Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
(1) get a job, it's what i'm trying to do and i'm even engaged to one of them. Are you on jobs.ac.uk?

(2) stop spelling poo poo like they do and stop using their syntax and word choice. they can tell the difference between real and fake and they hate fake

(3) don't brag about a UK MA. they will give you one for free, no work required, for graduating undergrad and remaining alive for 8 years

(3a) for that matter don't brag about anything, they think it's gross

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

feedmegin posted:

This one only works for Oxbridge and it still costs £20 or so. Most MAs here are the real deal, which is why the fake Oxbridge ones are supposed to have (Oxon) or (Cantab) after them.

OP, I think you might be a bit deluded as to how easy it is to just rock up to any First World country and that absolutely includes the US. Also I'm not sure what 'Commonwealth residency' is supposed to be, this isn't 1900, you cant just swan about the Empire as you please.
i was wondering when the negaverse me would show up, hi feedmegin

op, i have studied what i have studied for eight years, i am engaged to one of them, and they STILL throw my application out before the interview stage as soon as i click the box labeled "I do not currently have the right to work in the uk". what makes you think you do not deserve to get in loving line?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

feedmegin posted:

:respek: did not know you're looking to move here btw. If you end up going for FLR(M) instead let me know and I can give you the low down. :)
sick, thanks dude
it all depends on where i get hired

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

feedmegin posted:

I'm sure it is, and it's not going to get him a work visa, but he's at least no worse off in that respect after leaving the EU.
the open jobs for "useless failboys who study a 400 year old war that nobody else gives a poo poo about" are few but that ain't stopped me yet

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

McMadCow posted:

Actually, "getting in line" is exactly what I'm trying to figure out how to do...?
You can do that by getting on websites like jobs.ac.uk and talking to your advisors and former classmates about potential job openings.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Earwicker posted:

or you can marry a british person
those teeth tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

McMadCow posted:

I'm currently applying to two teaching positions. The likelihood of them leading to a sponsored visa are one in a zillion, but I'm doing it anyway. The purpose of the thread was to get a general lay of the land on the immigration lottery.
Excellent. I don't think they do a lottery like we do. Keep forming relationships with people in your field in the place you want to move to. Even if it doesn't work out, you've networked.