Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I don't think there's a single country in the world that will let Americans get residency without a reason for being there, such as a job, school, or marriage. Or being filthy loving rich, and that's only some countries.

Like your plan is the equivalent of illegally immigrating to the US with no job and deciding that you neeed to live in San Francisco.

Xun fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

McMadCow posted:

Well no, I'm not looking to illegally immigrate to the UK. Lots of people immigrate to the US from all over the world as part of an incoming queue/lottery. That's what I want to do, but to England. There's at least a process in place in the US- it seems pretty opaque of such a thing exists for England.
I must say, I didn't realize that Americans were kept OUT of the immigration queue around the world. :(

Okay so, the reason why I compared it to illegal immigration and the reason why it's obscure is that it doesn't exist. I think the best you can do is try to find an employer that will sponsor you. I also know an ex freelancer who used to hop countries every couple of months so if you think you can make enough to support that you might be able to spend a lot of time in the UK?

Also Americans aren't specifically kept out of other countries, those types of agreements are reciprocal and the US has never had any interest in signing one.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is it going to make things easier though? I thought a bunch of big companies are leaving and not taking all of their employees with them