Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

everyone should read taibbi's article (except hamprince) it owns

Article says piss tape is not real, so is severely undermined

http://pissta.pe/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Since the GOP previously controlled both houses, the Mueller investigation seemed like the only possible oversight that existed across the entire federal government. Back then it made that it's all people could pay attention to because nothing else was even going on in the oversight world. (The takeaway from that should have actually been "the oversight world is hosed and nonexistent" and some people at least came away with that message).

But as soon as other investigations beside Russia became possible (coming out of the House) people should have moved on from caring about it. The media wouldn't let that happen, but good luck with that now, as the investigation's officially over. Kind of foils their plan to distract us there. Also it's not like distracting the populace actually accomplishes anything since we do not have direct democracy in any form.

Now that it's over hopefully that's an opening for everyone to watch congress try to do its job sending some (far more slam dunk) cases not related to Russiagate at all to court. Trump commits like 10,000 crimes a day and the only thing keeping any from mattering would be the insistence on investigating one, and one alone, and it's the wrong one known to have holes. But that's not under the media's control anyway. The media could only try to swing *the public's* attention towards that. I don't think we lost much from it --- at worst, it removed public pressure for investigations that were not possible before with both GOP houses anyway. A few in the dem congress have at least been trying to get some other investigations started. Life went on even without the media's participation. Send him to court for the 1,000 other things he's admitted to. It better be fast because the populace is getting angry and desperate and doesn't want to wait for justice, but it's one more thing to do.

Just trying to test my understanding of what CSPAM is gonna be talking about going forward. Anyway glad you posted the thread

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Mar 24, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

the boston bomber posted:

I think its naive to look to the court system at all for any relief from the trump administration. the US attorneys are all trump appointees. they will control what does and does not get into court.

Oh are there no potential investigations the house could start on any topic that would be controlled only by state level attorneys? If not then yeah that sounds like we're hosed lol, burn it all down

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Jollity Farm posted:

It looks a bit like a mad fandom person howling and complaining that their favourite film/actor/song/athlete/whatever didn't win the contest or award despite CLEARLY being the best one there. Perhaps they had been confused by the presence of Donald Trump into thinking it was a TV talent show, which they are NEVER WATCHING AGAIN.

My god you're right

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

edit:

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Mar 25, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Peel posted:

i think the steele dossier in retrospect is the main thing that looks a lot like a stitch-up? the affair in general can be adequately explained by a genuine investigation into something fishy exacerbated by trump's total lack of self-control (the report doesn't actually dispute the russian government tried to do a thing, it just doesn't indict anyone for colluding with them to do it), but e.g. the piss tape thing was perfectly designed to get memetic publicity.

I was under the impression that individual items in the Steele Dossier was largely confirmed by other sources, they just aren't actionable legally because there is no proof. Many of the claims in it would not have produced any long term evidence and would be legal duds. There were no recordings or any smoking guns that the legal establishment would have trouble shoving under a rug. They were "convenient" crimes to bury if the establishment were so inclined, and they were, so they paraded the dossier around like it was the only thing that merited attention.

The one thing that was a "recording" was the piss tape, and there is certainly smoke to that fire because CSPAM has a cell phone video of it playing on a computer. Or else a very sophisticated reproduction created at great expense by a nation state after the fact.... only to unceremoniously drop it on a message board to no fanfare and forgotten, which makes no sense.

CSPAM is repeatedly out of its own loop about this so I'm linking it again.

http://pissta.pe/ :nws:

That is the piss tape clip for all of you who have somehow still not found out, despite posting in the only place that cared when it surfaced.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Pawg From Produce posted:

Is that definitely not the hoax piss tape some group admitted to making?

It's an easy thing to claim that someone made a hoax piss tape. But no one has ever provided anything substantial about it when called on it. Who made a compelling fake piss tape? When? Where is it? It's way too easy for that rumor to be started by any of the groups (GOP) who don't want a compromising video to be believed if it ever leaks, and so it should be taken with a grain of salt

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

we need to make sure that when they get to bargaining it’s with the left and not the right

So be more nice to them????

Woozy posted:

Just for clarity: the "system" here referenced is the one where innuendo and conspiracy theories are not enough to unseat a duly elected President?

No

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Oooof

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
You all have never been more wrong. I present footage right here showing that our MUELLER has already arrested TONALD PLUMP (DUMP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCGFLhrMkk

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I have never closed the YouTube app more quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

It's like the Hillary fight song video. I've never listened to a second of it but I wince Everytime I see the thumbnaill

Watch them both

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Finicums Wake posted:

there was a late surge in the polls towards trump which put him over the edge, so i can understand why people think comey decided the outcome.

but that surge is better explained by an absolutely massive flood of dark money, one which flowed into republican senate campaigns all across the country during the final weeks in a seemingly coordinated fashion. it brought a lot of trump-skeptical republicans out to the polls that might have otherwise stayed home, resulting in a kind of reverse coattails effect that put him over the edge.

this happened at the same time as the comey statement, so nerds like nate silver have hyped the theory that if it werent for comey hillary wouldve won. but i think they're missing the real reason for that late bump in polling

Yeah most people have not heard that, I certainly haven't until now. At least w.r.t. a late surge. But most will have heard of dark foreign money being trickled in more regularly towards the GOP

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That depends, does he claim that the money was mostly foreign or domestic?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
^ The fact that he's a cop.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
There are a lottttt of obvious bot accounts on right wing twitter

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Saw Adam Schiff at a rally before the midterms. Seemed like a good guy. Don't think he talked about Russiagate.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's right, let's insist on only engaging Trump on the one issue he can dance all around us on :hai:

What are power dynamics

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Uh oh!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Awww

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

We're not going to get indictments or impeachment but Trump and the whole right wing media machine taking a premature victory lap before a slow motion car crash would be an acceptable outcome

edit:

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Mueller:

Stone 6 pages
Kushner 3 pages
Trump 1 page
Manafort 395 pages
Trump Jr 2 pages

someone who is good at writing reports please help me, my country is dying

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
If Mueller was QAnon for liberals, what is QAnon for leftists

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Nahhhh Stalinism is just the farthest possible right wingness plus lying to the populace about every possible thing, including what kind of government they have

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Nice

I am Q

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Zas posted:

gently caress the piss tape. i always hated that stupid meme

It's not a "meme" it's a video

http://pissta.pe/ :nws:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Nothin wrong with that

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Oh nooooooo

On the one hand lol, but

Fake news doesn't really work as an April Fools Prank, because the pranked will never visit that URL again. Instead they'll just insist forever that they SAW PROOF ONCE and will never be able to shake that feeling or figure out what happened. This is identical to putting harmful fake news out into the world

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
For lazy people who stop reading articles after a few paragraphs, it might be

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I just remembered and dug up my post from 1.5 years ago where I asked about Mueller being a Republican, showing up to the Russia thread needing to be "talked down" from my doubts that Russiagate was going to bring about the mattering

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I hear Mueller identified as a Republican as of the beginning of all this, and that still sets of bigger alarm bells to me than maybe it should.
So, Mueller having identified as GOP (it's not safe to assume that investigating Trump has changed his mind on that) makes him at best imperfect, with a history of having a poor eye for injustice, and at worst he's secretly as hypocritical underneath about justice as all the other republicans.

Paracaidas posted:

"What happens if Mueller & Co are not actually trying to investigate this" is a dumbass concern that deserves mockery. ACAB but flagrant lawlessness is frowned upon from the other side of the Thin Blue Line.

Pillowpants posted:

People like Scott dworkin have thousands of people voluntarily searching for information, and it's uncovering such a loving mess.

There is no avoiding it. My only fear is that Trump gets pardoned by president Ryan or Hatch.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ytlaya posted:

I remember that Pillowpants guy coming in once every few weeks/months to vaguely insinuate that he's doing Important Research about Trump Russia and that Big News is coming soon.

You're there like a post or two down trying to bring people to the light. Man I do not miss the D&D days at all.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Today there's a few large makeshift signs erected on pedestrian bridges above the 10 freeway in Los Angeles, for all ten lanes of traffic slowly inching forward to read as they drive under. Seen by close to a thousand people per hour, they read:

"Thank you Rep. Schiff"

"RELEASE THE FULL REPORT"

"I just think we would be better off knowing if we're Russian"

Of all the legitimate things there are to protest about the US at the moment, these guys just have to slip in racism and nationalism somewhere or else it's not worth fighting for

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/reaghhan/status/1109490411905658881

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1109495362736279553

They're serious

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
You've got some good points, forums poster Slutitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
While most of the forum is gloating over the latest Assange humiliations, do any of y'all actually believe Glenn's take on him? Is the modern story of Assange just more russiagate peddlers targetting some hero journalist as Glenn seems to think? How and why would they target him in this specific way? Is his argument seriously that the liberal media is in control of things to the point of causing sex assault victims to come forward? Are they really capable of staging the evidence they've presented for Assange having close ties to both the FSB and Trump campaign and providing crucial help to both to help the fascists? Or is Assange not a hero journalist at all and the russiagate people are right about this one?