Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
After the 2nd of the trilogy came out I went to see them live because I was obsessed with The Seer at the time. I haven't seen many concerts so I'll forever be happy I went to experience Michael Gira as he looks into your soul and pukes love in your eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Got to some of the older material after way too long; this band is consistently rewarding to get into. Soundtracks for the Blind being released in 1996 blew my mind, it sounds way of ahead of its time-- wish I'd known about it when it was released over 20 drat years ago. White Light is just magical. Each album is different, you can usually tell from the first track the tone of each album. Really enjoyable stuff.

I also keep thinking fondly of when I saw these guys live. I've only been to 4 different concerts, but I've come to see my Swans concert as the best, easily. The crowd was super respectful and mature, and the whole thing felt completely comfortable. Gira obviously does whatever he can to go above-and-beyond, and during the concert he takes time to establish a connection with each person in the audience. Without any pretense; truly a meaningful experience.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
No reason to bring it up, but it was a singular encounter, you won't find anything else about the subject.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
What's your guys' favorite Swans lyric? Toussaint has some great ones, I'm particularly fond of "rrrRRRrrrrRRrrr" or [some kind of man-dog yelping]

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Just a reminder that Swans is loving awesome. Please listen to Swans. Thank you.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Yayyyyyy

I'm finally getting into the Glowing Man recently; I've always liked it but never really got deep up in it. The title track is a good example of how Swans mixes filth with transcendence because by the end of the song I feel truly englightened but also am cumming everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ZearothK posted:

I actually burst out laughing when I saw the new album has a 43' long track.

I skipped through the song, it's really interesting; it's like all the Swans signature sounds meshed into a single song. I'm gonna have to find a good time to listen to it, for sure.