in the document for the New Jersey company.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well, this stinks!

Is it just me or does this seem like an open and shut case for IWTV? GCW's run a hell of a lot of iPPVs since the pandemic hit.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lumbermouth posted:

Is it just me or does this seem like an open and shut case for IWTV? GCW's run a hell of a lot of iPPVs since the pandemic hit.

I think one thing that makes it hard is IWTV claiming that they lost a potential $500k from this. They don't run on-demand shows or PPVs, they charge a flat monthly fee. Can they prove that enough people ended their subscriptions to the tune of $500k?

It seems very cut and dry that GCW breached the contract based on the small bit of info in the article, but it seems hard to determine actual damages for the type of business model IWTV runs.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

36 PPV events in that timeframe seems wild but they're probably counting each show from the 24-hour marathon

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm guessing they could argue that every GCW buy would have translated to a new subscription for IWTV.

I'm confused about the dates though. They entered this agreement on 3/19/2020, but they're looking at shows from 12/15/2020 and on. I know GCW ran plenty of PPVs on Fite in the time between, right?

e: added years because I know I'm gonna confuse myself without them

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Penguin Patrol posted:

I'm guessing they could argue that every GCW buy would have translated to a new subscription for IWTV.

I'm confused about the dates though. They entered this agreement on 3/19/2020, but they're looking at shows from 12/15/2020 and on. I know GCW ran plenty of PPVs on Fite in the time between, right?

e: added years because I know I'm gonna confuse myself without them

I think that's when GCW tried to get out of the contract, I remember some "don't trust nobody" style tweets coming from them near the end of the year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lumbermouth posted:

I think that's when GCW tried to get out of the contract, I remember some "don't trust nobody" style tweets coming from them near the end of the year.

They tried to make #FreeGCW a thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IWTV, this is super bullshit and you know it.

Brett wanted out, you let him out and now a year later you're suing?

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

imagine being so lovely Ian Rotten says you're too much for iwa ms, albeit it while being lovely himself and missing the point, but still.

SexMetalBarbie fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 5, 2021

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They tried to make #FreeGCW a thing.

was the same day or day after Brodie died cause i unfollowed GCW cause i was like i just don't care, i am trying to see the Brodie stuff not your little hashtag.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
https://twitter.com/Lauderdale11/status/1400937342131658764

signed a contract
decided nah nevermind
broke contract 15 times
people who rightfully had a contract ignored him which is something they have a right to do
complains on Twitter for sympthy.

i mean i already knew that Brett Lauderdale was an idiot from when he said the n-word, but this confirms it.

oh and too dumb to get a lawyer.

I love GCW, shame it's run by this guy.

SexMetalBarbie fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 5, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Feels dumb even for a wrestling promoter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish I could go through life with Brett's utter confidence.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lauderdale is a good dude and the ultimate homie for never snitching on Nick Gage.

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine

The_Rob posted:

Lauderdale is a good dude and the ultimate homie for never snitching on Nick Gage.

good dude don't always translate to smart.

also until i get some clarification on the audio of him very clearly saying the N word that somehow drastically changes the context and makes it okay, like a gun was to his head forced to say it, he's a piece of poo poo.

GCW is probably going to die from this lawsuit. i will feel sympathy for the wrestlers and absolutely zero for Brett.

lovely person making stupid decisions.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SexMetalBarbie posted:

was the same day or day after Brodie died cause i unfollowed GCW cause i was like i just don't care, i am trying to see the Brodie stuff not your little hashtag.

whose rereg are you

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
anybody watching gcw? someone is doin high school emo poetry over black and white clips. oh it's Atticous, makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I am watching the tournament of survival #666. Cogar rules. Just want to put that out there.