Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Danaru posted:

That's a bit different because I make violence jokes on purpose while Grace just says words that come into his head without ever wondering what they sound like in sequence. I can try to tone down the violence jokes though.

Thank you so much, I used to do it too and I know it's a hard habit to break, but I'm cheering for you!

I almost forgot about James Pond, but that's because I was stoned and drinking tang w/pinnacle whipped (dude, seriously, try this, it's like drinking a creamsicle), but it looked exactly bad enough to wrap around to hilarious. It's like they had a vague concept (utilize vertical space with minimal jumping involved) but ran it through that deep dream neural net so it was full of dogs. Were those weird fuzzy balls meant to be dog nuts? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I feel like this could turn into Petscop at any moment now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 9 - Castlevania Dracula X/Super Castlevania 4

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

That "II" power up was a double shot so you can throw 2 subweapons at once. There's also a triple shot.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Wiseblood posted:

That "II" power up was a double shot so you can throw 2 subweapons at once. There's also a triple shot.

Oh sick, that also explains why we lost it like immediately since I got another sub weapon :v: I honestly might play more Castlevania 4 sometime since that game owns (same with post magnet brain power rangers :mad:)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 10 - The Shameful-rear end Fighting Game Episode

The moral here is that your biggest obstacle to success is yourself (and Ivan Ooze)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 10 - The Shameful-rear end Fighting Game Episode

The moral here is that your biggest obstacle to success is yourself (and Ivan Ooze)

As evidenced by X-Men: Apocalypse :v:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

You should play the gundam wing SNES fighting game, it's pretty fun and looks similar to the power rangers one. Buttons are pretty simple, the only weird stuff is you can boost dash by hitting a direction and any two attack buttons at the same time, and I think when you're far away from the enemy your punch button is replaced with a machinegun attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vywM1GzRb0s

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 11 - 2020 Super Baseball

I admittedly get kinda salty in this one because I love the game's aesthetics and I can see how fun it could be, but then you get chain-outed because your runners just straight up stood still and let the other team whip the ball wherever.

I want to be clear I tried pressing nothing, I tried mashing buttons, I tried lots of stuff, I dont know if I missed something obvious or if something was up with the emulator, but when I say they just didnt, they just didnt.

Also because I'm not super happy with this episode, here's a bonus episode of an LP we're going to launch tomorrow

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
2020 Super Baseball's aesthetic was even radder in the arcade version 'cause that full quality music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmT6BjrFdQ&t=27s

Uplink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3eww1dnd0k

Croccers fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 3, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Dude Las Vegas is the best because the fun places are where poor people hang out. Caesars sucks and is full of dad's gambling their children's college funds at 25/hand minimum and getting super salty and they don't give quick drinks to poor people.

But go down to the El Cortez and it's like a loving party at quarter roulette. It owns. Also the dealers are drunk sometimes and can't count.

Watching super baseball 2020 makes me realize how loving awesome yakuzas batting cage is by comparison.

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
Dammit Dan.

Your players are perfectly positioned to catch the fly balls. just don't touch anything and they will catch it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

GrandmaParty posted:

Watching super baseball 2020 makes me realize how loving awesome yakuzas batting cage is by comparison.

That is my worst minigame, please enlighten me on how to bat cages in Yakuza.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CirclMastr posted:

That is my worst minigame, please enlighten me on how to bat cages in Yakuza.

Which one

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yakuza 0

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Don't even watch the ball. Watch the bat. Kiryu knows when to swing-- when it's time, the bat will stop circling and just hold still.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

There's some loving system wherein you buy upgrades because 1980s capitalist Japan

basically you upgraded Yukiko and like one other girl once apiece and then called it gravy while the game just got steadily harder.

try it again but actually loving upgrade your players and you might suffer less at it.

also p.s. the cartoon-level violence is fine, you're good

edit the second, oh Jesus, I have much more sympathy right now actually because my loving phone screen is cracked and doing weird poo poo that I don't tell it to do. I'm deeply impressed you finished the baseball game.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 5, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 12 - Donkey Kong Country 2

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I got irrationally angry when you knew what a panzerotti was but didn't know what pizza margherita was.

Also, jiz ruled.

Somehow they got Willam belli on there at the height of his stardom because he thought it was funny

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

DKC2 is the best of the three SNES DKCs. I dunno who you've heard badmouthing it, but I need names and addresses. :colbert:

Main reason: both of the characters are good and have clearly defined specialties. Dixie is better for platforming, with her gliding, and I prefer Diddy for combat sections because he holds barrels in front of himself, not above, which gives him a one-hit "shield" in case you accidentally run into an enemy. I also think the animal sections were better designed.

I love how Dan managed to skip every opportunity to use Engarde in the video. You use Rambo and Rattly and Hoppy the Fuckin' Tit-Spider ( :allears: ), but no Engarde.

Also, is anyone else getting super weird recommendations on this video or is it just me?

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 6, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 13 - Castlevania/Castlevania 3

This episode and the next might look a little weird, I dont have access to my usual editing software and Grace just bailed out mid episode twice thanks honey, so I had to either leave 20 minutes of dead air in or improvise. In any case that'll clear up in two episodes :v:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 8, 2019

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It looks like you accidentally skipped Castlevania 2, AKA the best one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

It looks like you accidentally skipped Castlevania 2, AKA the best one.

I actually plan on getting a retranslation patch and giving Castlevania 2 a genuine shot. I thought I already had a patched rom but I couldn't find it before we started :(

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I actually plan on getting a retranslation patch and giving Castlevania 2 a genuine shot. I thought I already had a patched rom but I couldn't find it before we started :(

You say that like you're not going to be completely drunk and not paying attention either way. I don't think a retranslation will save you.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
They didn't stone women for not being virgins in 11th century Europe. Most likely the dowry would just be reduced or Leon could use it as an excuse to get out of the marriage without pissing off the Church or any relevant noble families. About the worst possible (legal) result for Elizabeth would be ending up in a convent.

Not saying getting possibly (possibly) forced into a nunnery by your parents is great, but there'd be no murder.

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 9, 2019

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Bats are very nice, pretty cute, and barring the one famous species in South America, not vampires at all. They're mostly just weird little upside-down dogs that learned to fly so they could get to fruit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lB4kPC90I

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 14 - Punchout!! (ft. George Foreman)

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1126308568704192517?s=19

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I love how upset Grace is when you try to talk about the game.

Do the Wii one! Punchout rules!

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 12, 2019

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
I imagine you as literally just Bear Hugger but IRL.

How close am I?

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 12, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I acknowledge that you tried to not offend us, but we will never forgive you for what to to Von Kaiser's face! :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hammurabi posted:

I imagine you as literally just Bear Hugger but IRL.

How close am I?

I have no beard and I have a full head of hair, but beyond that it's dead on

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

So basically Mad Clown?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Danaru posted:

so this is a yes to the pine tree shaped chest hair?

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

So basically Mad Clown?

He said full head of hair, not technicolor George Costanza.

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 13, 2019

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

yo Grace go watch Australia's Eurovision entry, it's deadass Rosalina.

(I have no idea what it was about because i laughed the entire time)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 15 - Power Rangers/Milandra

It's always Morphin' Time

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Lufia 1 is rear end, Lufia 2 rules.

Also get good internet CirclMastr.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GrandmaParty posted:

Lufia 1 is rear end

You're cancelled

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

You're cancelled

I'll fight you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Fun fact: Milandra is the princess. The evil hook-nosed wizard is named Shylock. As in the Jewish merchant/symbol of antisemitism from The Merchant of Venice. Because of course he is :japan:

Also you totally said that was the bad power ranger game ha i noticed haha i beat you at your own game

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 18, 2019